Deadly shooting on Oregon college campus

Baldimo

Reply Fri 9 Oct, 2015 12:39 pm
@MontereyJack,
Gun zealots... You're funny. The NRA has nothing to do with it unless you think these people doing the shootings at these schools are NRA members sending a message. Is that the case?

Are you rooting for the UK Aussie method of gun control?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 9 Oct, 2015 12:40 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

The only time people talk about increasing gun control is when someone goes on a killing spree.

That's why people keep talking about it. It keeps happening, over and over and over again.

Let's face it. You're happy about that. Why not be man enough to answer the question? How many dead children are too much?
coldjoint

Reply Fri 9 Oct, 2015 12:42 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
Way to go, gun zealots. Another day, another three, that's 3, college shootings. That's all on you, NRA.

Gun zealots are not killers. Killers are killers. Guns are just a tool. You actually have a lot in common with them.
MontereyJack

Reply Fri 9 Oct, 2015 12:52 pm
@coldjoint,
And it's not even 3pm yet, ample time for another gun zealt to commit another mass murder today.
oralloy

Reply Fri 9 Oct, 2015 12:54 pm
http://www.a-human-right.com/2million.jpghttp://www.a-human-right.com/purpose.jpg
ehBeth

Reply Fri 9 Oct, 2015 01:04 pm
@Leadfoot,
So what you're saying is that there are a disproportionate number of mentally ill people in the US.

that's certainly not the first time I've heard that, but it's new to the US homicide discussion
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Fri 9 Oct, 2015 01:07 pm
@oralloy,
That is exactly what the Roseburg shooter's mom said repeatedly, before he took their "self defense" guns and shot up his schoolmates. And yes she is a gun zealot, do you read the news?
coldjoint

Reply Fri 9 Oct, 2015 01:10 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
And it's not even 3pm yet, ample time for another gun zealt to commit another mass murder today.

And ample time for you to whine about anything than the real problems.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Fri 9 Oct, 2015 01:16 pm
@BillRM,
Gosh, you mean all those mass stabbings are just hushed up?

Or maybe you just don't want to admit that gun murders outnumber stabbing murders by more than 10-1 as evidenced in the FBI stats.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Fri 9 Oct, 2015 01:18 pm
@izzythepush,
It's pathetic to use children to further your views. I'm man enough to call bullshit on your question and reject its premise.

What do you propose as an answer to the issue? Gun bans?
izzythepush

Reply Fri 9 Oct, 2015 01:32 pm
@Baldimo,
Children are being killed. It's more than pathetic that you refuse to acknowledge it, just to keep grasping your gun.

You need to tighten up your gun laws. Our gun laws are sane, yours are completely nuts.
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 9 Oct, 2015 01:52 pm
Quote:
The rhetoric leading up to the President's trip became so heated, local Roseburg officials issued a statement that the President was welcome and would be extended "every courtesy."

The President is not scheduled to speak while in Roseburg and the White House stressed that the trip will not be about politics but about "consoling the families of those who were so profoundly affected by that tragedy."

http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/09/politics/obama-oregon-shooting-visit/index.html

This is what maybe five days since Obama said that he would proudly play politics with this shooting? Now he is flying all the way across the country to hold some hands and cry? It is so nice that he has the free time to do this. On the plus side team Obama finally figured out the politics of the situation before he landed, it could have been worse.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 9 Oct, 2015 01:56 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
That is exactly what the Roseburg shooter's mom said repeatedly, before he took their "self defense" guns and shot up his schoolmates. And yes she is a gun zealot, do you read the news?

It's funny. You guys have already handed the 2016 election to the Republicans because of the 2013 gun control debacle. Now you guys are trying to amply your losses by bringing it all up all over again.

When the Supreme Court has shifted so far to the right that everyone starts referring to Justice Scalia as "one of the old moderates" I'm going to remember to thank you for everything you did to bring it about.

I imagine that Roe v Wade/PP v Casey will be the first to be overturned once the Supreme Court makes a hard turn to the right. Not an issue that I care overmuch about, but it bothers the Republican base I understand. The courts will get around to stomping out all those unconstitutional gun laws soon enough.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Fri 9 Oct, 2015 01:56 pm
@izzythepush,
I never denied children were dying, but more than likely people at a college are someone's children, but they are not children. Using them as an excuse to get rid of something you don't like is the pathetic part.

Children are not the majority of those who are dying due to gun deaths. Well I guess that would depend on where they live. If it is gang violence then a majority of the victims would be children but the majority of shooters would also be children. Children are not allowed to legally buy guns, they obtain them illegally and new gun laws would not prevent that. Only a gun ban and a collection and disposal of said guns would prevent it. Our govt is not allowed to do that without changing the Constitution and I'm happy to say the anti-gunners just don't have enough votes to make it happen.

You continued use of "grasping your gun" type language is also laughable. Trying to shame people and comparing their sexual parts size to their like of guns is also pathetic. You can't have an exchange on this issue without resorting to it.
ehBeth

Reply Fri 9 Oct, 2015 02:10 pm
@Baldimo,
What did they do in NYC to bring homicides down 90% ?
Baldimo

Reply Fri 9 Oct, 2015 02:19 pm
@ehBeth,
Stop and Frisk.
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 9 Oct, 2015 02:41 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

Stop and Frisk.

The dirty little secret is the NYC is doing very well on crime and has comparatively little police abuse according to the numbers I have been seeing. I am not a Bloomberg fan but he did policing well.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 9 Oct, 2015 02:44 pm
@Baldimo,
You can't have an exchange without downright lies, (guns are not lethal) or steering the topic away from what's actually happening.
Baldimo

Reply Fri 9 Oct, 2015 02:50 pm
@izzythepush,
When did I say they weren't lethal? You are the one who is lying about what I have said. What is actually happening? I'll tell you, people who have mental issues are shooting up gun free zones because they are upset about life and they are taking the lives of people who are not at fault for their perceived ills. What good is making sure I can't have a gun going to do to stop those guys?

You are the one who can't answer a simple question without casting false accusations against others beliefs. As I have said before, it is ******* pathetic that you think you can change minds acting this way. It's a joke and so are your solutions.
coldjoint

Reply Fri 9 Oct, 2015 02:58 pm
http://www.therightplanet.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Obama-Tyrant-at-Roseburg.jpg

http://www.therightplanet.com/2015/10/hundreds-turn-out-in-roseburg-to-protest-obama-politicizing-tragedy-go-golf/
0 Replies