Which is better: Bickford's or Denny's?

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2003 01:26 pm
I was driving down the street, and passed America's favorite gourmet restaurant,
Bickford's.

We all love Bickford's. The universal place of dining pleasure. Perfect for that romantic
first date, or even when you're sh!tcanned at 3am and need some quality eats.

Anyway, on the sign of Bickfod's was "Special...Lobster Omlette."

Ok, now to reality: Are you frickin' kidding me? Who the hell, not on crack of course, is
going to order a lobster omlette from Bickford's? This is 25 times worse than that stunt
McDonald's tried with their lobster roll. This is disgusting, lobster-esque meat mixed
with their more disgusting eggs.

Hope my girlfriend is in the mood for a lobster omlette tonight. I need an easy way out.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 7,764 • Replies: 87
No top replies

roger

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2003 01:33 pm
I have neither eaten at, nor heard of, Bickfords, Slappy. This puts it head and shoulders above Denny's.
0 Replies

Sugar

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2003 01:35 pm
You're right. That's pretty frickin' gross.

I'm still voting for Bickford's though. Where else can I get a Big Apple after staying at the pub 3 hours too long?

Not to mention, I live close to a 24/365 Bickfords. I couldn't tell you where the closest Denny's is.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2003 01:36 pm
When I say quality, I mean "quality."

http://www.bickfords.com/index2.asp
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2003 01:37 pm
waz a bickfords?
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2003 02:09 pm
Never ever heard of Bickford's? Where is it? How many are there is it a chain?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2003 02:10 pm
I remember Bickford's when I lived in NY. We have Denny's down here. As for their gourmet ratings, I think that it is a close tie! Laughing
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2003 02:12 pm
"Bickfords" = A smallish dining establishment typiclly located in a building formerly occupied by a "Howard Johnson's" which serves breakfast 24/7 and who's busiest times are "Senior Citzens All You can Eat for $4.99 Buffet" hour (3pm-4pm) and The "Whoa, Lookie Here! The Bars All Just Closed!" hour (2am-3am). lol
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2003 02:14 pm
we used to have WhiteSpot out here in the west and during the 60's they had someone at the door to measure your hair (men only) and if your hair was past the acceptable length you were not allowed in.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2003 02:18 pm
In Tejas the place to go for gourmet food is:

WHATABURGER
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2003 02:19 pm
I didn't realize not every state was graced with the delicious meals of Bickford's.

Bickford's is the equivalent of Denny's or IHOP.

Total crap. Ever time I've eaten there I left angry. Just makes you want to kick a midget around.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2003 02:22 pm
slappy you really need to get a life, midget licking is soooooo passe!
0 Replies

Sugar

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2003 02:24 pm
Oh yes - I've been to Whataburger in Houston. I was at a wedding and we needed snacks between the church and the reception.

Our car was at the drive-thru first so we told the girl to put jalepenos on the burgers of the car behind us (another carload of friends) convincing her it was a harmless joke and telling her she'd be really cool if she'd do it.

She did. Burger-flinging ensued in the parking lot with several near-hits of ketchup packets on my evening gown. Pickles were stuck to the roof of the rental car for two days.

And the burgers were terrible.
0 Replies

Sugar

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2003 02:25 pm
Now your dissin' Bickford?! Extra bacon, chocolate milk?! C'mon, slappy, where's the love?
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2003 02:34 pm
Where's the love?

I love Bickford's. Like I said, it's the perfect place to bring a lady I'm trying to impress. I just bring my own silver salt n' pepper shakers, linen napkins, and candles, and I'm good to go, while saving money at the same time.
0 Replies

CountZero

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2003 02:53 pm
Bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon.

I love bacon.

Where am I always assured of finding bacon?

Bickfords.

Bickfords Bickfords Bickfords Bickfords.

Can you dig it?

If not, you will be 0wnEd by my InsAne sKilZ.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2003 02:56 pm
Count Zero. I have not had a BLT in years. Just the mention of it has my mouth watering. And what do I have tonight for dinner??? Pot roast Mad
0 Replies

Sugar

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2003 03:00 pm
Only thing better than bacon is bacon wrapped in bacon.

Do NOT disturb the sexy.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2003 03:11 pm
No one has even mentioned the "Queen of the Interstate Exit", Shoney's. That's the place that you go to when you are REALLY tired and starving, and could not look another Big Mac in the face!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2003 03:28 pm
We had a Shoney's for almost a year. The food was okay, but no match for the prices. The waitstaff was awful. Like, they were good enough to make the cut at Shoney's and we were just the customers. They closed their doors an left as sign that said "Thanks a lot, Farmington". Like we owed them our custom.
0 Replies