Regarding the Attacks in Paris:

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2015 04:19 pm
@layman,
Actually, the majority of the members of this forum are A-OK with the shite he posts. I'm sure this emboldens him, but it doesn't make him any less anti-American.
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2015 04:38 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Actually, the majority of the members of this forum are A-OK with the shite he posts. I'm sure this emboldens him, but it doesn't make him any less anti-American.

And he is the biggest of the pricks. I dont think we are defined by the company we keep and I do not think that we need to " correct" stuff that others say that is wrong but I do think that when a small minded dick with his anti american hobby horse gets no pushback on any of the gross stuff that he constantly spews the result is that A2K is degraded. Izzy has gotten a pass for years on his bad behavior rarely getting called on it, rarely suffering any ill effects. It is time for that to change.
Baldimo

Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2015 04:53 pm
@hawkeye10,
I'm sure it's because the admins on this forum agree with what he says, so they see no need to stop him. In fact there are a few people on here who demand that we correct others while they let those they agree with off without even a second consideration. It's the fox guarding the hen house.
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2015 05:11 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:
I'm sure it's because the admins on this forum agree with what he says, so they see no need to stop him.

I dont want the admins to stop him, I am all about free speech and the combat of ideas....I want us to stop him. I want to see more people objecting to his abuse and general mindless spewing of anti american crappola . You might recall that I did not want even JTT banned, though he too was annoying in his anti americanism. But JTT was about ideas, Izzy far too often is about abusing people who hold ideas that he does not like. I find it very interesting the JTT got suspended a few times, may be banned now, but nothing ever happens to Izzy, who in my opinion is a much more negative factor here than JTT was.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2015 07:04 pm
@FBM,
FBM wrote:
Rather than have you keep wrongly and hyperbolically speculating about my position regarding what should be done in response to ISIS, I do agree that a military response is called for, but also that the US restructure its presence in the region, particularly regarding Israel and Saudi Arabia. That is NOT saying that the US should withdraw "from the rest of the world" or even from that region. BUT, if we keep on doing what we've been doing, how can we reasonably expect different results? If the only answer we have is to kill off the current incarnation of Islamic extremism without addressing the underlying causes, then it's just going to spring up again in the next generation, if recent history tells us anything.

We are about to nearly double our military aid to Israel.

How should we change regarding Saudi Arabia?

I do agree that we should try to address underlying causes. We might need to split the Sunni and Kurdish parts of Iraq and Syria into separate states.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2015 07:21 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I don't like any of us with all the insults. Most of us do insult once in a while, oft snidely, fairly ok, but others with bluster, which calls for more bluster. Some kind of bluster gravy happens after that, and then gravy pools.
It becomes a way of life.
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2015 07:34 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

I don't like any of us with all the insults. Most of us do insult once in a while, oft snidely, fairly ok, but others with bluster, which calls for more bluster. Some kind of bluster gravy happens after that, and then gravy pools.
It becomes a way of life.

How come you never wrote a book? Love your work osso.
FBM

Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2015 07:45 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
How should we change regarding Saudi Arabia?

I'm far from well-versed in the intricacies of US-Saudi relations, but my crude understanding in a nutshell is that we've maintained close ties with the Saudi monarchs despite their oppressive reigns. Human rights abuses are about as common in Saudi Arabia as anywhere else in the region, which has earned them a lot of militant enemies. Their enemies become our enemies. As to exactly what we should do about it, I'm far from competent to say, but I think it's obvious that it would fall under the broad description of "something else."
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2015 09:18 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Izzy is like the ugly girl who is jealous of the good looking girl as he in secret wish he was a citizen of the US instead of a had been nation who main achievement of late is the Dr. Who TV show. Wink
glitterbag

Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2015 11:57 pm
@BillRM,
And then there's Bill, the guy that every mother prays her son would never become. How are things with your mother's care-giver? Or did you have to move back with your age-appropriate wife?
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 21 Nov, 2015 12:23 am
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

And then there's Bill, the guy that every mother prays her son would never become. How are things with your mother's care-giver? Or did you have to move back with your age-appropriate wife?

nasty
layman

Reply Sat 21 Nov, 2015 12:29 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
nasty

I'm sure this will sound "sexist" to some, Hawk, but that's method of attacking someone's ideas that many, perhaps most, women are likely to resort to.

