Examples of falsification of history

benconservato

Reply Sun 12 Dec, 2004 02:21 pm
it is all pretty funny that they spend all this time debating who got to Australia first.

There was/is this crazy show on ABC in Australia, called "Fat Pizza" (I think you could only enjoy it if you were an Australian... you get to laugh at our culture), where they made this one with two Roman's discovering Australia and hanging out with the aboriginal people (don't ask what they did with them...) but it was certainly funny.

But I digress. :wink:
0 Replies

Paaskynen

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 09:09 am
Digressing even further: Very Happy

I saw a mockumentary once of a group of Africans landing in England, claiming it for Africa (while allowing the indigenous people the right to live in this new land) going on an expedition into the interior, while uttering one insensitive misconception about their new white subjects after the other and paying their way with beads and mirrors Very Happy
0 Replies

benconservato

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 11:52 am
funny... sounds as good as that mocumentary that they showed on april fools days in Australia two years ago that claimed they was no moon landing, and in fact Kubrick filmed it.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Thu 3 Feb, 2005 01:05 pm
Glencoe is not a person but a branch of publishing house McGraw-Hill which specializes in soft technology and business.
0 Replies

Allsixkindsamusic

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 01:37 pm
Auschwitz.
The some of the most monstrous falsifications of philosophy and therefore history have been discussed [by me] at http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=45062&highlight=; Auschwitz: Sixty Years on, or Six Millennia?

This falsification-system starts in Genesis and continues with Matthew. An exampke is the notion that Adam and Eve were "made in God's image", and they parented a large family. Given current news-casts, was Cain's behaviour toward Able totally abnormal? If A & E were the first humans, from whence came the mothers and fathers of their grand-children...? Did A & E enjoy their procreactivity?

If we truly were made in God's image, Heaven has one Hell of a justice system; some BIG jails; and God runs around all day with a half-erection!
0 Replies

Allsixkindsamusic

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 02:21 pm
Who got to Oz first, after the Aborigines?

Up along the NW coast there are corroborees for welcoming and farewelling the Bugis (Sulawesi, Celebes) pearl, trochus-shell and beche-de-mer fleet when the winds were right: they were obviously welcome.

There is a legend around Warrnambool on the SE coast of a Mohogany Ship once bared in the dunes - Portuguese? Further west along that coast are many known wrecks; but not one story of an early pale-skinned survivor along the barren Bite coast. In the early 1500s Dutchman Hartog left an engraved pewter plate way over West, many others came too far east enroute The East and didn't land; the place was so inhospitable nobody bothered to map it, not even the very well travelled Chinese.

Up the North and NE the Aborigines were treated badly; there are a few stories of pale-skinned survivors, about the best known being William Buckley who greeted the first land-grabbers in Port Phillip Bay. Mum told of a large and popular Aboriginal family and attitude in Victoria's west, but a WW1 Aboriginal soldier was denied membership of the Returned Soldier's League ... in the 1950s Aborigines became Citizens and were legally allowed alcohol, but mixed-race kids were still removed by the welfare authorities ... in 1972 Gough Witlam officially killed The White Australia Policy.

There are many and various expensive theories and lucrative ideologies, but I think the Cain-and-Able one is the truest: Africans, Aborigines, Native Americans (is that the best term?) of the northern and southern continents were all head-butted by human greed and better weaponry. A Ghengis Khan sort of thing; and pre-dating even him.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2005 11:12 am
RE: Aborginal people in Australia

A recent program on PBS, featuring a biologist who tracked the expansion of humans across the planet through the use of genetics shows that the first wave of modern humans left Africa and journeyed through the Middle East, down the Indian subcontinent and out to Australia. The human presence of Australia is ancient indeed.
0 Replies

Allsixkindsamusic

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2005 03:52 pm
Until recently officially the Aboriginal people arrived 40,000 years ago; but recent evidence suggests up to 20,000 years earlier.

A mystery: The people of inland Papua-New Guinea had a stone-age culture until comparatively recently, but more and more evidence is surfacing about worked granite: in the central mountains near the Irian Jaya border, Mt Hagen, Edie Creek, a volcanic island in the Solomon Sea, and well inland from the Gulf of Papua; one witness found flint arrowheads in the same deposit.

In 9 years working there I saw no evidence of either hollowed granite or flint tools: working axes were river-stones, ceremonial ones (i.e. close-combat weapons) were hand-ground slate or a species of non-gem jade. Arrow-heads were cassowary (like an emu or ostrich) toe-nails, hard-wood or bamboo.

Has anyone else seen similar?
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2005 07:25 am
Hi, Allsixkinds,

Are you an archaeologist? I'm intrigued by your addresses: Poland and Australia. I am partially of Polish descent.
0 Replies

Allsixkindsamusic

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2005 12:11 pm
Hi Plainoldme: I am Polish by marriage (!); lived here for a whiole and we are trying to get back to Oz, but the skiing's still good...

I can't stand TV so I read a lot (!), I'm interested in everything from archaeology to current leadership shenannigans especially King Shrub 2nd. I worked all over PNG and Indonesia, and on some high-falutin' engineering things.

