Am I not being patient?

emme987

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2015 06:29 pm
I started seeing this guy about a month and a half ago. We went out a bunch of times and talked constantly. However, the last 2 weeks have been close to complete radio silence. I texted him a week ago and bluntly told him that I want to see him. I figured that if he'd lost interest, he'd give me some excuse or not reply. But instead he offered to pick me up after work and drive me home, because that's all the time he had since he had an assignment due first thing the next morning. He told me about how stressed he was over school work which is expected since he's a chemical engineering student. Only thing is he mentioned that he was going away that weekend for a bachelor party. I expected that he would at least text me a bit that weekend, since he obviously wasn't studying, but in reality I haven't heard from him since he dropped me off. In fairness, i haven't contacted him either and he did tell me that he would be much more free in a couple weeks. I'm just worrying about it because I was so interested in him. Am I expecting too much from him so early in the game? Is he stringing me along? Am I overreacting? Thanks for your advice Smile

ossobuco

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2015 06:32 pm
@emme987,
Yes, you are not being patient.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2015 06:45 pm
@emme987,
emme987 wrote:
Am I overreacting?

yes

he is a student with friends who were there before you

when he has time for you and if he is interested he'll be in touch

__

keep on with your life in the meantime

don't put things on hold

go out, keep meeting people

__

nothing more tedious than someone who's hanging around hanging on to the idea of hearing from one person
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2015 06:54 pm
@emme987,
How does this relate to the situation 1 week ago here: http://able2know.org/topic/300372-1#post-6059912
ehBeth

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2015 06:59 pm
@Ragman,
She's still way more into him than he is into her. He's got more life going on.
Ragman

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2015 07:11 pm
@ehBeth,
I'm in agreement at least was far as what's been written on this post and the others. Very high level of anxiety. I'm sure glad that I'm not in my early 20s nowadays.
ehBeth

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2015 07:43 pm
@Ragman,
ha!

yeah I don't miss those years
ossobuco

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2015 08:34 pm
@ehBeth,
I enjoyed my early twenties - it was after that...
0 Replies