What is kinda amazing to me is that so many men around this here joint adopt the same feminine approach to "argument."
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 21 Nov, 2015 02:41 am
@layman,
Quote:
I'm sure this will sound "sexist" to some, Hawk, but that's method of attacking someone's ideas that many, perhaps most, women are likely to resort to.

In an intimate partner argument how often to we find men trying to argue that they are right; and women working to crush men's egos, barely talking about the topic? Call noticing this sexist or what ever you (figuratively) want, labels do not change reality so I dont give a flying ****.

Quote:
What is kinda amazing to me is that so many men around this here joint adopt the same feminine approach to "argument."

you did not say it so I will.....they sound like they must be cucks in real life.

Ya, I noticed that too.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 21 Nov, 2015 03:32 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
The difference is, our nation as a whole was against it, we had the largest march in history and our leader betrayed us.

Prior to that America could always rely on Britain's support. You can blame that funny little monkey creature for that.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 21 Nov, 2015 03:43 am
@ossobuco,
Thanks Oss, I feel sorry for Americans like you who have to put up with such garbage on a daily basis. I can handle these spineless wonders.

You've got BillRM still sobbing about what the British did prior to the revolution. Well boo hoo, nobody suffered at the hands of the aristocracy as much as the British working classes. We didn't even get the vote until the late 19th Century but we don't whinge on about it.

What happened to the Home of the Brave? A terrorist attack the other side of the Ocean and they're all running around wetting their knickers, which quite notably the French aren't doing. And they're all terrified of a few asylum seeking refugees who have all been brutalised.

What a bunch of pathetic sad sacks. Will you note how Finn, BillRM, Layboy and Chicken Little is quite happy to attack all Britons but then call me anti American.

I don't have a go at Americans, just the pathetic, cowardly, lickspittle garbage that inhabits the danker regions of A2K
izzythepush

Reply Sat 21 Nov, 2015 03:49 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
You're still pissed off about being taken for a ride by one of our cabbies. Do you wear a cowboy hat when you visit London, just to make it easy for them to spot the dickhead?

People like this love idiots like you.

http://viz.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/wanker002.jpg
After what's been said about Obama by you and your caravan of inbred garbage you've got a real brass neck calling anyone else anti American you hypocritical ****.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 21 Nov, 2015 03:55 am
@glitterbag,
A man's character can be judged by his enemies, and I'm proud to have attracted the opprobrium of such a motley bunch of racists, bigots, cowards, nonces and general lowlife ****.

It makes me look ******* brilliant, and the fact that they're all impotently running around and sobbing because none of them have enough brains or large enough vocabulary to do anything about it is quite pleasing.
layman

Reply Sat 21 Nov, 2015 04:14 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
A terrorist attack the other side of the Ocean and they're all running around wetting their knickers, which quite notably the French aren't doing. And they're all terrified of a few asylum seeking refugees who have all been brutalised.

But all Limeys are looking to take in more, eh? Fraid not:

Quote:
[Now] 49 per cent of people believe Britain should be accepting 'fewer or no refugees', according to the YouGov survey. [Only] 20 per cent of people thought Britain should accept more refugees. The poll also found 79 per cent of people were concerned Isis would attempt a terror attack in the UK.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/refugee-crisis-poll-shows-support-has-slumped-for-syrians-in-britain-in-wake-of-paris-attacks-a6739281.html
izzythepush

Reply Sat 21 Nov, 2015 04:54 am
@layman,
The difference is, we're a tiny island and you're massive. We have a population density of 262 people per square kilometre, yours is only 32.8. You've got a lot of catching up to do. And there's plenty of room in America.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sovereign_states_and_dependent_territories_by_population_density

You really are a septic tank, even if the population density is low, there's no shortage of ****.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sat 21 Nov, 2015 06:58 am
when is some nation going to do something about Procol Harum