Are We Ready For a Woman President? Really?

woiyo

Reply Mon 12 Oct, 2015 12:32 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Every time someone criticizes her, she plays victim and turns it into some sexist, anti-female, political agenda. For over 20 years, all we here is excuses for her actions. She was a failure as a carpet bagging Senator and a failure as a Head of State. And you think she will make a fine President?
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 12 Oct, 2015 12:49 pm
@woiyo,
woiyo wrote:

Every time someone criticizes her, she plays victim and turns it into some sexist, anti-female, political agenda. For over 20 years, all we here is excuses for her actions. She was a failure as a carpet bagging Senator and a failure as a Head of State. And you think she will make a fine President?

As I said earlier...I do not think she plays victim and turns anything into some sexist, anti-female political agenda...like you are suggesting.

She may touch on that occasionally...PROPERLY SO...but not anywhere near as much as your fantasy of her suggests.

My guess is that you...and people like you...accuse her of that kind of thing...MUCH, MUCH more than she actually indulges in it.

I do not think she was a failure as a senator...and I do not think she has ever been a "head of state."

She was a fine Secretary of State...and did the job required.

Finally...YES...I think she will be a fine president if elected...and this despite the considerable obstructionism that the Republican will undoubtedly send her way.

Thank you for asking, Woiyo.
glitterbag

Reply Mon 12 Oct, 2015 09:13 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I don't think Hillary plays the victim. If people don't like her, they should just be honest about the reasons they don't like her. She's more than qualified, she has dealt with some of the most scathing criticism I have seen in a generation, and she keeps going. My Aunt says she lost respect for her when she didn't leave Bill over the Monica scandal, my Aunt has a selective memory, she didn't leave her husband when she found him with another women in her bedroom. My Aunt's a hypocrite, but I'm happy she claims her marriage was made in heaven..

FranklyI can't stand Ted Cruz, when he talks my blood boils. But I'm not going to call him a Communist or a child molester. I just don't like him, I don't need to manufacture bullshit to convince others he's a loser.
glitterbag

Reply Mon 12 Oct, 2015 09:17 pm
@glitterbag,
And Frank's right, Hillary has not been a head of State, She was the Secretary of State, but so was Condi Rice and Madelyn Albright.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Mon 12 Oct, 2015 10:20 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
she has dealt with some of the most scathing criticism I have seen in a generation

This is nonsense. Compared with what Barack Obama faced, she is getting treated like royalty. Has anyone even asked to see her birth certificate?

McCain faced some significantly nastier treatment than Hillary is facing, as did John Kerry when he ran. In fact Romney faced scathing criticism too. None of these comes even close to what Barack faced.

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 13 Oct, 2015 02:33 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Quote:
she has dealt with some of the most scathing criticism I have seen in a generation

This is nonsense. Compared with what Barack Obama faced, she is getting treated like royalty. Has anyone even asked to see her birth certificate?

McCain faced some significantly nastier treatment than Hillary is facing, as did John Kerry when he ran. In fact Romney faced scathing criticism too. None of these comes even close to what Barack faced.

If you are saying that Hillary is getting a pass in any way...

...I hope you are just joking and using satire as a way of making your point.

If not...wake up and smell the coffee.
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 13 Oct, 2015 02:36 am
@glitterbag,
Yup, Glitterbag, it is more than enough to say "I do not like that person."

Some of the crap being thrown at Hillary Clinton right now is so off the wall...I feel uncomfortable even mentioning it.

She'll hold up...and I think there is a better chance that she will prevail than that any of her opponents on the Clown Car will.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 13 Oct, 2015 04:49 am
@Frank Apisa,
What I said is that the claim that Hillary Clinton "has dealt with some of the most scathing criticism" is nonsense.

