Setanta

Reply Tue 3 Nov, 2015 05:01 pm
In the early days of this site, i started threads with this title twice. I had to abandon both of them because people just didn't get it. I will ignore the idiots who can't make reasonable remarks this time, but i really have no hope for the thread.

I was sitting on the porch this evening, and a woman went by with her little dog. I do mean a little dog, i doubt that the dog weighed as much as ten pounds. A few minutes later, they came by on the opposite side of the street, heading in the opposite direction. Suddenly, the woman stopped, jerked the little dogs leash, until she was twirling in space, with all four feet off the ground. Then, to a chorus of "bad girl," and "no," she hit the dog. She didn't swat her butt, she hit her in the middle of the back, and hit her so hard, i could hear the blow from across the street. I felt like going over there and belting the woman in the mouth, and then standing over her saying: "bad girl, no!" Of course, i didn't.

The casual violence and cruelty of the world simply sickens me. Whether it's the Bosnia Serbs, or ISIS or this creep woman walking her little dog, who had been so happy earlier, and then was cringing away from the person upon whom she has to rely in this world--i am disgusted. I'm almost disgusted enough to be glad i won't live that much longer, and can soon leave the world behind.

jespah

Reply Tue 3 Nov, 2015 06:36 pm
My God.

I don't know what to say.

Some people are so horrible they shouldn't even have custody of a damned Tamagotchi.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Tue 3 Nov, 2015 07:08 pm
@Setanta,
It sickens me too Set.

This thread is perhaps too personal for me, but I know there are far too many animals and people cringing away from the person they are reliant on.
rosborne979

Reply Tue 3 Nov, 2015 07:40 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
The casual violence and cruelty of the world simply sickens me. Whether it's the Bosnia Serbs, or ISIS or this creep woman walking her little dog, who had been so happy earlier, and then was cringing away from the person upon whom she has to rely in this world--i am disgusted.
And yet the world is also full of kindness and beauty. Go figure.
Setanta

Reply Tue 3 Nov, 2015 07:47 pm
@rosborne979,
That's about the only thing that sustains me as i survey the cesspit which the world ordinarily seems to be.
rosborne979

Reply Tue 3 Nov, 2015 07:54 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
That's about the only thing that sustains me as i survey the cesspit which the world ordinarily seems to be.

It could have been worse, she could have ripped it apart and started eating it on the spot (maybe I've been watching too much Walking Dead).
Setanta

Reply Tue 3 Nov, 2015 08:11 pm
@rosborne979,
I don't think i want to discuss this with you any longer, Roswell. Nothing personal, but i take this very seriously.
glitterbag

Reply Tue 3 Nov, 2015 08:28 pm
@Setanta,
She could have corrected whatever the hell was so offensive with a gentle tug on the leash. And I mean gentle, not a snap that would spin a small dog in the air. Dogs want to please, that woman should not have a dog. Dogs are so much better than people. I'm sorry you had to see that, but even sorrier it happened.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 3 Nov, 2015 08:35 pm
@Setanta,
Well that's one person I'm going to keep an eye out for. Better let the other dog owners know about her so we can all try to make a point of watching for her - and try to protect the dog.

I have absolutely no patience for that type of behaviour.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 4 Nov, 2015 04:47 am
@chai2,
One thing that the Amih are known for is their almost universal heartless indifference re almost all animals. The way they treat their horses is something that draws comment from me whenever I see an Amishman beating the crap out of his buggy horse. Amish are very good parents to their mobs of kids and the kids (usually) arent cruel to their barn pets. However, something happens in their teen years that turns em into sadists.

Another thing that breaks my heart is seeing these shitty dog houses with a dog chained to it in a snow storm. The dog breed is usually NOT a malamute but some short haired cross that cant take cold, (but has to as a prisoner of a short chain and a leaky box)
rosborne979

Reply Wed 4 Nov, 2015 05:08 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

I don't think i want to discuss this with you any longer, Roswell. Nothing personal, but i take this very seriously.

My apologies, I didn't mean to offend. You titled the thread "Horror" but I clearly misunderstand what you intended.
Setanta

Reply Wed 4 Nov, 2015 05:11 am
@rosborne979,
That's OK, i don't want to beat up on you, i consider you a friend.
rosborne979

Reply Wed 4 Nov, 2015 05:22 am
@Setanta,
No worries Boss. I'm a dog lover too. I just thought the thread was for horror stories (like a Halloween thing or something). My bad.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 4 Nov, 2015 05:24 am
I experience a sense of horror about the abuse of animals and children in large part because they can't understand what is happening to them. They cannot rationalize it, and they have no means to seek help or safety. Added to that is the betrayal on the part of those who are supposed to care for them.
George

Reply Wed 4 Nov, 2015 07:44 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
. . . Added to that is the betrayal on the part of those who are supposed to
care for them.
That absolutely infuriates me.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 4 Nov, 2015 06:53 pm
@farmerman,
I've been following a local dog rescue that works exclusively on getting animals out of Amish and Mennonite puppy mills. The stories the director tells (and the photos) are absolutely horrendous.

Our current girldog was a puppy mill mama. We'll get another puppy mill survivor to round out the pack.
farmerman

Reply Wed 4 Nov, 2015 07:56 pm
@ehBeth,
weve had several Amish puppy mills get closed down and the Amishmen arrested and tried for cruelty.(They try hiring these 1st Amendment clown lawyers who prey of Amish and then fight these types of charges as if their religious beliefs countenance cruelty
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 4 Nov, 2015 08:15 pm
@farmerman,
oh no! for some reason i thought the amish would respect animals.
farmerman

Reply Thu 5 Nov, 2015 12:13 am
@dlowan,
they have a very Protestant view of the creatures around them.
Some Amish are much more humane while others take the phrase "dominion over..." quite literally.

It varies.

I dont lknow about the Ohio or Canadian AMish but the Pa State Police and Dept Ag keeps a close view on them especially how they treat their horses.

Sometimes though, our "PETA" people get overly involved in stuff that they should just keep the hell out , and the AMish are often the subjects of "busybody" interest. For those people, their interest sometimes backfires on them.

As far as the puppy mills, there are actually more "English" offenders than there are Amish. The Amish offenders usually have community records of being crappy neighbors because they collect junk and store it at their farms .
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Thu 5 Nov, 2015 01:08 am
@Setanta,
I understand the desire to hit a woman or man for that matter seeing something like that. I think that I would have walked over grabbed the dog out of her hand and ran for that dogs life, what ever happened to me after should she have found out who I was.

I am also so sick and tired of animals being "used" to make money and what happens to them behind the scenes.