Breaking school property out of anger.

Reply Mon 1 Feb, 2016 11:38 am
So this is the deal. Recently our school's basketball team got in a bit of trouble for not attending an inter school match without letting the coach know. So today they called all of them in and gave them the whole run down of how they've embarrassed the school and how this is unacceptable and so on. So they put the team on sports suspension until after the next tournament . They can still come to school but can't play sport for a while.

Now after this one of the basketball players let out his anger by going in the next class and punching straight through a window. Obviously he cut up his hand pretty bad and made a big fuss about it.

So now there's a decent amount of people who say it's not so bad because everyone vents their anger out in a different way and understandably no one can say they know exactly how someone else feels and reacts to things. On the other hand there's probably an equal amount of people who say that it's completely out of line and it's not something that should be brushed over and there should be some kind of consequences for what he did.

My opinion is that it should be dealt with because if every one of the other players who were suspended were also just as mad but managed to cool off I don't think it would be fair to let him off. Plus he did damage school property and it's not normal to just break through a window in anger especially when it's not your own.

So what do you think?

Linkat

Reply Mon 1 Feb, 2016 11:44 am
@tristanquin,
Yes people express anger in different ways -- however, expressing your anger while damaging someone else's property crosses the line. If you do something so strongly to express your anger where you hurt someone else, yourself or property then your anger crosses the line.

He should be suspended for school for breaking the window and charged for the price of replacing. If he is not punished for this - no consequences - he will continue to be an idiot - he needs how to express his anger in normal ways.

I won't even mention how stupid he is to do something where he has cut up his hand.

The dude has issues.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 1 Feb, 2016 11:48 am
I agree with you. Counseling at the least is important. Me, I might find instruction in how to fix a window a valuable addition to his learning. I remember being surprised back in my twenties when I caught on that a lot of boy and certainly many women didn't know how to fix anything around the house. It's a basic life knowledge matter, useful even if you think you are smart and going to college. So, maybe a class in woodshop.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Mon 1 Feb, 2016 01:50 pm
Some people get angry when required to face consequences of their actions.

This guy is one of them.

Now, he's got double consequences.

May I ask your ages?

tristanquin

Reply Mon 1 Feb, 2016 11:05 pm
@PUNKEY,
17 - 18 Smile
jespah

Reply Tue 2 Feb, 2016 05:55 am
@tristanquin,
If this guy punches windows now, he may punch something else later. He needs counseling yesterday.
0 Replies

Airaux

Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2017 09:23 am
@PUNKEY,
It's also dangerous. When I was about 16, I punched through about 6 windows in a derelict farm. The blood was pouring out of me and I can still see faint scars.
0 Replies