Big Brother 5

kickycan

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2004 04:37 pm
LOL, I agree about Karen. I think she is going to be a good source of entertainment. Smile
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2004 04:58 am
Who is a goner on Thursday?
Who do you think will be evicted on Thursday, Marvin or Will?

If it's a tie--and I think it will be after Adria's challenge to allow her to do the dirty work by casting the deciding vote--then I think Will is a goner.

By making such a stink about Will's nomination, I think Will, Karen, and Nakomis exposed their alliance and made themselves a target. At this point, Will is a greater threat than Marvin.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2004 08:34 am
I really have no idea who is going. I also think the tie is a very big possibility, and if it is a tie, you are probably right, Will is gone. Either way, Adria made some real enemies this week. I hope Marvin stays and kicks her ass out next week.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2004 08:36 am
I don't know anyone who could take a couple of months out of their lives to go on a show like that. For the simple reasons they've all got responsibilities. Things like jobs. That show is custom made for LOSERS.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2004 09:21 am
Yeah, all except the one that wins $500,000. Smile
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2004 11:19 am
Well, they all lose, maybe, due to our society's obsession with fifteen seconds of fame. They will be marked with the blemish of 'having been' for the rest of their lives.

0 Replies

annifa

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2004 09:04 am
Somewhere in the abyss of my mind (in the great chasm where the brain should be) is the vague recollection of an old actress' retort when told she was a 'has-been': "It's better than being a 'never-has-been'"
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2004 05:25 pm
Okay, I missed it last night, but I checked the website and my girl Nakomis came through again, it seems. Putting one of those two twins out of the house is the smartest move she can make. I think she has a chance to win this damn thing! But I am rooting for Marvin. Three weeks in a row on the eviction block and he survives? Gotta love it.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 07:53 pm
BB5
The hypocrisy of the single-birth alliance constituting the terrible trio (Will, Karen, Nakomis) is amusing.

Will's exit interview was dripping with hatred for the twins for breaking the "pinky swear" alliance. However, Will, Karen, & Nakomis were plotting to get rid of the twins as soon as Jase was out of the house. How can Will complain (with a straight face) that he was "backstabbed" by the twins when he was planning to backstab them? He's just angry because they just got to him first--before he could put his plan into action. LOL

Oh well. Nakomis can sweep the plan to backstab the twins under the carpet and take a morally superior attitude: I can't believe the twins broke the pinky swear alliance (before we broke it). Will's eviction simply gives Nakomis an "excuse" to do what she planned to do all along: Nominate the twins for eviction.

Another irony is Diane's part in the eviction of Will. Diane was the first one to talk to Adria after Adria won HoH. Diane made sure that Adria knew that the terrible trio (Will, Karen, and Nakomis) were NOT HAPPY when Adria won HoH. Diane manipulated Adria into nominating Will. Then, Diane spied on the terrible three and reported back to Adria.

Diane also manipulated the tie vote so that Adria would take the heat for casting the tie-breaking vote and evicting Will. Now it seems that Diane completely forgot about her "multiple birth" alliance and her entire, pivotal role in the eviction of Will.

I think Diane is switching sides (playing a Jun) now that Nakomis is HoH. I expect Diane to go all the way -- but her chances of winning the half million are much greater if she is against one of the twins at the end.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 01:09 pm
Natalie is Gone
Remaining houseguests:

Marvin (current HoH), Nakomis & Karen, Diane & Drew, Adria & Michael.

Who will Marvin nominate for eviction?

Nakomis, Karen, and Diane (with Drew tagging along, but unlikely to make it to the final 3) -- will have all the power if Marvin choses to evict either Adria or Michael. If that happens, then Marvin will move up to the top of the "hit list."

If Marvin is smart, he ought to align himself with Adria & Michael. He ought to nominate Nakomis & Diane.

We'll see . . .
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 01:44 pm
I want Marvin to win this game. I like his style. I think his chances are real slim, because he's the one who is always a safe choice for eviction, because he has no strong alliances. Hopefully, he'll be smart enough to use his HOH power to get some hardcore guarantees from people this week. That's what I'd do. Of course, this far into the game, even hardcore guarantees aren't unbreakable.

Come on, Marvin! I think Diane is looking like a favorite to take it all though, at least right now. It's almost impossible to tell who might win, but it's fun to try.

Who do you like?
0 Replies

annifa

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 01:55 pm
Ugh! Has it not finished yet? Just how long is this infernal programme going to drag on for??

Marvin.. heh, reminds me of the depressed robot in hitchhikers guide.. well the name does, as i have nooo idea what this Marvin chappie is like as i have not had the misfortune of watching BigBro5 usa hah. ;-)
0 Replies

Murgie

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 02:56 pm
annifa wrote:
Ugh! Has it not finished yet? Just how long is this infernal programme going to drag on for??

Marvin.. heh, reminds me of the depressed robot in hitchhikers guide.. well the name does, as i have nooo idea what this Marvin chappie is like as i have not had the misfortune of watching BigBro5 usa hah. ;-)
i do believe that miss annifa is being dishonest in her quoting 'i have not had the misfortune of watching BigBro5'. for i know that indeed she has glimpsed the show several times!!
*tisk tisk*
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 10:38 pm
tough question
kickycan wrote:
Who do you like?

