Big Brother 5

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2004 10:01 am
Am I the only one who is totally f*cking addicted to this show? Are you watching it? Don't you hate Scott and Jase? Which girl is the hottest? Is anybody out there watching? Who do you think is going to win? Who are you pulling for?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 8,858 • Replies: 105
No top replies

the reincarnation of suzy

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2004 09:46 pm
Yes, you're the only one.
What's wrong with you? Wink
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2004 08:31 pm
Kicky
I specifically came to the TV Forum to find a discussion on BB5.

Yes! I am an addict. I missed the first season, but my man and I have addictively watched BB2, BB3, BB4, and now BB5.

Three of the Four Horse's A$$es (ROFL) certainly weren't thinking clearly when they voted to evict Holly. She was a vote for their side! But, I was happy to see her go--specifically for that reason. Otherwise, she was a hoot to watch.

I enjoyed Holly's exit interview. I don't know how many times she mentioned that her eviction was because the other girls in the house were "jealous" of her. ROFL She irritated the other girls--but they wanted her out because she supported the horseguys. It was to the girls' and Will's benefit to keep Adria.

She was evicted almost unanimously because the other guys in the house were jealous that Jase was spending way too much time with her! Since none of them could snuggle up to Holly, they wanted Jase's mind back in the game! ROFL So, who was really jealous? the girls or the boys?

I absolutely love to hate Jase and Scott. They are totally obnoxious and self-centered.

I was glad that Scott was evicted. The girls and Will needed to break-up the obnoxious pair. Jase and Scott placed big targets on their own back--and they should have realized that it was impossible for their alliance to win every HOH competition and eventually they would be the two on the block. Nevertheless, they naively believed that they ruled the house and controlled the game.

Jase's speech when he saved himself with the Golden Veto was incredible. I don't think he will survive for much longer--especially now that Scott is gone and Jennifer/Nakomis is HOH! YES!

Who do you think Jennifer will put on the block? I hope she nominates both Jase and Michael (Cowboy) for eviction.

Michael has simply been a puppet led around on strings by Jase and Scott. The obnoxious duo tried to get Michael (cowboy) to manipulate his own sister--and he did what he was told. Nakomis saw right through him--and I'm impressed that she is a woman with a mind of her own.

Since Michael sat back and allowed Jase and Scott to call all the shots--including putting his sister on the block two times--I think Nakomis is entitled to some payback! Go Girl!
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2004 10:54 pm
I changed my mind
I changed my mind concerning Jennifer's nominations.

With Natalie in the house now, the girl alliance has 6 houseguests (including Will) and the boy alliance is down to 4 houseguests.

If Natalie nominates Jase and Michael, they will in turn select Drew and Marvin to participate in the Veto Competition. That leaves only Jennifer and the person she chooses to compete.

That means that the boys would very likely control POV again this week.

If Jennifer will nominate two of her own alliance members--then the girl alliance can control the entire POV competition. Whoever wins POV can then veto one of the nominations and Jennifer can nominate Jase.

If that happens, the vote will be 4 to 3 to evict JASE!

Of course, the entire girl alliance (including Will) must follow through on the plan to the letter.

We'll see....
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2004 11:51 am
Yay, another nut like me, finally! Yeah, I agree with what you said about pretty much everything. Especially hating Scott and Jase. Especially Jase. What an a-hole. Before Scott left he was completely annoying and aggravating, because he had the whole house fooled into thinking he was controlling everything.

When Scott left, I swear I thought I was watching two fifteen-year-old high school jocks saying goodbye. Jase is a ridiculous fool, and now that he has virtually no power, it will be interesting to see if he keeps doing his in-your-face cocky megalomaniac routine.

When he walked into his room after the eviction and put on the shades and started working out, it made me think that he knows he screwed himself, and now he's just playing to the camera to try to get some kind of TV deal after this show is over. Hopefully though, he will fade into obnoxious moron oblivion.

I thought of your second idea with Jenifer's eviction picks too, but I don't believe that at this point they can trust everyone to fall in line with that. Once someone is up on the block, that seems to have a way of really changing the way people think. I wouldn't trust that plan to work.

I think the best thing is to put Jase and Michael up. I think Jase is nothing to fear anymore. I think if Jase and Michael are up, the only one who would take Jase off is Jase. Anyone else would not want to risk getting on the bad side of that women's alliance now.

I have a feeling Jenifer is going to have a hard time putting her brother up though. I don't know why. Just a feeling.

I think Jase is gone this week.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2004 11:55 am
And that twist with the twins? That was soooo great!

