The tolerant atheist

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 15 Nov, 2015 07:52 am
@timur,
timur wrote:

You are a fundamentalist agnostic.

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/laughing/crying-with-laughter.gif

You are in the soup again...and being bloodied...and you keep flailing.

You are a dream!

Quote:
Fortunately, you are not in a position to harm people.

I never want to harm anyone. Is desperation on your part leading to crap like this?

Quote:

You have nothing constructive to tell and making blind guesses about my avatar will not change that fact.

Guesses about your avatar???

It looks like you haven't taken a dump in days.

That is no guess. It is just what it looks like.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 15 Nov, 2015 07:53 am
@fresco,
fresco wrote:

I'll take that as a 'no', on the grounds that you have nothing useful to say.

Take it whatever way you want to, Fresco. I don't take you seriously anyway.

I just do not know what you were talking about.

But that probably makes us even. You seem not to know what you are talking about either.
fresco

Reply Sun 15 Nov, 2015 08:04 am
@Frank Apisa,
You perseverance in trying wring nothing from the same vacuum all these years is your lasting legacy.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 15 Nov, 2015 08:27 am
@fresco,
fresco wrote:

You perseverance in trying wring nothing from the same vacuum all these years is your lasting legacy.

I impart more information in fewer words than you are able to impart with the many you use, Fresco. Mostly, you serve up word salads...stuff designed to impress people.

You don't.

I suspect most people here see through you like a pane of glass.
0 Replies

fresco

Reply Sun 15 Nov, 2015 08:48 am
@fresco,
There you go 'guessing' again. But better a pane than a pain!
timur

Reply Sun 15 Nov, 2015 08:58 am
Frank wrote:
Is desperation on your part leading to crap like this?

Mine is such a minor crap compared to yours.

You have no use to a mind..
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 15 Nov, 2015 09:07 am
@fresco,
fresco wrote:

There you go 'guessing' again. But better a pane than a pain!

Nothing wrong with guessing...just there is nothing wrong with you talking to yourself.

But you should be man enough to acknowledge when you are guessing...something you do not do.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 15 Nov, 2015 09:08 am
@timur,
timur wrote:

Frank wrote:
Is desperation on your part leading to crap like this?

Quote:
Mine is such a minor crap compared to yours.

You do have problems expressing yourself, don't you!

Quote:
You have no use to a mind..

Like I said!
timur

Reply Sun 15 Nov, 2015 09:18 am
@Frank Apisa,
You are losing on the argument side, so you focus on small stuff like my avatar and my poor use of the English language (which I learned at an adult age).

Nothing that bothers me..
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 15 Nov, 2015 09:33 am
@timur,
timur wrote:

You are losing on the argument side, so you focus on small stuff like my avatar and my poor use of the English language (which I learned at an adult age).

Nothing that bothers me..

One does not "lose" to you. One simply tolerates your losing tactics...and laughs at your failed attempts at logic...and handling the beating you are being given.

By now...you should realize you will never come out of one of these things looking better than when you went in.

But...some people are suckers for punishment...and you are one of them. So take what you are being given like a man rather than a cry baby.
0 Replies

timur

Reply Sun 15 Nov, 2015 02:27 pm
You really are a crazy dumbass.

Not only you are an arrogant sob but you think that people believe the crap you utter.

You have the IQ of a slug..
layman

Reply Sun 15 Nov, 2015 02:32 pm
@timur,
Quote:

Oh, boy! Just what I've been waiting for. A new chapter to come out in my favorite novel, "The Eternal Bitchfight!" Hold on while I get my readin specs, OK? I don't wanna miss nuthin.
timur

Reply Sun 15 Nov, 2015 02:35 pm
@layman,
Have fun..
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 15 Nov, 2015 05:09 pm
@timur,
timur wrote:

Not only you are an arrogant sob but you think that people believe the crap you utter.

You have the IQ of a slug..

Oh, no. My IQ is much higher than that of a slug.

And I can compose a coherent sentence. You ought to give that a try sometime.
0 Replies

Tuna

Reply Sun 15 Nov, 2015 07:25 pm
@Setanta,
Sorry, I wrote several paragraphs in response to your post and then lost it somehow. A lot of it was good stuff, I think. But when I considered writing it again, I thought, "Who gives a **** what I think?"

Anyway, thanks for the thoughtful reply. I appreciated it.
layman

Reply Sun 15 Nov, 2015 10:56 pm
@Tuna,
Quote:
I understood fresco to be claiming that intolerance of religion is justified by the fact that it is associated with social malignancy.

I can settle this!

If you want to know what good, and what bad, religion does, then just ask THE expert on the topic, Richard Dawkins, eh?:

Quote:
... I generally like the way [Dawkins] is able to tear his opponents into pieces in most interviews he’s been through...

Dawkins argues that religion....is the doctrine those people believe in which makes [suicide bombings] possible (and thus the doctrine had better be eradicated)....

When the reporter gives Dawkins examples of famous people (such as Martin Luther King and Gandhi) who did very good things (and religion played an important part in their motivation for doing so), Dawkins replies that he doesn’t care about their motivation, and that he doesn’t see any logical connection between religion and doing good things.

http://jakubmarian.com/a-little-criticism-of-richard-dawkins/

Well, there ya have it, then, eh?
fresco

Reply Mon 16 Nov, 2015 12:54 am
@layman,
No you have NOT settled it ! As usual you have not thought it through.

If you read it carefully, the criticism you cite is based on the premise that 'good things' are the social complement of 'bad things'. That is simplistic because it implies that 'murder' is the opposite of 'not killing'. The second is contextually predicated/depends on the first. It is not 'good' in its own right...it is merely the absence of 'bad'. That is why Dawkins has a case (irrespective of science). He reflects Harris's point that...

'With or without religion good people do good things, and bad people do bad things. But it takes religion to make good people do bad things'

Setanta

Reply Mon 16 Nov, 2015 01:18 am
@Tuna,
It appears that the thread has deteriorated into a slanging fest, so it's likely to be impossible to carry on a conversation. Have a good day, though, 'K?
fresco

Reply Mon 16 Nov, 2015 01:48 am
Laughing
0 Replies

layman

Reply Mon 16 Nov, 2015 01:56 am
@fresco,
Quote:
He reflects Harris's point that... 'With or without religion good people do good things, and bad people do bad things. But it takes religion to make good people do bad things'

I've never listened to Harris. Now that I've heard that utterly absurd claim, I certainly won't bother.

Then again, something that naïve, simplistic, and irrational is usually good for a chuckle, so.....
0 Replies