Playing Politics with Terror Alerts

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2004 10:27 am
Quote:
To disagree with the war in Iraq does our country no good. It stems from you thinking that Bush was wrong.

Do me a favor and calm yourself down.

My beliefs about the war in Iraq being wrong do NOT stem from beliefs that Bush is wrong. I don't think any pre-emptive war by the U.S. is right, and I don't think this one was neccessary.

I don't want to see another conspiracy-list from you on how Iraq and terrorism are connected, because frankly I could care less about your half-proofs that you purport to be facts.

You want some facts? Here's some I think you'd have a hard time disagreeing with: No WMD found in Iraq. No Bin Laden found. Thousands dead. Infrastructure of Iraq in shambles. HUNDREDS of BILLIONS spent by the taxpayers.

I believe in the possibility that I might be wrong. I am open to debate on the subject. That's why I am here. Why are you here? Do you believe in the possibility that you might be wrong? That the U.S. might be wrong? If the answer to that is no, then you might as well leave and go find some conservative-only board where you can all talk about how much you hate ragheads and pat each other on the back for being true patriots.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2004 10:39 am
Walter Hinteler wrote:
So you stand on the insult that I'm one of the Jew haters here?

Are you?

If not, then get over it, if you are, then yes, I stand by what I said.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2004 10:46 am
Setanta wrote:
Ah yes, the stench of hypocricy . . . from McG, no less, the Christian Soldier, dedicating his life to the defense of Jews. What a disgusting performance.

And I am not even christian, go figure.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2004 10:54 am
Xena wrote:
Ignorance is bliss! We are in a worldwide war on terror and Iraq was just one rung on the ladder! You can not respect the innocent dead if you are willing to dismiss the past. To igore Saddam would have been irresponsible. To disagree with the war in Iraq does our country no good. It stems from you thinking that Bush was wrong. It was never so right. You do a disservice to our country by perpetuating the idea is was unjust. It aids the enemy to be going against our govt for doing something that it had to do. Terrorism is the foremost issue in our time. You can hate Bush, but to call the war in Iraq an unjust war is dead wrong.

Welcome to A2K, Mr. Hannity.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2004 11:02 am
Christian Soldier was a reference to your phoney self-righteous tone. I consider you a provocateur. I belive it is your object to sail as closely to a violation of the TOS as possible without actually crossing the line, in the hope of drawing a response which you can then report to the moderators. I recognize that you are intelligent; i have no respect for your intelligence, however, because of your consistent performance in insulting those against whom you have a partisan resentment, in the hope of creating an incident.

Mostly though, your performance is pathetic, as your response to Walter shows.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2004 11:21 am
Setanta wrote:
Christian Soldier was a reference to your phoney self-righteous tone. I consider you a provocateur. I belive it is your object to sail as closely to a violation of the TOS as possible without actually crossing the line, in the hope of drawing a response which you can then report to the moderators. I recognize that you are intelligent; i have no respect for your intelligence, however, because of your consistent performance in insulting those against whom you have a partisan resentment, in the hope of creating an incident.

Mostly though, your performance is pathetic, as your response to Walter shows.

yeah, yeah, keep decrying the blackness of my kettle while ignoring your own pot.

I have no desire for these borderline skirmishes as you state, or to bait anyone as you allude to. In my time here, I have reported 2 users for what I deemed a direct personal attack.

I also care very little of what your opinion of me is, but I do care about your opinions on global matters though as sometimes you make very interesting posts in between your exasperating insults and games of grab-ass.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2004 11:28 am
As i no longer believe in your sincerity, you can well imagine without my help how much of that last post i am willing to believe.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2004 04:42 pm
I see precious little evidence from Xena. Mostly hysterical sounding rhetoric.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2004 09:29 am
i thought buddhism was a peaceful religion? I'll state flat out that I find it hard to believe that McGentrix religion is Buddhism. I also agree with Setanta that McGentrix plays games and skirts the boundries of the rules here. However, a lot of us do.

I also realize that more than likely McGentrix care even less about my opinion than he does Setanta's.

just felt like saying what i thought.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2004 09:33 am
And while we're at it McG. Using your avatar as a political cartoon is not in the spirit of A2K. If you want to buffoon put a real head shot of yourelf up there...smirk
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2004 09:33 am
Being Buddhist does not require a continuous spewing of wisdom and truth, nor does it require me to not be opinionated or not share my opinions. Your preconceptions of Buddhism are a tad skewed apparently.
0 Replies

Xena

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2004 08:52 pm
I've seen alot of personal attacks, not one that has anything to prove they have an argument. We needed to disarm Saddam for many years. This has been proven over and over again. The fact that Bush had every right to follow through with our own US pollicy after 9-11 does not matter. Facts and emotions shouldn't be confused.

Iran is the backbone of all the fighting in Iraq right now. This is extremely important we understand Iraq released the leaders of the Mideast to fight it out amounst themselves. Containment and appeasment is not an option in the world we live today. No matter how some wish it could be different.
I wish it could be different.

If all you "peace" anti-war crowd think you have a monopoly on tears for our soldiers who have died, you are wrong. We feel just as bad as all of you. Do you think we don't cry for our dead soldiers? That is furthest from the truth. We just understand it is not Afghanistan, Iraq or Saudi Arabia, it's ALL of it. It's not just one fight in one place! We are fighting hard in the horn of Africa. Do any of you care how hard we are fighting? It's is not just about Iraq. It is just the best possible military position we could have taken in order to set ourselves up for the real fight. IRAN. Don't be surprised if you here how Iran is and has been one we really needed to get in positon for. We needed Iraq to combat one of the worst enemies of all IRAN. It was always about Iran and Iraq and Syria and the rest. We are making progress. It is the most anyone has done EVER. Whether you realize it or not. It is all about gaining ground. It's about facing them headon, not in the back rooms of the UN.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2004 09:42 pm
Saddam was disarmed in the first Gulf War, essentially. What he had after that was done away with long before Bush became president. Before and after 911 we had complete control over Iraq's airways. We could see his every move. If he had tried to do anything he could have been easily stopped without a war. The Bush policy is responsible for swelling the ranks of the anti American fighters over there. The more Muslims he kills the more they will resist us, just as the Vietnamese did.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2004 10:26 pm
Quote:
We are making progress.

Boy, if I had $10 every time I hear a republican say that in the last few years...I would at least have a sizeable nest egg. Just another way of saying that the check is in the mail. Or "help is on the way"
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 05:51 am
True dat, and 'help is on the way' was a repeated theme at the DNC convention.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 06:00 am
"We can see the light at the end of the tunnel." - some idiot polititian from the Vietnam War.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 06:14 am
all war is prima facie evidence that mankind has not climbed out of the snakepit of nationalism/tribalism, we should bash each other over our collective heads with totem poles and leave the planet well-enough alone to heal the scars we have given it. we have met the terrorists and the terrorists are us.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 06:21 am
Brand X wrote:
True dat, and 'help is on the way' was a repeated theme at the DNC convention.

Cheney and Bush used it 2000 when they were telling the vets that help was on the way in 2000 and then later cut vets. benfits.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 06:57 am
Vets have been crapped on forever where benefits are concerned, and I'm not defending any actions by the current Admin.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 11:49 am
Quote:
Vets have been crapped on forever where benefits are concerned, and I'm not defending any actions by the current Admin.

clap clap; for once don't have nothing else to add.
0 Replies