Confused again???

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2009 10:57 am
Well im a senior in high school and i have had armed forces recruiters blowing up my phone. I have two older brother one just got out of the Marines, the other is currently in the army. Im thinking of joining the Army as well. But i don't want to just be a grunt, im thinking of being a mechanic or something of that sort. But i eventually want to go to college and become a game warden, can anyone help me with this??
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 2,038 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2009 11:00 am
@bulldog-2010,
bulldog-2010 wrote:

Well im a senior in high school and i have had armed forces recruiters blowing up my phone. I have two older brother one just got out of the Marines, the other is currently in the army. Im thinking of joining the Army as well. But i don't want to just be a grunt, im thinking of being a mechanic or something of that sort. But i eventually want to go to college and become a game warden, can anyone help me with this??

Here's a favor for ya: the recruiters are full of ****, don't listen to them. It is their JOB to sell you on going, they aren't your friend, they aren't doing you a favor.

Talk to your family and make your own choices.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2009 11:05 am
@bulldog-2010,
First, talk to your brothers. They will give you the straight scope (or at least I hope they will.) Second, we are at war and you should be expecting to go to war. Don't fool yourself about some MOS's don't go, etc. You need to be ok with being in Iraq or Afganistan and pulling the trigger. When I joined the Navy, the LT who signed my up told me straight out "If you are in the Navy, you will go to sea." I'm telling you if you are in the army, you will go to war. Finally, be sure to take advantage of all the college options for servicemen. We have a pretty good GI bill now, so if you do the time be sure to take advantage of it.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2009 02:18 pm
@bulldog-2010,
Did you take the ASVAB? The only way you're going to be able to pick and choose the more esoteric MOS'es is to score high on the test.

When I joined the army, the college fund was linked in concrete to the combat MOS'es that's why I chose 13 Bravo or cannon crewmember.

If you did very well on the test, don't let the recruiters talk you out of the MOS of your dreams if it's available. Most likely in times of war like now? Most MOS'es will not be available in the first place.
bulldog-2010

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2009 10:11 am
@tsarstepan,
yeah i got like a 70 on it
0 Replies