Military uniforms during postpartum

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2010 04:00 pm
Im trying to find the regulation on when you can wear your class a's again after giving birth but i cant find anything and we have an inspection on friday. from my understanding its not until your 6 month postpartum is over. and it makes sense cause you have to have time for your body to get down to size and i know for sure they cant make you buy a new one unless you are way to big to ever fit in them again but i only have about 5-10 more lbs to lose before i fit in them again and i still have 2 1/2 months left til my postpartum is over can someone please help me i have been searching for any regulation that states that i cant wear it until postpartum is over.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 7,464 • Replies: 3
No top replies

tsarstepan

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2010 04:15 pm
@genamarie,
http://www.army.mil/asu/

Quote:
Q32. What uniform will pregnant Soldiers be authorized to wear?
A32. As the Army transitions from Army green Class A to the new blue Army Service Uniform, pregnant Soldiers are authorized to continue to wear the Army green maternity uniform (slacks or skirt) until the ASU maternity uniform is developed and phased in which is expected not to exceed the mandatory possession date of 4th Quarter Fiscal Year 2014.
The current maternity uniform is also classified as a Class A service uniform when the tunic is worn. When the tunic is worn, females will wear the neck tab with both the short- and long-sleeved maternity shirts. The Army green maternity uniform is authorized for year-round wear by pregnant soldiers as a service or dress uniform, when prescribed for wear by CTA 50-900, AR 700-84, and the commander.
The Army maternity work uniform ACU is authorized for year-round duty wear by pregnant soldiers, when prescribed by the commander.

Due to extenuating circumstances I can imagine this still applies to you until your postpartum period is considered over.
0 Replies

wuenschbabe

Reply Thu 24 Jan, 2013 12:45 am
@genamarie,
Hi, im in the same situation. I was wondering if you ever found an answer?
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 24 Jan, 2013 12:54 am
@wuenschbabe,
wuenschbabe wrote:

Hi, im in the same situation. I was wondering if you ever found an answer?

ar 670-1 states that after your 6 week maturity leave you are required to always have uniforms on the ready. the extra clothing allowance for females anticipates this need. You have 6 months to get back into weight limits, not back into A's. suck it up and go find a used set that you will use one time.
0 Replies