Flowers: will she think you've lost your penis?

panzade

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 01:14 pm
Funny stuff guys...
0 Replies

fortune

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 01:20 pm
What then, people, is the worst gift to give with flowers?
0 Replies

PamO

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 01:35 pm
fortune, do you mean the worst gift to give with flowers to kill the moment? I'll say Nutter Butters. hee hee. I'm just kidding. Really though, if said stalker had not been stalking me, and had he been my current husband(a great looking, in shape, smart and caring guy) the Nutter Butters and flowers would have been fantastic!
0 Replies

fortune

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 01:38 pm
I'll take your word for that. (I don't know what Nutter Butters are!)

Yeah, I meant the worst mood killing gift, the kind that someone would actually give.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 01:45 pm
Well,
Hmmm...
This is embarassing

I gave a girl a HUGE wrapped present with some flowers....and in the box was another box and in that...so on... finally she opened the last box and there was my gift to her. A 45 record of The Name Game...my fave song at the time.

Shirley Shirley Bo Birley
Bo Nana..

Needless to say...finito.
0 Replies

cjhsa

fortune wrote:
What then, people, is the worst gift to give with flowers?

Bees.
0 Replies

dlowan

I was given a second hand (and dirty) khaki beret (that didn't fit) by a drunken and fervid admirer once.

It sure didn't work on me.
0 Replies

mchol

From a husband/boyfriend? A treadmill.
0 Replies

PamO

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 01:54 pm
that's funny, panzade. but thoughtful. fortune, nutter butters are peanut butter cookies sold in the grocery stores here in the u.s. i actually love 'em.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 01:59 pm
A friend of mine at work received a really good looking and clearly expensive bouquet of flowers one day from her husband. Same again on the same day the next week. This continued for the following few months. The rest of us at work were bemused. We had to clear off one of our work tables as a proper display setting... as the bouquets were large and dramatic. He took her out once every couple of weeks to their favorite small and romantic restaurant. At the office, we kept hearing about this special dinner dance they were scheduled to go to, and I remember that her gold lame' dress had a price tag of 2500 dollars; this was around 1990, when prices were lower.

You guessed it, he was a confused fellow. Shortly thereafter, he announced that he and the woman who showed their rottweiler in various dog shows were truly in love and he would like a divorce.

The old one-two punch...
0 Replies

fortune

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 02:35 pm
Thanks, PamO.

cjhsa, LOL!
0 Replies

PamO

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 03:08 pm
osso, that one went right over my head. do you mean he was intending to send the flowers to another gal? the rottweiler gal?
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 03:16 pm
Worst present with flowers?

A vacuum cleaner.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 03:17 pm
No. He was having an affair over the same months he was sending flowers to his wife (we all found out later.) Thus, sometimes flowers are a sign of troubled, er, conscience.
0 Replies

PamO

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 04:16 pm
ohhh! i get it. ewww, i guess that was quite a shock for co-worker...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2004 06:57 pm
Yes, quite. They're long divorced now.
0 Replies