When they were explaining it, and Michael kept saying, "It's Holly. It's Holly. It's Holly.", like some slow-witted child, didn't you just want to shake the **** out of him and tell him "Shut up! You're making yourself look even dumber than we already know you are!"? Laughing
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2004 12:27 pm
LOL
Yes! LOL

Cowboy is a mindless butt-kisser and easily manipulated due to his lack of independent brain power. When he tries to exercise some independent thought, he doesn't display much intelligence! Poor Guy. He's probably very lucky to have a good woman who will hopefully guide him through life. LOL

But, one cannot diss Cowboy for too long without roaring in laughter over his alliance members. "Cocky megalomaniac routine," indeed! ROFL Those bullies probably never heard the maxim, "The bigger you are, the harder you fall." Their terrorizing male-dominated dictatorship of the house was doomed. (Power is fleeting!) They didn't realize that BB5 was a semi-democracy and that the women (and Will) each had a vote. Funny how they overlooked that amazing fact. ROFL
0 Replies

brimstone

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 03:13 pm
Is this US or UK???
0 Replies

annifa

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 03:33 pm
US i think.... unless theres a a load of ppl we just havnt noticed yet..

ahh BB5 UK is over... what on earth are they going to show on Ch4?

and what are ppl going to pretend they dont watch now...?

;-)
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Sun 8 Aug, 2004 12:45 am
Jase
Jennifer instituted the "control the POV competition" scheme and Jase has no clue. Jase was all pumped up after the nomination ceremony. He thinks that he dodged the bullet. HA!
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2004 07:47 am
I was gone all weekend and just watched it last night. I had my doubts, but the way they are playing it, it sure looks like it could work. I sure hope so. I think I underestimated how much they hate Jase. I can't wait to see that idiot's face when he figures it out.

Then again, they always edit it to look like it's going in a certain direction, so who knows what will happen.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2004 10:10 am
Well, it sure looks like that moron is going, doesn't it? Good.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2004 01:17 pm
Revenge!
Revenge is sweet! The houseguests are savoring the fall of the Bully regime. It will be so much fun to see Jase get evicted on Thursday.

Marvin (the profanity-meister) must win HoH on Thursday or he might be out the door next followed by Michael (Cowboy). That, however, is speculative now because with the major alliance broken, the other houseguests are plotting. Marvin and Michael are the wild cards right now. The secret alliance of Will & Karen want Marvin to win HoH on Thursday for the purpose of breaking up the twin team of Adria & Natalie.

A lot can happen in the next two weeks.

The houseguests in the "girl alliance" are split into factions:

Twin Power:
With the sub-alliance of Drew (twin) & Diane (twin)
And the other sub-alliance of Adria & Natalie (twins)

Singletons:
With the sub-alliance of Will & Karen
And Nakomis (all by her lonesome--or maybe not?)

I think Nakomis might be in trouble unless a sub-alliance is broken up and she can pull a helper over to her side.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 04:56 pm
Jase is gone!
Jase is gone! It was so nice of BB5 to have Holly there to rekindle the romance after his eviction. LOL

It was hilarious the way BB5 portrayed Jase: The volunteer firefighter from Illinois. He lives in Los Angeles. How many fires does he volunteer to fight in Illinois when he lives in LA?

Adria is now HoH. Who will she nominate for eviction?
0 Replies

Jen74

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 06:51 pm
LMAO! I almost died last night when Holly walked in! Jase clearly had no desire to see her....it was sooo funny!
I wouldn't be surprised if she put Cowboy and Marvin up. She should put up Drew, but I think that would cause issues with Diane....
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 08:01 pm
That really was hilarious. When Julie asked Jase if he thought he and Holly could turn into something real, and Holly just jumped in and answered for him that "we have a lot of things to talk about" I almost felt sorry for him. What a jerk, now he's gone, good.

I wonder who's going next? It's like a whole new game is starting. How will they divide up now? Is it the twins against the rest of them now? Could be interesting.
0 Replies

Jen74

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 11:07 pm
they're going to have to ditch all the guys, sans Will.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2004 03:19 pm
Adria HOH
I think it was smart of Adria to nominate Marvin and Will. Adria knew the other "multiple birth" houseguests were aligned with her--but she couldn't be sure of Will, Karen, and Nakomis. Observing their reaction to the nomination will be an eye-opener.

Marvin isn't a threat (he has no allies)--not unless he gets HOH--but even then, anyone on the block has an opportunity to be saved with GPoV and Adria and Natalie have the votes on their side. (so far anyway)

Michael is aligning himself with Adria and Natalie (I think Michael pledged his loyalty on Saturday's show and Michael stays true to his word).

If Adria is smart, she will direct the members in her alliance to vote out Will.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2004 03:26 pm
All I know is I have to find new people to hate now. I'm leaning towards Adria and her sister. They have too much power right now.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2004 04:21 pm
Marvin & Karen
I "hate" Marvin due to his filthy mouth. (He eats with that thing?)

I think Karen is an interesting character to keep an eye on because she talks to herself and is otherwise a prime candidate for the looney bin. I expect that we will see a lot of craziness from her; and as soon as she lands on the nomination block, I think the men in white coats will have to take away.
0 Replies