If you objectively compare the criticism she is receiving with most other candidates, it is more or less equivalent. If you compare the criticism of Hillary Clinton with the exceptional nastiness launched at Barack Obama (some of which was from Hillary supporters), Hillary doesn't even come close.
revelette2

Reply Tue 13 Oct, 2015 06:44 am
@maxdancona,
Apparently if we don't have anything nice to say we are supposed to sit down and shut up keeping our "out there" opinions to ourselves.

Well, I wonder how the debate is going to go?
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Tue 13 Oct, 2015 06:50 am
@woiyo,
I am not so sure it is her so much as her supporters. Me, I have said all I have against her and don't see a need to keep repeating it. If she does well tonight, she has it in the bag, unless Biden decided to announce tomorrow he will run wiping out the whole coverage of the debate after talk.

Having said that, she was not a failure as either one, much less a carpet bagger. She had the full support of New Yorkers when she ran, carpet baggers sure didn't back in the south after the civil war. She was very hard working as both senator and secretary of state.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 13 Oct, 2015 08:27 am
Quote:
If you objectively compare the criticism she is receiving with most other candidates, it is more or less equivalent.

If you think you're totally objective in these discussions then you're deluded.
ehBeth

Reply Tue 13 Oct, 2015 08:43 am
@snood,
yup

calling her Killary is just the norm. all presidential candidates have been called murderers Rolling Eyes
revelette2

Reply Tue 13 Oct, 2015 10:10 am
@snood,
As far as I know they do not regularly say that Hillary is not a "real American" which was said about Obama not too many days ago again. Granted Hillary does get a lot of criticism, some of it deserved and a whole lot of not. Seriously though, you don't see a difference?
maxdancona

Reply Tue 13 Oct, 2015 10:26 am
@ehBeth,
Yes, names like "Killary" are the norm. The name "Obunga" comes up all of the time in thread titles on Able2know... and Boehner's name used as sexual innuendo more often than not. John Kerry was "Hanoi John".

All Presidential candidates are called names. That is the norm.

What happened to Obama was far worse than normal.

0 Replies

engineer

Reply Tue 13 Oct, 2015 10:30 am
@revelette2,
I don't that any candidate has ever or will ever again be abused like the President has been. It seems like every week there is some minor politician or police chief being taken to the woodshed for sending overtly racist emails about the President or race in general. You have frontrunners of the other party who will not even say he is a US citizen. If there are 300 million US citizens, of which 5 percent have serious racist tendencies and 0.5 percent are active racists, that is still 1.5 million troublemakers spewing their garbage all over the Internet.

No Clinton isn't getting that level of grief, but that doesn't mean she is getting a normal share. It could be that this is the new normal in the Internet age. Anyone who doesn't agree with your politics is fair game for whatever hatred you can vomit up.
snood

Reply Tue 13 Oct, 2015 10:41 am
@revelette2,
revelette2 wrote:

As far as I know they do not regularly say that Hillary is not a "real American" which was said about Obama not too many days ago again. Granted Hillary does get a lot of criticism, some of it deserved and a whole lot of not. Seriously though, you don't see a difference?

STOP PUTTING WORDS IN MY MOUTH. I didn't say anything remotely resembling "I don't see a difference in the criticism Hillary and Obama get." Seriously though, why do people keep arguing with me about things I don't say?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 13 Oct, 2015 10:51 am
@revelette2,
The poster snood was responding to said something about the criticism being equivalent. That wasn't snood.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 13 Oct, 2015 11:02 am
@engineer,
John Kerry faced vicious smears from the "Swift Boat Veterans for Truth". They were undeserved and a horrible attack on his record and on him as a person.

I don't think anything Hillary Clinton is facing rises anywhere near to this level.

BillRM

Reply Tue 13 Oct, 2015 11:56 am
@maxdancona,
Do not forget the nuts including Trump trying to denial Obama citizenship and right to run for President.
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Tue 13 Oct, 2015 01:24 pm
@ehBeth,
No, he just said max was not objective after max said the level of criticism Hillary receives is no where near what Obama receives, then you agreed by saying "Yep".