Any US Navy/Army Veterans on this site?

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2013 05:18 pm
Or anyone who knows anything about enlisting ?
Please no links to any Navy websites. I've checked out many of them already.

Btw, I'm Ali. I'll be 18 on March 15th so parental consent isn't a problem. I can still join. I'm also physically fit and a great swimmer so Boot Camp won't be an issue either. But there are some other things I'm concerned about and it would be great if you could help me out.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,772 • Replies: 5
No top replies

engineer

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2013 06:26 pm
@AlliCat15,
There are several ex-military folks around here. Just ask your questions.
AlliCat15

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2013 06:59 pm
@engineer,
Ok, I just didn't want to waste my time typing out questions that you didn't have the answers to.

First off, how invasive is MEPS physical exam for girls? What's your experience?
Do you have to strip naked, pelvic exams, etc..? And how long is the whole process?

Any tips for Boot Camp? I'm a strong swimmer and a fast runner, so I'm not concerned about the physical aspect of it but I heard that they could be mentally abusive. I'm not used to people screaming in my face or yelling insults. I'm sure I could handle it when the time comes, but any advice would be great.

How often can we call home/communicate with family during Boot Camp?Two months is a long time.

I heard that you could be DQ'd for certain skin conditions. Is that true? I have acne on my back and chest. It's not bad but it's there and I've had it for a while. Would I still be able to join the Navy? Aside from being extremely embarrassing, I don't see how my acne makes much of a difference.

My younger sister wants to enlist with me to help pay for college but she's not as physically fit as I am. She's never played any sports and she doesn't exercise much. She's lazy and looks like she might be a little overweight. Do you think she will pass Boot Camp?

I know that there is almost no privacy and you have to shower in groups but what about when you use the restroom?

That's all for now. Thank you
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2013 07:00 pm
I could only tell you how it was in 1964. Not much help.
AlliCat15

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2013 07:03 pm
@edgarblythe,
And you're a guy. Damn.

That's okay. How was it in 1964?
0 Replies

AlliCat15

Reply Mon 18 Feb, 2013 02:05 pm
@AlliCat15,
Well this place is no ******* help.
0 Replies