FAMILY?

Noddy24

Reply Sun 8 Aug, 2004 03:39 pm
Soz has it. Families!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2004 12:47 am
I still think grandma needs an engrossing hobby .... or possibly a wild fling! :wink: She seems to be living her life through her daughter & her son .... Something that doesn't appear to be enhancing domestic harmony! Evil or Very Mad

And I'm starting to feel really, really sorry for the mother. She's financially supporting both her mischievous mother & her spoilt son, for heaven's sake! ... neither of whom appear to be treating her with any respect or affection. This poor woman needs assertiveness training!
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2004 07:20 am
To be honest, after hearing all three sides, all three are guilty and all three are also not guilty. My aunt, the grandma, really thinks she's doing the right thing. You cannot convince her otherwise. One thing troubles me about all of them, tho. They aren't going to talk about what happened and try to get to the root of it. Instead, they're going to sweep it under the rug and resolve nothing. Honest communication is not a strong suit in that household. My aunt is the kind of person who will smile in your face, be as sweet as pie and then talk about you like a dog when you're not around. During his graduation party last May, I watched with amazement how my aunt had something ugly to say about every single guest when they left. I felt certain that when I left, she had ugly things to say about me as well. Why not?

My cousin is so focused on 'keeping the peace', she'll avoid all confrontations just for the illusion of peace, with no regard to what's bubbling under the surface. She's just looking to survive her mother, that's all.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2004 11:54 am
That sounds like astute observation to me, eoe. And your aunt probably developed her self reassuring criticism using personality in response to someone else years ago. So it goes..
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 07:30 pm
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 07:39 pm
I love happy endings--especially when Chapter 2 is coming up.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 07:43 pm
And you KNOW it's coming, don't cha?! Laughing
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 08:27 pm
eoe--

I can recognize a three volume saga at sixty paces.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 08:27 pm
Thanks for the update! Glad everything's fine... for now, anyway.

Did godson apologize? How was detente (sp?) reached?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 10:51 pm
Glad he's in place and that you are all coalesced on this. And good luck and happiness to him.

Plus a variety of learning...
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2004 06:49 am
No, he did not apologize to his mother. Not really. He's spoiled and pampered and has alot of growing up to do. Being around them this week, I've noticed how different his relationship is with his mother compared to my own. There's love, no doubt, but the things he says would have found me, if I'd dared to say such things to my mother, without lips! And his mother tolerates it as if it's been going on since day 1. But it seems to be the norm these days. It's like watching a tv show. Any tv show from Claire on Six Feet Under to John Ritters' sitcom with the two teenage girls. The way kids talk to their parents nowadays is outrageous. No respect in their voice, their manner, in the things they say, nothing.

And guess what? He may have cursed his daddy out two weeks ago but daddy got into town on Monday eve and Jr. has been up under him ever since. I'd noticed it myself yesterday, while on campus, when Cuz pointed it out to me, saying that all of that ugliness he spewed is his grandmother's influence and not how the kid really feels. And it must be true because I'm seeing it with my own eyes.

I'm not as concerned about this thing as before. Now that he's here, away from grandma, I think we're going to see alot of changes in his personality and maybe, hopefully, he'll learn to not only appreciate the sacrifices being made but to SHOW how much he appreciates them as well.
0 Replies