Why do so many people reject creation in favor of evolution, despite the complexity of dna?

Leadfoot

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2016 10:06 am
@mark noble,
Just went back and read some of Briancrc's posts trying to figure out why you might think we were the same person. He writes pretty clearly and concisely so I'll take it as complement...
Briancrc

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2016 10:27 am
@Leadfoot,
Quote:
Well, hypothetically, it's possible to choose to misunderstand, but I've never heard anyone admit it.

How about you? Have all of your misunderstandings been by choice?

Quote:
Did I specify past experiences? No, I did not.

Ahh...so your thoughts affect the future. How about for all the events that you didn't predict? Well, of course not those. That's silly to suggest. It must be only for all those things that you planned to do. But then what do we do with all those past experiences? I guess those don't matter. We'll forget about the future events that you couldn't predict (which is pretty much everything one would call the future). That doesn't leave much else. You just create despite your experiences. It's an Intelligent Mind that creates from nothing. The devine self.

Quote:
My daydreaming about airplanes affected events more immediate as well.

And I suppose these musings preceded ever seeing an airplane or something that flew?
Briancrc

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2016 10:30 am
@Leadfoot,
Quote:
He writes pretty clearly and concisely so I'll take it as complement...

Well...right back at you. Or am I writing to myself? Mark noble has me confused now Wink
mark noble

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2016 10:37 am
@Briancrc,
Not intended - But bloody heck - You 2 are well balanced.Smile
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2016 10:43 am
@Briancrc,
Quote:
Ahh...so your thoughts affect the future. How about for all the events that you didn't predict. Well, of course not those. That's silly to suggest.
There you go again. I didn't say my thoughts predicted future events, only affected them.
Quote:
But then what do we do with all those past experiences? I guess those don't matter.
Oh they can matter a great deal. Sometimes we forget (or don't know) that our past thoughts affected events that followed and mistakenly think those events were random or non-sensible. It can be very helpful to go back and recount those past thoughts to make sense of those events that followed.

Quote:
It's an Intelligent Mind that creates from nothing. The devine self.
No argument there except there was definitely a second party involved. I couldn't have done 'all this' myself.
Leadfoot

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2016 10:56 am
@Briancrc,
Quote:
Quote:
Ahh...so your thoughts affect the future. How about for all the events that you didn't predict. Well, of course not those. That's silly to suggest.
I should have added that it is specifically the events I did not and could not predict that has convinced me more than the ones I could, that thoughts affect future events. The connection between them that is retroactively realized is enough to leave one gobsmacked at times.
mark noble

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2016 11:34 am
@Leadfoot,
Lead - Sorry to interrupt - Is an open-thread, though.
Why do 'your' thoughts affect the (Hate to say it, but 'linear-time is all you comprehend) "Future"?
Leadfoot

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2016 11:48 am
@mark noble,
Quote:
Lead - Sorry to interrupt - Is an open-thread, though.
Why do 'your' thoughts affect the (Hate to say it, but 'linear-time is all you comprehend) "Future"?
You might ask that question of die-hard evolutionists. No, in the realm of physics, time is rather malleable. Recently read a paper synopsis that said time could even run in reverse.

But for the most part, human lives are stuck in non relativistic conditions where for all practical purposes, time is linear. Do you know of exceptions?

I'm guilty of thread creep as anyone so no apologies needed.
mark noble

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2016 12:05 pm
@Leadfoot,
'Time', lead, is the measurement (Please accept this -My Girlfriend is dying of tit-cancer, and I could be elsewhere) of the distance between ONE event and ANOTHER! Do you understand this?
A movie, for (Last time, folks) example - Consists of 'Frames" - Can only be measured between one frame to the next. LINEAR-MEASURABLE-PROGRESSION - Time - Get it?
Leadfoot

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2016 12:08 pm
@mark noble,
OK for now. Go attend to more important things...
0 Replies

Harry Blake

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2016 12:20 pm
@Setanta,
Some funny Dawkins quotes-
Firstly he says the eye appeared out of nowhere-
"It is not difficult then for rudimentary lens-like objects to come into existence spontaneously. Any old lump of halfway transparent jelly need only assume a curved shape" (Richard Dawkins: 'Climbing Mount Improbable', page146)

And secondly his "explanation" of flight (I've boldened his guesses and hunches)
"My guess is that both bats and birds evolved flight by gliding downwards from the trees.. Here’s one guess as to how flying got started in birds.. Perhaps birds began by leaping off the ground while bats began gliding out of trees. Or perhaps birds too began by gliding out of trees. (pp. 113–4)
Setanta

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2016 01:45 pm
@Harry Blake,
What has this to do with anything? How do you allege Dawkins' quotes are relevant to the topic? Finally, why are you telling me this?
0 Replies

hzcummi

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2016 02:03 pm
Lay aside the false teachings of creationism, because it does not correctly convey the Genesis text. That is why it does not agree with the scientific facts of ancient history. The correct view of Genesis is the "Observations of Moses", which churches and creationists keep trying to avoid. They would
rather teach their false doctrines, than to teach the truth of the Bible, namely Genesis.

The atheists and evolutionists want to teach their falsehoods, and also want to hide the truth from the students. A 62 minute PowerPoint presentation explains the first chapter of Genesis, and blows both creationism and evolution "out of the water".

Herman Cummings
[email protected]
mark noble

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2016 02:08 pm
@hzcummi,
"False-teachings" How do you know they are false?
Were you there?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2016 02:09 pm
@hzcummi,
"Blows evolution out of the water?" ROFLMAO
There are plenty of evidence for evolution, and only one book claiming creation.
An old book written over 2,000 years ago with many errors, omissions, and contradictions.
That you wish to believe a book with so many contradictions is your choice, but don't try to convince people with scientific proof that this planet is over 4.5 billion years old that your book's claim it's 7000 years old is factual.
mark noble

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2016 02:23 pm
@cicerone imposter,
You know what, Cic.
A month ago, maybe 12, I would have said 'couldn't put it better, myself, Great post!'
Not now, though, cic.
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2016 02:30 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Not disputing either or, am a 4.5er, myself, all the trimmings, etc.
But - I ONLY KNOW WHAT I'VE BEEN TAUGHT, and accepted thereafter.
I NO LONGER have any faith (what it boils down to) In those teachings.
My own (Monster IQ, Cic) findings fail to tally.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2016 02:31 pm
@mark noble,
All my siblings are christians, and I'm the only atheist. Always been the yellow sheep of our family. Even married a buddhist. My mother was not happy at our wedding.
mark noble

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2016 02:39 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Credit to you Cic, for such disclosure.
Got a nice feeling there.
You know what, Cic - I (TRULY) would share a meal, or , many meals with you - Location local to me, of course:) Am poor, but rich - If you get my drift?
0 Replies

Briancrc

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2016 03:52 pm
@Leadfoot,
Quote:
It can be very helpful to go back and recount those past thoughts to make sense of those events that followed.

The problem with post hoc analysis is that one can cherry-pick the data to fit one's narrative. That just seems like an invitation to delude oneself. Many of the questions about these topics has to do with things that are factual. The structure and function of biological organisms either do or do not change across time. The practices of cultures either do or do not change across time. The things that one says or does either do or do not change across time.

How do we determine the state of these facts? Belief? Faith? Mosquito's in Brazil either do or do not transmit Dika. How does one determine this fact?