Deadly shooting on Oregon college campus

BillRM

Reply Sat 10 Oct, 2015 04:19 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
Arizona is an open carry state including school campuses.

WRONG

Quote:

http://www.kpho.com/story/30229986/gun-policy-varies-by-arizona-university-campus

Arizona State, University of Arizona and Northern Arizona University weapons policies all follow the Board of Regents definition of what constitutes a weapon and all three universities prohibit the use, possession and display of any weapon.

The campuses do vary on the exceptions to that policy
Both ASU and NAU allow a firearm exception if the gun is legally owned and inside a car

If the gun is left inside the car, the car must be locked and the gun has to be out of sight and locked inside a compartment within the locked car.

So if there was a rule that a gun could not be in the shooter car he would had obey that rule as just because he was willing to shot three fellow students and killed another student he would still have not broken NAU gun rules.

An at NAU you are not allowed to have a firearm on you even if you are allowed to have one in your locked car and the shooter broke that rule when he removed the gun from his car.

They was sitting ducks due to them obeying NAU rules.

To sum up guns free zones are also sitting ducks zones.

BillRM

Reply Sat 10 Oct, 2015 04:24 pm
@parados,
Quote:
Your statement is factually incorrect. Do facts not matter to you in the debate? You keep running away from your statement. Did you make the statement or not?

My error in an off the cuff statement matter in what way or in what manner as the majority of gun deaths are still not homicides and the numbers of gun homicides have been decreasing for decades.

Do you challenge that the rate of homicides along with the rate of gun homicides have been decreasing for decades and is now at near a 100 years low?

Any errors in the above statements?
coldjoint

Reply Sat 10 Oct, 2015 04:47 pm
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQ9usvbUYAAxifb.jpg

http://www.fireandreamitchell.com/2015/10/10/media-marrative-chart-for-shootings-by-jon-gabriel/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+FireAndreaMitchell+%28Fire+Andrea+Mitchell!+Exposing+Liberal+bias+cause+the+MSM+doesn%27t+have+to.%29
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sat 10 Oct, 2015 04:53 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Quote:
Arizona is an open carry state including school campuses.

WRONG

Quote:

http://www.kpho.com/story/30229986/gun-policy-varies-by-arizona-university-campus

Arizona State, University of Arizona and Northern Arizona University weapons policies all follow the Board of Regents definition of what constitutes a weapon and all three universities prohibit the use, possession and display of any weapon.

The campuses do vary on the exceptions to that policy
Both ASU and NAU allow a firearm exception if the gun is legally owned and inside a car

If the gun is left inside the car, the car must be locked and the gun has to be out of sight and locked inside a compartment within the locked car.

So if there was a rule that a gun could not be in the shooter car he would had obey that rule as just because he was willing to shot three fellow students and killed another student he would still have not broken NAU gun rules.

An at NAU you are not allowed to have a firearm on you even if you are allowed to have one in your locked car and the shooter broke that rule when he removed the gun from his car.

They was sitting ducks due to them obeying NAU rules.

To sum up guns free zones are also sitting ducks zones.

Let me see if I get you straight. The boy killed and the boys wounded deserved what they got because they obeyed the law???? This will be a big comfort to the dead young man's parents, they were stupid and deserved it. Like the babies at Sandy Hook, what were their parents thinking. What right thinking American doesn't buy more guns and wait for a shooter to show up to their childs kindergarten class.
coldjoint

Reply Sat 10 Oct, 2015 04:58 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
buy more guns and wait for a shooter to show up to their childs kindergarten class.

You keep avoiding the fact that these shooters are mentally ill or brainwashed. Why is that? And maybe some good old fashioned parenting would help. There is a shortage of that, and letting the schools raise your children ends with the results you bitch about.
BillRM

Reply Sat 10 Oct, 2015 05:04 pm
@coldjoint,
What the lady can not understand is that the tool used is beside the point as in Japan and China the nuts show up with edge weapons to killed children in schools and they are just as dead as if the nuts had shown up with guns instead.

An of course the record for the most children killed by a nut in a US school is held by a bombing.
parados

Reply Sat 10 Oct, 2015 05:06 pm
@BillRM,
I see. Facts don't matter when you get them wrong. Got it.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sat 10 Oct, 2015 05:08 pm
@BillRM,
You just keep repeating the same **** over and over while ignoring the fact that numerous restrictions have been put on explosive devices since the 1920s.

