To those who have served in the US military...

blatham

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2003 09:14 pm
Craven

Now that the military option is no longer looming in your future, I can finally be honest and tell you that...
I'm goddamned pleased to see you where you are!
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2003 09:28 pm
Yeah, uh, like, uh, whut that blue guy sed. Yeah. Whut he sed. Me too. Yeah. Ya know?

timber
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2003 11:40 pm
lol, I'm not out of the woods yet. I am on a trial basis with a trial salary and a heck of a lot to learn.

roger,

I'll take both you and Rae up on that. I need to have some notion of accounting and the silly program whose name I forgot.

This way I can play on A2K at work and say I'm researching without lying. :-)
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2003 11:50 pm
Craven, At one time in my life, I was responsible to teach store managers bookkeeping for Florsheim Shoe Company. I had them closing the books in three work days; something that was never done in the history of the company. I can teach you bookkeeping in short order, if you like. c.i.
0 Replies

mikey

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2003 12:06 am
CONGRATS CRAVEN !!!!

good choice.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2003 12:48 am
I thought about tossing your name into the hat, c.i. Debacle used to juggle for a living too. Setanta has QuickBooks experience, as I recall from an answer of his to Vincent.

Let me know if you need phone numbers, Craven. By now you should know that if something is over my head, I won't hesitate to say so.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2003 02:31 am
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww guys, you are soooooowonderful! I'd offer to help too - but I guess bankrupting the company from overspending might not be the best thing, eh?
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2003 02:55 am
i hope you enjoy your new profession cdk. not many people find a job and pay that they like. congrats.......
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2003 05:14 am
Craven,

Can you hear my sigh of relief in Florida?

Are you on the West Coast or the East Coast?

I know that you'll do well in whatever you get into, and I would say that it's more conduct than luck.

congradulations, my young friend. :wink:
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2003 09:56 am
roger, Our formal professional name is "bean counter." We can count a jar of beans several different ways, and come out with the number the CEO wants to see. The ending number will be accruate enough without "material" variance which will satisfy anybody inspecting those numbers, because it will comply with Generally Accepted Accounted Principles. Wink c.i.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2003 10:01 am
Keep more than three beans in the air at one time, you're a juggler.

Did anybody catch that? He said ". . . come out with the number the CEO wants to see. . ." Subtle is our c.i.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2003 10:32 am
Congrats, cdk! Ya might want to contact Peace and Love re accounting stuff.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2003 10:47 am
Haha, Roger... I didn't catch that (I started from the end). CI!!#!! is very clever !!$$$!

Isn't it true that these "bean counters" in archeological times were the reason we have written language today? Trying to remember a discussion of the Sumerians counting bushels of grain. It is an old & venerable line.

Letty -- True. What a relief!
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2003 03:04 pm
Thanks all! I might just have to call on you soon (right now I'm learning how to track containers).

Letty,

I'm working in San Diego.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2003 03:45 pm
Piffka, Not clever, trust me on this one! Wink I tutored accounting students when I was attending college, and that helped tremendously. Wink c.i.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2003 05:25 pm
Uh-huh! Well, how 'bout sneaky then??? Laughing
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2003 05:27 pm
Sneaky isn't a good word either. 'Creative' is borderline.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2003 05:33 pm
Well... not being an accountant I am getting most of my ideas from movies! My favorite accountant from the movies was, I think, the prisoner in Shawshank Redemption.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2003 05:37 pm
'Andy' was his name.....and I think he is best summed up as cautiously swift.....
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2003 05:44 pm
We used to call it "scientific adjustments." Wink c.i.
0 Replies