Do I have the issue?(LDR)

Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2015 06:52 am
Long distance, My girlfriend and I have been dating for 6 months, things have been great. Little rocky like most relationships but we get through it. My girlfriend likes to go out and drink, I have no problems with that... But she will often get black out drunk. Being as its a LDR it sort of concerns me at the fact that when she calls me the next day, she doesn't remember anything, she doesn't even remember calling me when she returns home. I'm not worried about the kind of girl she is when she drinks.. But I've asked her numerous times to control her alcohol. She did good for about 2 weeks and then last night she did it again out of the blue. I just asked her why she got so drunk and she got upset and hung up. Am I being controlling? Should I just let her live with the consequences that could lay out for her choices? Or should there be some sort of median we can come too? I'm mostly concerned with her health, but then again I don't get drunk very often so I don't know from experience, what this is like. Any advice would be great... I'm open for anything. I'm just trying to figure out this new experience.

Ragman

Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2015 06:57 am
@ConfusedCanvas,
You've asked this same thing 2 weeks ago and were given a lot of appropriate responses.
http://able2know.org/topic/301176-1#post-6062941

Someone who repeatedly gets so drunk they pass out, has some emotional problems and has an alcohol abuse problems that might benefit from professional help.
ConfusedCanvas

Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2015 07:04 am
@Ragman,
Not the same problem. And on top of that, I'm posting for a friend whom I had let know about the great feedback I got previously which led to this post. But thank you for that second half.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2015 12:46 pm
@ConfusedCanvas,
When was the last time you (or your friend) saw this woman in person?
ConfusedCanvas

Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2015 04:19 pm
@ehBeth,
Third week of October, he flew her in for a few days.
ehBeth

Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2015 04:26 pm
@ConfusedCanvas,
Are they planning to be/live together in the future?

(I'm asking because if they're not <shrug> just leave her alone>
ConfusedCanvas

Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2015 05:02 pm
@ehBeth,
The way he talks about her, it seems pretty serious. They small talk about marriage and being "the one." With high hopes, if things continue, a proposal next year and they wouldn't live with each other until a few months after. They do a pretty good job seeing each other at least once a month since they've been dating.
Johnjohnjohn

Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2015 05:47 pm
@ConfusedCanvas,
God's a professional.

1 Peter 5:6-7
Quote:
6 Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:

7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

watch everyone jump on me
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2015 07:30 pm
@ConfusedCanvas,
ConfusedCanvas wrote:
They do a pretty good job seeing each other at least once a month since they've been dating.

so they're not really dating

how soon will they be able to live in the same community - and live together?

they've got a lot to learn about each other that doesn't come by way of a long distance relationship (voice of experience here saying that)
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2015 07:31 pm
@ConfusedCanvas,
ConfusedCanvas wrote:
a proposal next year and they wouldn't live with each other until a few months after.

if you are any kind of friend you will encourage him to delay any kind of step forward til they've been living in the same city for at least a year, and lived together for at least six months (longer is preferable for both factors)
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2015 07:35 pm
@ConfusedCanvas,
oh yeah

the drinking

like any friend he can encourage her not to drink to excess, and be supportive if she can manage drinking less but it's something she really needs to do for herself

0 Replies