The A2K "Road to the Super Bowl" Game -- 2016 Edition

Ragman

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2016 07:09 am
@InfraBlue,
frankly...those two games were the best football I've watched in years. The Packers-Cards game was the frosting on the cake. I couldn't look away and get up. I had to wear Pampers so I wouldn't be interrupted.

I can't wait for the next game ...Seahawks-Panthers. That one should be a game for the ages.
0 Replies

Miz Cowdoc

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2016 09:51 am
@Region Philbis,
Yep!!!! Game 7 Caroling
0 Replies

Miz Cowdoc

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2016 09:53 am
@swatherqueen,
Swatherqueen.... not the Seahawks
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2016 12:17 pm
Seattle meets the Carolina steamroller.
Ragman

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2016 04:03 pm
@edgarblythe,
They sure made short work of them..even though the Seahawks crawled back in
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2016 04:07 pm
It was like Pro Wrestling. One side is totally helpless half of the time, then the other team becomes totally helpless the other half.
Ragman

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2016 04:08 pm
@edgarblythe,
Such odd swings, huh? I think teams make adjustments at the half. plus all of that physical smacking around takes it's toll on the front line.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2016 04:19 pm
@Ragman,
Yeah, the Panthers used up their emotional steam before the half and the Seahawks became outraged and played an emotional second half.
Ragman

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2016 04:32 pm
@edgarblythe,
Panthers better not do that against Cards or they'll be on the outside looking in ....from a golf course or Disneyworld.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2016 04:50 pm
@Ragman,
Disney world ain't too bad..
Ragman

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2016 04:59 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I've been here in so. FL for about 6 yrs (1:45 drive away) but just not interested in seeing it again. I saw it 2x - the last time being 1990..with my then-wife. Eventually I'll go to Epcot again..that's what attracted me. Not to be too curmudgeonly, but I don't have any kids, grand-kid

On a more football-ish note, this Broncos-Steelers game is getting interesting.: Steelers still lead, 10-9 at the half.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2016 05:03 pm
I went to Disneyland in 1964. They were putting the last leaves on the Swiss Family Robinson tree house and Tomorrowland had been gutted to make way for new projects at the time.
Ragman

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2016 05:06 pm
@edgarblythe,
OMG Disneyland...I saw that in 1979. Sadly, Annette wasn't there.

Once I saw Disneyworld anout 10 yrs later, Disneyland seemed quaint.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2016 05:06 pm
@Ragman,
I'm from a Disney family (thirties, bit of the forties, aunt and uncle, he was treasurer) and I don't particularly like the company for a bunch of reasons; also don't hate it, it's just there.
The only park (largely designed by a landscape architect, Ruth something) I've been to is Disneyland in Anaheim. The best time I was there was when it was raining and there were practically no people wandering around, a little surreal.
Ragman

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2016 05:08 pm
@ossobuco,
Yeah, I seem to recall that someone in your family was connected somehow.

Uncle Walt was feverishly anti-union and leaned decidedly to the right. I'm fairly sure that he was quite an anti-semite. That took a lot of the glow off him and the parks for me.

{Edit: while it is alleged that he was anti-semite, fact-checking bears out his support and enthusiasm for anti-semite business partners.}

However, I digress...

Go Broncos!
ossobuco

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2016 05:11 pm
@Ragman,
Me too. I also have beefs from later on, but never mind, this a football thread.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2016 06:25 pm
@ossobuco,
I also recommend Disney World in Orlando. It's a well done amusement park, and people of all ages enjoy it. My wife and I did Disney World many decades ago, and I'm sure they have updated many things there. I wouldn't mind another visit.
0 Replies

CowDoc

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2016 06:57 pm
@George,
Hmmm....definitely liking this so far.
Ragman

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2016 07:35 pm
@CowDoc,
Well, that was a pretty good game. The better team, the Broncos, made it.

Awesome to see a Brady-Manning show-down one more time.

Denver and Pats. Oh boy! Tough place to play in Mile-High stadium
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2016 07:48 pm
I picked Denver, but I would have been proud, had the Steelers won.