In the 1920s, any farmer could buy dynamite and use it to blow up a school. One did. Now, dynamite has purchase and storage restrictions that didn't exist in the 1920s.
BillRM

Reply Sat 10 Oct, 2015 05:27 pm
@parados,
Quote:
You just keep repeating the same **** over and over while ignoring the fact that numerous restrictions have been put on explosive devices since the 1920s.

Lord would you care for me to list all the bombings that had happen since 1920s?

Would you care to tell the people at the Boston Marathon that the problem of bombings had been solve in 1920s!!!!!!

An if you have your heart for some reason set on dynamite and not other explosives there are any numbers of places where the material is store with no more security then a padlock.

In fact I happen to drive by such a place a few times a month.

Here is how hard it is to steal dynamite.

Quote:

http://articles.philly.com/2003-09-19/news/25458525_1_homan-and-dowzicky-joshua-john-hurst-trenchrite

Two young men accused of stealing enough explosives to blow up a building will face trial in Chester County Court.

State Trooper John J. Clifford testified yesterday that Geoffrey William Homan went to an explosives storage facility the weekend of June 27 with a cordless drill, bits, gloves, flashlight, and two backpacks to steal canisters of dynamite.

Presiding at Homan's preliminary hearing, Pottstown District Justice James V. DeAngelo ruled that sufficient evidence existed to substantiate charges of burglary, criminal conspiracy, theft and related offenses against Homan, 20, of East Greenville.

Earlier yesterday, a co-defendant, Joshua William Dowzicky, 19, of East Greenville, waived his preliminary hearing. He faces similar charges.

Clifford testified that when he arrived on June 30 at a Warwick Township storage facility for Explo-Tech, a division of American East Explosives, he found evidence of a break-in and theft, including drilled-out padlocks on several steel storage structures. He said a box of Trenchrite 5 dynamite was empty.

William Rhoads, a dispatcher for Explo-Tech, said he learned about the burglary after receiving a 4 a.m. phone call from a company truck driver.

"I notified ATF [the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms] immediately," he said.

Police linked Dowzicky; Joshua John Hurst, 20, of Boyertown; and an unidentified juvenile to the crime after Steven Alan Sponsler, 20, of Upper Hanover Township, was taken into custody with Homan on July 30. Police said Sponsler's father called authorities after he found explosives in a duffel bag in his son's room.

Clifford, who works out of the Embreeville barracks, testified that Homan and Dowzicky admitted their involvement in the crime during separate interviews.

Clifford said Homan told him that after removing 16 to 18 tubes of dynamite, he took them to Montgomery County and stored them in a creek.

A day or two later, he went back. Homan took half the canisters and gave the others to one of his accomplices, Clifford said.

BillRM

Reply Sat 10 Oct, 2015 05:51 pm
@parados,
As I had already stated there is little hard security on sites where dynamite is being used beyond a padlock or so.

Once more there is also no real need to steal dynamite as easy at that would be to do as there are plenty of materials that can be turn into powerful bombs.

Quote:

http://www.bizjournals.com/louisville/blog/morning_call/2015/04/dynamite-stolen-from-norton-commons-construction.html

Investigators with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives say sticks of dynamite were stolen from a construction site near the intersection of Chamberlain Lane and Brownsboro Road.
Norton Commons' North Village community is being constructed at the site, WAVE-TV reports.
The investigators think the theft occurred between last Friday and Monday. George Huffman, public information officer for the bureau, said the thieves "probably weren't looking for dynamite; (they were) probably just trying to steal tools or equipment or something."
Norton Commons residents, along with officials at nearby St. Bernadette Parish, St. Mary Academy and the YMCA, were made aware of the theft via an email.

"We told them that the ATF may be going door-to-door,” said Norton Commons spokeswoman Marilyn Osborn Patterson. “The project contractor followed all the rules for protecting the explosive material."
On Thursday, federal agents and Louisville Metro Police said the theft doesn't appear to be tied to an attempt to disrupt Thunder Over Louisville on Saturday.
“There have been no threats at all, no intelligence at all that indicates a connection between that theft and this event,” said LMPD Chief Steve Conrad.
A $5,000 reward is being offered for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the people responsible for the theft, and anyone who has information is asked to call (502) 574-LMPD, 888-ATF-TIPS (1-888-283-8477), or (502) 753-3400, the story said.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sat 10 Oct, 2015 05:59 pm
@parados,
Quote:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/05/10/500-pounds-still-missing-explosives-highlights-federal-security-flaws/

Security concerns after 500 pounds of still-missing explosives stolen from federal bunker
Barnini Chakraborty
By Barnini ChakrabortyPublished May 10, 2013FoxNews.com
Facebook

Twitter

livefyre

Email
explosives2.jpgIn this photo provided by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, sample detonation cord and blasting caps is shown. (AP)
Around the same time the nation was transfixed on the hunt for the Boston Marathon bombers last month, thieves on the other side of the country pulled off a little-noticed heist -- swiping 559 pounds of explosives from a federal storage facility in Montana.

