in a crisis, life has become shambles

lostintheabyss18

Reply Sat 17 Oct, 2015 09:21 am
So we broke up or are taking a break. I don't know for sure what this is. But she put all my things at her house that consisted of over $500 including my suit, watches, and other clothing, in a clear plastic bag in the garbage and told me to go get them if I want them. I get there and it's gone. And I know it's gone because we were arguing and she immediately sent me money through PayPal.

Well you can just imagine how heated I am about this. But I'm not here to talk about that. It's regarding that other girl.

I texted her saying very straight forward;
Drinks. Tomorrow night. You and me.

An hour later she responded saying
What about you and your gf?

I waited until today to respond and said
Nah. Just you and me. It'll be casual. I'll pick you up at 8.30

She just now responded saying
What if I'm busy?

I thought if I went in confident and pretty much demanded her to come out with me. In the past I've been shy and rather too nice about things. And I wouldn't even get a response or I would just get stood up. I feel confidence is key. How should I respond? She has a tendency to take very long to respond.

Should I go with
"Well before anything, do you even want to go?

Or more casual
No problem. Let me know before 7 if you wanna go then

What do you guys think? Sorry for the extremely long post. Appreciate your input.
ehBeth

Reply Sat 17 Oct, 2015 09:45 am
@lostintheabyss18,
Forget texting. Call her.

You need to let her know you're not with your former girlfriend anymore.

Ask her if she'd like to go out with you. If so, when is a good time for her.

Drinks etc, personally I don't think it's a good idea for a first get-together. I don't think you get a good idea of how you actually get along if drinks are part of how things start. But ... it's what you offered, so you're kind of stuck with it unless she suggests a time that might be better for coffee or something similar.
lostintheabyss18

Reply Sat 17 Oct, 2015 09:49 am
@ehBeth,
She won't pick up if I call her. I've witnessed it myself how she won't pick up when people call her. And I also don't want to come off as desperate. This going out for drinks would be for like 2 hours max. I just don't know what to reply saying. I would like to reply very soon. What do you think.
Tell her to let me know by 7 if she's not busy. Or. Straight up just ask her if she even wants to go?
As you can tell I have no game, and do not know what to tell a girl.
ehBeth

Reply Sat 17 Oct, 2015 09:52 am
@lostintheabyss18,
hmmm

ok

she left it at "what if I'm busy?"

something like

n/p
let me know if you'd like to get together sometime this weekend
I'll be around til 6
call if you have time
lostintheabyss18

Reply Sat 17 Oct, 2015 11:27 am
@ehBeth,
I ended up going with:
"Are you down to go though if you aren't busy?"

It's been close to two hours without a reply so I texted my buddy an hour away and made plans with him in 10 minutes.

Hoping she falls through and is busy to be honest
0 Replies