Is he trying to make me feel bad for him?

Reply Wed 13 Jan, 2016 01:22 am
I dated a guy for almost here and he moved to a different state about 4 months ago and things were not going well, I felt like i was the one who wanted it so i decided to end it. So about a month ago I told him (via text) that we should just leave things as they are and move on bc I am looking a bf not a texting buddy or a friend and that he should stop contacting me. A few days later all he texted me back was "Its hard for me too, I am going through stuffs too" something like. so i didn't respond until two days later he texted me again asking if I am really not going to talk to him. So I told him that I made clear already that I dont need a texting buddy and I felt it was better to move on with our lives and stop all contact. So the next day I sent him a text telling the reason why and that I feel he treated me like I was not important to him, he treated like sh*t and it wasn't fair for me to chase after him and for whats its worth move on is the best. He never responded. But another mistake I made is that I had recorded something on New Years eve because that was the day we actually met and we spent that whole night today until the morning. So I had recorded the message without the attention of sending it to him. But I did about a week ago and I had given him closure and I was honest as to why I made my decision and it kind of helped me to get everything out of my chest all the things I wanted to tell him but couldn't. (90% of the time we were #Socalltogether were basically texting) So after the texts I have sent and the recorded message all I got back was someone in his family died the person he's living with passed away. I didn't know how to react to that all I said was sorry about his loss and my condolences. I do feel bad for him. But aside from that I am kind of loss. I was not going to bother him or anything but why would he tell me that? and Why he never seem to answer back to any of what I sent him? He always go around and just ignore everything I said altogether as if he didn't see what I sent. Any thoughts?

CoastalRat

Reply Wed 13 Jan, 2016 07:06 am
@Uniquepisces,
Good heavens woman, you broke up with him and then you keep contacting him? You seem to be the on who cannot let go. You ended things, so now leave him alone.

Quote:
Why he never seem to answer back to any of what I sent him? He always go around and just ignore everything I said altogether as if he didn't see what I sent.
BECAUSE you broke up with him!! Leave him alone.
0 Replies

TeddyTuesday

Reply Wed 13 Jan, 2016 09:24 am
@Uniquepisces,
to be honest it just sounds like he did it for attention. you know how some girls when they aren't getting attention from their boyfriend they get all the way to the point where they'll say dumb **** like "im gonna kill myself!" but they know damn well they wouldn't harm themselves? (some people actually do but that's after a ton of time not getting the attention they want) it sounds similar to that. he's just being a female he doesn't want to lose your attention. he doesn't understand that he needs to change into more of a boyfriend figure, or actually back the **** off. you clearly know what you want, but he just doesn't want to lose you because subconsciously he knows your a good girl that he shouldn't lose. I may be wrong but I don't think I am if you described the situation correctly.
glitterbag

Reply Wed 13 Jan, 2016 09:49 am
@TeddyTuesday,
What a bunch of bilge water.
TeddyTuesday

Reply Wed 13 Jan, 2016 10:03 am
@glitterbag,
haha I know right.. crazy but I was there once myself.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Wed 13 Jan, 2016 10:35 am
Quote:
why would he tell me that? and Why he never seem to answer back to any of what I sent him?

He would tell you that so that you understand that he's got a lot on his mind, that he must face other problems more important than your SMS non-relationship.
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Wed 13 Jan, 2016 10:44 am
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

A lesson on how to be concise yet hit the nail on the head, if ever I saw one.

chai2

Reply Wed 13 Jan, 2016 10:54 am
@Uniquepisces,
Uniquepisces wrote:

two days later he texted me again asking if I am really not going to talk to him.

What a missed opportunity on the OP's part.

0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Wed 13 Jan, 2016 12:26 pm
@Lordyaswas,
Lordyaswas wrote:

glitterbag wrote:

A lesson on how to be concise yet hit the nail on the head, if ever I saw one.

Sometimes this fluffy crap makes me cranky
0 Replies