Why do so many people reject creation in favor of evolution, despite the complexity of dna?

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2016 01:41 pm
@Leadfoot,
Yeah I don't buy never bought randomness either in any subject, but how shall I put it, read Parmenides instead of the Bible !
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2016 02:27 pm
@Starwonder,
I suppose, Star, it's because creation entails so many more contradictions and paradoxes. I accede however that it's hard to believe anything as complex as life and humanoids involves no sort of "plan" at all
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2016 02:36 pm
If one had a plan for humans to exist, why create a universe, then wait billions of years to start anything and then have the process follow apparently random processes, before finally producing a number of human-like creatures that got weeded until just sapiens was left - Left to figure it out for themselves how to farm and build cities and cultures? If a plan exists, what exactly is it, based on these facts?
farmerman

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2016 02:38 pm
@Leadfoot,
Quote:
One more time: Put up or shut up farmerman.
The diff between us is Im far and away more familir with the fundamental laws of chemistry and physical chemistry than are you,
Specific reactions that conclude with an abiotic formation of nucleotides and even proteins are possible by using P chem . (Carbon -oxy monosulfide (very common in volcano vents and "BLACK SMOKERS" can catalyze and combine specific purines and pyrimidines that go into the biochem bases.

The research going on is not a matter of "put up or shut up"-Thats the stupid, brain dead approach I would expect from you "slow creationists".
Every day we learn more and more.
EVEN WHEN someone manages to create a "living" cell, it has no basis in reality that this type of reaction was THE ONE that resulted in life on our planet. All we can do is conclude based upon evidence. I dont believe we will really know for sure
Your defiant ignorance is really funny. You sound more panicky than interested in science
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2016 02:44 pm
@Starwonder,
There is a reward for some who reject creation: freedom from submission to a creator.
(Present company excepted, of course)

And, when you consider also how mainstream religions have portrayed the creator, how priests have fleeced rather than tended their flocks, and how they have supplied cannon fodder for political and economic ends, rejection is understandable.

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2016 03:30 pm
@neologist,
Good on ya, neo.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2016 05:41 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
If one had a plan....why create a universe, then wait billions of years.......then have ......apparently random processes
Because, Ed, that was the only way She could do it
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2016 05:55 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
why create a universe, then wait billions of years to start anything and then have the process follow apparently random processes, before finally producing a number of human-like creatures that got weeded until just sapiens was left - Left to figure it out for themselves
That was well put edgar, (except some only assume it was random).

But don't you see the beauty in leaving us to figure it out for ourselves?
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2016 06:58 pm
@Leadfoot,
I figured it out, and that's why I'm an atheist.
parados

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2016 07:13 pm
@Leadfoot,
Prove that there is only one possible order for a replicating molecule.

Until you do that, the number of possible orders which could create a replicating molecule is infinite.
Leadfoot

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2016 07:30 pm
@parados,
Quote:
the number of possible orders which could create a replicating molecule is infinite.
Then it should be easy to demonstrate just one occurring at random in the lab shouldn't it...
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2016 07:33 pm
@Leadfoot,
Quote:
RNA world - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RNA_world_hypothesis
The RNA world refers to the self-replicating ribonucleic acid (RNA) molecules hypothesised to have been the precursors to all current life on Earth.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2016 07:46 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
I figured it out, and that's why I'm an atheist
And isn't free will a wonderful thing...
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2016 07:57 pm
@Leadfoot,
Free will to a point. We have more free will in the US than does communist countries. We are also limited in travel depending on our wealth. That we have the freedom of religion is a good benefit for our citizens.
neologist

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2016 08:40 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:
If one had a plan for humans to exist, why create a universe, then wait billions of years . . . ?
Well, you kinda have to let the pie cool before you serve it.

'Course, I'd be mighty hungry long before even the first billion was over.

But then, that's just me.

Me and my burnt tongue.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2016 08:42 pm
@neologist,
Plus, why make it so big?
neologist

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2016 08:47 pm
@edgarblythe,
It is impossible to make a pie too big.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2016 08:48 pm
@Leadfoot,
Why do you think that? Have there been an infinite number of tries?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2016 08:53 pm
@Briancrc,
Good points; different cultures created different gods.
Briancrc

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2016 04:53 am
@cicerone imposter,
I think there have been many good, long-standing points made that challenge creation stories as well as other stories. The Noah's Arc story has been challenged several ways. One way has been to question why we don't see evidence of progressively decreasing changes in population density from the epicenter of the event? Why haven't we found any fossil evidence between where certain species are found today and Mt. Ararat? What was the journey path for non-flying, non-swimming species on far away land bodies and islands? The list of unanswered or inadequately answered challenges to these myths or the myths of other religions has certainly been enough for me to not favor them.
Farmer and others have long discussed the evidence and theories that explain the evidence relative to the mechanisms that support biological diversity. It's compelling for me. The refutations to the evidence for evolution have been whittled down. They seem like interesting puzzles to solve, but that natural explanations will likely be what's eventually found.