As of Friday, not one ounce of it has been found.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sat 10 Oct, 2015 06:05 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
Let me see if I get you straight. The boy killed and the boys wounded deserved what they got because they obeyed the law???? This will be a big comfort to the dead young man's parents, they were stupid and deserved it. Like the babies at Sandy Hook, what were their parents thinking. What right thinking American doesn't buy more guns and wait for a shooter to show up to their childs kindergarten class

Another person who is falling back on putting words in my mouth due to not being able to challenge my facts or logic?

Also no thank you for correcting your false statement that students in AZ are allowed to carry firearms legally around with them on college campuses.
parados

Reply Sat 10 Oct, 2015 06:32 pm
@BillRM,
OMG... Dynamite is so easy to steal that you found a story about it from 2003.

Meanwhile guns are stolen every day? every month?
http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/crime/2015/09/10/suspects-sought-after-stealing-93-guns-plano-store/72026988/
http://fox59.com/2015/10/08/loaded-guns-stolen-during-series-of-car-break-ins/
http://www.wrdw.com/home/headlines/Guns-stolen-from-Cabelas-retail-store-this-morning-295367311.html

Gosh, a little less than 200,000 guns were reported stolen last year. That is only one gun stolen every 2- 1/2 minutes.
http://www.governing.com/gov-data/stolen-guns-lost-firearms-by-state-data.html

It's a good thing we have so many guns. How else would criminals be able to steal so many?
BillRM

Reply Sat 10 Oct, 2015 06:47 pm
@parados,
Quote:
OMG... Dynamite is so easy to steal that you found a story about it from 2003.

LOL what year would you care for a news story of enough dynamite being stolen to blow up a large building?

Let see beside 2003 I had already gave you a story for the year 2013 and the year 2015 so what added years would you care to have?
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sat 10 Oct, 2015 07:12 pm
@parados,
I am waiting for your request for added years beyond the three I had already given you while large amounts of Dynamite had been stolen.

After we get done with the years we can begin working on the months of the years as dynamite is once more not hard to steal unless you are so dumb you can not handle a padlock and sticks disappear all the time.

Not that you need dynamite to build powerful bombs.
BillRM

Reply Sat 10 Oct, 2015 07:21 pm
@BillRM,
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sat 10 Oct, 2015 07:28 pm
@BillRM,
No Bill, you have me convinced. I'm loading up on explosives, I found a cute dagger for my granddaughter, (her hands are too small for a gun) and God help her mother if she want my GD to pick up her toys, I told her she doesn't have to be afraid to cut a bitch. I think I can get into your mindset, Maryland doesn't have a stand you ground law yet, but why should that stop me. From now on I'm packing. I hope you aren't too disappointed if I don't blow up school children, It's not mystyle, But God help any teen out walking in my 70 home development. Halloween is coming up, and I want to be ready for any punks over the age of 10. Thank you Bill, you have been a God send and an inspiration.

Also, I will check on gun laws in the future with you instead of relying on Arizona newspapers. Those gun hating folks in Arizona can't be trusted.
glitterbag

Reply Sat 10 Oct, 2015 07:35 pm
@parados,
I know all my neighbors have been stealing dynamite and we threaten each other after Community meetings. The Grounds committee hasn't proposed planting those stupid plants since 'someone' blew up the chairman's chicken coop. Might equals right. Bullies unite.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Sat 10 Oct, 2015 07:44 pm
@parados,
Quote:
Gosh, a little less than 200,000 guns were reported stolen last year. That is only one gun stolen every 2- 1/2 minutes.

Criminals steal. But thanks for pointing it out.
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 10 Oct, 2015 07:58 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:

Criminals steal. But thanks for pointing it out.

I am guessing that telling us that .064% of the guns in the US are stolen each year was supposed to move this argument by way of magical force.