Why is my female friend ignoring me/distancing herself from me?

marisy

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2016 04:46 am
I've known her for seven months now. We haven't met so we would communicate through facebook, text, snapchat... We get along very well, talking almost every day about everything and nothing. When I told her I liked her, it was a bit more difficult, but eventually we went back to normal.

But then suddenly we're not talking as much anymore. She stopped liking facebook and instagram posts of me. She stopped initiating conversations. When I start the conversation, it usually ends after two or three messages. She hasn't even replied to my two latest texts...

We're both studying now for upcoming exams, but I wonder if she's really that busy... But that doesn't explain why she would stop liking fb en instagram posts (I can see she still does it with other people).

She went through a very rough break-up a couple of months ago, maybe that's relevant. But she knows she can tell me anything, which she has done so in the past...

I have no idea what is going on or what I can do... I miss talking to her.
I would appreciate an answer other than "let her go", because I'm not planning on losing her.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,011 • Replies: 3

jespah

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2016 07:27 am
@marisy,
Maybe she's getting a vibe that you're interested in more than friendship with her. I know I'm getting one and I've never read you before.
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2016 07:53 am
Given the info in the OP, it seems most likely that she's not interested in anything more than friendship at this time. I suggest that you take care and wait it out, lest you end up as a stalker or some other sort of perp. If she's not interested, she's not interested. But she may later be, unless you spoil it now. There's no way to force the situation. You might wind up as a genuinely bad guy, if you're not careful.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2016 09:46 am
@marisy,
marisy wrote:
I would appreciate an answer other than "let her go", because I'm not planning on losing her.

She's not yours to lose.

Leave her alone.
0 Replies