Which is better: Bickford's or Denny's?

CountZero

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2003 03:28 pm
I like BLTS - though I can usually do without the lettuce.

I think a BCT - bacon CHEESE tomato - would be a much better sanwich.

Bacon wrapped in bacon is the meal of kings - so much so that I'm told Louis IV would eat little else.

Mmmm..... bacon.

The Sexy has spoken. Do not disturb the Sexy.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2003 03:32 pm
What's a Bickfords? Denny's usually sucks! IHOPs
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2003 04:02 pm
Waffle House...we dont have any of those up here but, they're right up there with Shoneys

Spent many an early morn in Bickfords, gotta give them props just for beign there,ya know?
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2003 04:29 pm
When I used to travel in the South, we'd hit not only Denny's (sometimes Bickford's) but also Cracker Barrel (probably the best of the bunch). We also used to go someplace that was $3.99 for all-you-can-eat breakfast (the name escapes me at the moment), sometimes with a special of $1.99 for all-you-can-eat. Good stuff when you have a daily food budget of $25 and no way to cook.

Ah, grits, gravy and greasy eggs.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2003 04:53 pm
No distinctive chains out here. There used to be Sambo's when I lived in Oregon in the '70s. Hard to believe, now that I think of it...
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2003 06:16 pm
I am completely lost for words - damn good thing I'm communicating via a keyboard. I just checked out both Denny's AND Bickford's homepages, it is truely the most god-awful sight.

In other countries some of that food would come with a government health warning - TWO strips of bacon, TWO hash browns, TWO sausage links AND schloop some melted cheese on top! You guys are lucky that North Korea keeps the Internet away from its citizens, if they see these sites they'll chuck in Stalinism and make a beeline for the the closest store via the Aleutians!
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2003 06:56 pm
I had my first BLT in 5 years today. I hadn't missed it.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2003 08:29 pm
IHOP...
Of the two, Denny's fer sure.
Have any of you all been to Carrow's?
0 Replies

babsatamelia

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2003 11:53 pm
I never heard of Bickford's either, and my opinion
about Denny's is too foul to really be going into
here on A2K. No doubt, from the sound of it,they
both suck, big time.
One of the things I like best about traveling, or
just going out to eat, is to get a meal that is
better than what I can do myself at home. So,
that has to be pretty good.
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2003 04:03 am
I remembered the book/movie "White Palace" featuring Susan Sarandon and James Spader. This had a burger chain in it, as I have discovered, called 'White Castle'. Forget anything I said about the other chains, this one sells a sort of square mini-burger, BY THE BAG (and that's like 30!). They also attack the very concept of 'food', by looking nothing like food (and I even include those flattened squids in a plastic packet you can buy in Japan).

For a while now, I have been somewhat worried by the fact that many of my calories are consumed as alcholic beverages. Well, not any more - nice clear bottle, sterile contents, nothing to clog the arteries, seems like the food of the future. Gawd, is there anything else even MORE disgusting to be found on the East Coast!!!
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2003 04:11 am
got denny's never heard of bickford's. so i'll go with denny's.
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2003 04:26 am
anybody been to oahu? zippy's is the hawaiian equivalent of denny's. great "fast" food stuff. now i'm hungry....... Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2003 08:27 am
Mr Stillwater wrote:
This had a burger chain in it, as I have discovered, called 'White Castle'. Forget anything I said about the other chains, this one sells a sort of square mini-burger, BY THE BAG (and that's like 30!).

LMAO You have to buy White Castle burgers by the bag! They are TINY! It's like buying chicken nuggets. One or two bites and a White Castle burger is gonzo!

You asked if there is anything worse. OH YEAH! You should visit some of the roadside diners and truckstops. You can hear arteries hardening as you drive by some of these places. Very Happy
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2003 08:36 am
i had a father-in-law that actually believed that one should always eat at truck stops (they must be good cause all the truckers eat there) what he could not understand was that truck stops specialize in quantity not quality.
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2003 11:31 pm
When I lived in Waltham we had a Bickfords a few blocks away and the only thing it was good for were after very late nights of drinking. I knew some of the people who worked there which is why I stayed away and the food didn't help either, lol!
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Fri 17 Jan, 2003 12:00 am
Fishin man when ever I feel the need for heart burn I run straight to the White Castle. Oh wait they do not have them here in Texas but I used to do that when I lived in Ohio.
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2003 11:36 pm
Apart from "Sizzlers" I can't think of any 'typical' Australian fast-food chains. However, we do have a famous landmark "Harry's Cafe-de-Wheels", serving pies up from the same spot for over 30 years (you'd think the health authorities would have wised up by now).

For your delectation a sample of the traditional and healthy cuisine of Australia:

http://www.harryscafedewheels.com.au/images/products/peas.jpg
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 20 Jan, 2003 12:49 am
Mr Stillwater - yecht! What IS that????
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Mon 20 Jan, 2003 02:29 am
I'm will Littlek
What is that thing? Ewwwwww!!!!!!
0 Replies

pueo