Roomate problems

Reply Tue 9 Feb, 2016 07:55 pm
My roomate doesnt do any cleaning and i feel i am the only one cleaning everytime. We also pay half for all the stuff we need like tissue roll, tissue box, cleaning stuff, eggs, bread, rice, milk things like that. I give her the rent fee, water fee, internet fee and the money for the supplies we need. I was ok with it but ive noticed i dont eat much at home since im only there for dinner. I told her that i would like to buy my own food if its ok since i dont eat much at home and she seemed a little uncomfortable about it after i told her. After that she started telling me that i should pay for the takeover fee when i did from what i remember. I dont think she would have not told me until now that it has been 2 months ive lived with her if i hadnt payed her. What should i do about all this?

ehBeth

Reply Tue 9 Feb, 2016 10:24 pm
@sun860123,
what is a takeover fee?

___

there is no need to split the cost of food if you don't share food and meals regularly
sun860123

Reply Wed 10 Feb, 2016 01:20 am
@ehBeth,
Its a takeover fee for using all the furnitures that were already here in the apt where i live. She is telling me i payed for the deposit when i first came in but i know that this apartments owner doesnt know that the one who used to live here before left n we are living here now. They had already payed for the deposit when they came in so im pretty sure i payed for the takeover fee. Plus she told me she was going to get the deposit back this month so i dont understand. I think she is lying to me and that makes me uncomfortable.
jespah

Reply Wed 10 Feb, 2016 06:47 am
@sun860123,
There is no such thing as a takeover fee, so far as I am aware.

If your landlord does not know who is living there, it is going to be difficult if there is damage, including from a fire. I bet there's no renter's insurance.

Please seek a different place to live and keep much more meticulous records of where you put your money. It is not a nasty thing, I might add, to get the living agreement in writing.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 10 Feb, 2016 07:43 am
@ehBeth,
Some places charge a fee if a signer on a lease is replaced in the life of a lease by another person.

Also I suspect the poster is in Asia.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 10 Feb, 2016 10:32 am
@sun860123,
ahh you're an illegal sublet

if you don't have a receipt for your payment you will have to trust the original tenant to tell the truth

hopefully you've learned the lesson to get receipts in the future
bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 10 Feb, 2016 03:47 pm
@ehBeth,
Good insight! Great advice.
0 Replies