need relationship advice

Reply Thu 24 Dec, 2015 10:16 pm
I met a guy 8 yrs ago and we started dating It has been very rocky because he never seemed to fully commit to me. Last year I became pregnant and he was overjoyed. He proposed to me on my last birthday and things were going great until I was 7 months pregnant and found out he fathered 3 kids with 3 different women behind my back (all within 2 yrs of each other). I decided to work things out with him for the sake of our daughter but he just kept disrespecting me. I went through his phone and saw messages to other women. He then started disappearing at night...I would call his phone and he would not answer until 11 the next morning. He would also only come by my house once a week and barely spent any time with our daughter. I decided enough was enough and ended it for good a few weeks ago. He since has not contacted me about his daughter, has not seen her, has not asked if she needs anything and has said he would not help with her.
I'm hurt because I did nothing to this man besides show him love and help him with whatever he needed. i put his car in my name because my insurance is cheap but since I ended it, I cut the insurance off. He called me names and said that he hates me. Am I wrong for cutting the insurance off? If he was there for our child and showed that he cared about our relationship I would have no problem with the car being in my name. Even though hes a terrible person, I honestly miss him. I just dont know how to get over him especially since I have a 6 month old that I'm raising alone.

jespah

Reply Fri 25 Dec, 2015 04:44 am
@msmonroe,
You need a lawyer.

This creep owes you child support, and probably to the other three women, too.

Get your claim in now because I guarantee you there's a line and your child will only get crumbs from him, but it's better than nothing. No matter what the deal is, your child needs shoes and formula and whatnot and he is responsible.

It is neither selfish nor sexist to make sure your child stays off welfare.
Ragman

Reply Fri 25 Dec, 2015 12:54 pm
@jespah,
listen to what Aunt Janet tells you here. Don't worry about either pleasing or pissing this guy off. He's a manipulator so don't be another of his victims. It's not just for your sake, but for the support and welfare of your child that needs to to be considered.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Fri 25 Dec, 2015 01:31 pm
@msmonroe,
Quote:
He proposed to me on my last birthday and things were going great until I was 7 months pregnant and found out he fathered 3 kids with 3 different women behind my back (all within 2 yrs of each other).

Furthermore, he has proven that he no honor so unless the court (and a court order) is behind it, his word means nothing.
0 Replies