I don't like any of them.

I thought Diane was okay until she turned on the twins because "they" evicted Will. Diane was the one who told Adria to put Will on the Block in the first place! LOL I guess Diane forgot about her part in the entire ordeal.

Drew is a puppy-dog without a mind of his own. The only time he appeared to exercise any independent thought was when he nominated Holly for eviction. But, that was unwise and the downfall of his alliance.

Nakomis is too high and mighty. Breaking up the twins was wise strategically. But, she didn't do it because it was good to break up a solid alliance--she did it because "they" broke the pinky swear alliance. ROFL When Adria vetoed herself, Nakomis put Cowboy on the block when she previously promised Cowboy that she would never do that. Hmmm. I guess breaking promises is okay so long as the promise wasn't sealed with a picky swear.

Karen is nutz.

Cowboy is a wimp. He's nice enough, but definitely a quart low.

Adria is too emotional. Even though Adria and Natalie beat the "treat us like individuals" drum all the time, they never acted like individuals. They were two people playing as one. Adria made the right decision to evict Will from a strategic angle, but she went about it in the wrong way and put a huge target on her back.

Marvin is a sexual pervert with a foul mouth. He gives me the creeps. I don't understand his popularity at all.

Marvin has a good chance in going to the final two IF he THINKS. He knows Nakomis, Karen, Diane, and Drew are in an alliance together. He knows--if Diane is evicted--he can pull Drew over to his side--and with Adria and Michael, he could end up holding the power in the house.

If Marvin is SMART, he will nominate the two strongest players in the house: Nakomis and Diane and get rid of one of them. If he doesn't do that, he's toast for sure.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 28 Aug, 2004 09:07 am
Go Marvin! He needs an alliance--now! I'm stunned that he's managed to survive this long without one.

Nakomis disappointed me big time when she nominated Michael. Not because he's her brother, but because she said she wouldn't time and time again.

What might be more interesting than the Big Brother house is the jury house. What a wonderful time Will and Natalie will have together.

Yes, Michael is an idiot. Drew is a wimp. Karen is nuts. Where do they find these people?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 28 Aug, 2004 11:57 am
I agree about Nakomis. I think that whole pinky swear story is bullshit. She just wanted to break up the alliance. I don't know why she thought it would be better to use that flimsy bullshit story instead of being honest. Bad strategy, I think.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Sat 28 Aug, 2004 04:25 pm
Stupid Marvin
I remember when Marvin was on the block for the third time along side Will.

Marvin complained. Why am I the one on the block? I don't have any alliances. I'm not a threat to anyone. It makes more sense to break up the powerful couples, e.g., Drew and Diane.

Now that he's HoH, you would think that he would want to break up the powerful alliances and create a power-house of his own rather than go after the weaklings. I was hoping he would show some strategical brilliance that would make him worthy of winning the game.

Since BB5 isn't being aired tonight, I decided to check out the spoiler recaps to find out who Marvin nominated:

SPOILER

Marvin, Marvin, Marvin . . . get your sexually perverted, butt-kissing face outta Diane's pants and start using your brain! [Oops. Too late! You blew your chance of making it to the final two.]
0 Replies

annifa

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2004 02:44 pm
Big Brother USA Murgie!! Goodness Gracious some people just can't read can they?
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 08:08 am
Oh, I thought it was smart for Marvin to innocently kiss Diane just to get blabbermouth Cowboy to tell Drew. This is why Diane couldn't even remember the kiss. Because it was one of those "Hi/bye/you're a good friend" ones.

Seriously. Marvin&Diane? Cowboy is an idiot for believing even for a second that there was interest. However if Drew ever played the "I'm breaking up with you and this is my easy way out" games with me, then I'd never forgive him, esp. since he saw Diane crying. Either way, they made up.

I like Diane, but only because I tend to like the person who causes the most trouble. I loved all the "bad guys" in the other Big Brothers who ended up winning. They make the show exciting.

They need to get rid of some of the silent players (cowboy, karen) or they'll be stuck in the end, since they could probably win the popularity vote when it came down to 2 players.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 03:41 pm
Marvin's downfall
Marvin is in BIG TROUBLE.

Instead of thinking AHEAD--beyond the week following his reign as HOH--and establishing a powerful alliance with Michael and Adria, Marvin elected to put the two weakest people on the block: Michael and Adria.

So, he chose to break up an alliance of two (Michael and Adria), rather than break up the strong alliance of four (Nakomis & Karen and Drew & Diane.) If Marvin was smart, he would have formed an alliance with Michael and Adria and put up the two strongest players (Nakomis & Diane) for eviction.

Marvin, the dummy, relied on Diane's "influence" in the house and her promise that he was "safe" the next week.

Diane told Drew that he needed to thank her for keeping his safe from Marvin. Karen and Nakomis were upset with Diane for making a promise extending "protection" to Marvin for all of them. (But, was it a pinky swear promise? IF not, it holds no weight. ROFL)

NOW, Drew is HoH. Will Marvin's strategic failure as HoH and Marvin's messing with Drew's mind and KISSING Diane come back to haunt him?

I think so . . . Again, I think Marvin is TOAST this week. He can't blame his eviction on anyone other than himself and his poor strategic choices.
0 Replies