Re the mocumentary about Africans claiming England: Peter Sellers made a movie called "The Mouse That Roared"; as usual playing 5 or 6 parts. His tiny Duchy decided to declare war on The West intending to lose, and score a free massive rebuilding postwar. Unfortunately for the Duchy they won!

Another stunning series is the Oz ABC's "Bush Mechanic" - better than Mr Bean I reckon.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2005 08:02 am
The Mouse that Roared is based on a novel by Leonard Wibberly. Read it about 40 years ago . . . or longer!
0 Replies

Allsixkindsamusic

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2005 10:57 am
We've gone off-track, from falsification to parody of history...

Falsification: if you Google up "consensus politics" you will find one of the most pernicious politial tricks in the American lexicon; and Washington/Langley/FBI (now being driven to destruction by Shrub The Second) have a HUGE library of dirty tricks.

F'rinstance: there have been nearly a hundred federally-funded American Medical Association conferences to vote-in certain matters Shrub wants: he can then set their decisions in legislative concrete. It's easy: get 50 or 100 "eminent experts" of the right politics and a token few dissenters: your "concensus conclusion" has been fore-ordained but you have satisfied "democracy".

Science is based on fact: a team develops something and if another team repeats and confirms the results the theory is accepted; until new evidence proves otherwise, and that proof is verified. Concensus politics is opinion not science, but is being rammed down our throats. In this context consensus is nonsense.

This is the system that prescribed clitoridectomy to "cure" sexy wimmin, aversion-therapy to "cure" homosexuals; and routine male circumcision (the AMA changed it's consensical mind on the latter only because of insurance problems). It was the AMA who invented approved and made lots of money from, medicines that were later banned (Thalidomide for one); who denigrated Chiropractic treatment (don't EVER let a medico touch your bad back!); and who reluctantly allowed Traditional Chinese Medicine to be practiced (if you have joints-problems consult a TCM).

This was the sort of politicial manipulation which outlawed alcohol (Prohibition in the 1920s) and any thought word or deed considered UnAmerican by Sen. McCarthy (1950s); which chucked marijuana into the same category as heroin &c but approved tobacco; said that VietNam, Somalia (the movie "Blackhawk Down"), Afghanistan and Iraq would be quick and easy victories: it was the system that put Saddam Hussein in power in the first place!

It is the system used to outlaw sex-education for kids, making Norte-Americano teeners more than 5 times more likely than Europeans to catch HIV/AIDS and other STDs, or get pregnant.

And now The Shrub is forcing his religious righteousness over States' Rights; in the State that was responsible for his first-term election, too -- careful, Ohio!!

Definition: a shrub is a small garden plant chosen only for its looks; which requires a lot of care; and which usualy produces nothing.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2005 11:58 am
That brings up an interesting point: until the Enlightenment, women controlled their births through herbal abortafacients. Ever wonder about some of the plants in the traditional Medieval herb garden that seem to have no flavor and no current medicinal value? Women used them to space their children and to keep their family size within the limits of their incomes.
0 Replies

Allsixkindsamusic

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2005 08:54 am
Agreed, and the reason they are out of favour is greed: pharmaceuticals is a huge industry, but anyone can grow herbs. (That sentence started as a typo-error!)

My favourite quote is still Jini Thompson's plea to the MDs at Listen To Your Gut (excerpt):
Quote:
At this time, I merely wish to stimulate your own thought process and encourage you to open up to unconventional possibilities and ideas, to pursue the many layers of truth and the many facets of reality, rather than latching onto the flat, easy, one-dimensional answer.

Have you read Jean Auel's Clan of the Cave Bear et seq? The old herbal knowledge has been preserved all over Europe and especially Eastern Europe, where it is very popular during their frequent hard times (i.e. German and Russian occupations). Especially in spring, their markets are full of wild vegetation which all good mothers learned all about from their mothers. My wife has many secret, delicious and beneficial recipes.

Not all contraception was by termination. I worked on an island in the Pacific where the girls were very friendly, and the island had been a WW2 airbase: not one mixed-race kid resulted from any interactions. I asked, and a lady gave me samples of her contraceptive and complete instructions: exactly as her mother taught her and she taught her daughters. But why did my employee's adopted girl get pregnant? Her new mother is from a different island, and didn't know our herbs... I didn't ask about the termination.

Ask the Chinese about alternative medicine: I go to an MD for sickie-tickets and X-rays, then to a TCM for treatment; they are now covered by Australian medical insurance. When you have TCM and MD in the one Doctor, you have powerful cures: few of which are accepted in the West.

Some bush-medicines have been adopted: bacterial action, smallpox-vax and penicillen started from natural causes, curare was a popular muscle-relaxant; alt-med shops, clinics and web-sites abound, and a lot of private labs are researching heavily.

But the political dominance of the medico-chemical industry's quasi-theocratic moral blindness and its myriad known side-effects keeps the alt-meds in the background.

The fly in the cream-jug is that greed operates in all industries, and soon we will see massive bureaucratic controls in alt-med.

I think that if they'd let some of the Babchias run the show, we'd all be a lot happier and healthier and The Shrub not so anal-retentive.
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2005 09:02 am
The babcias?
0 Replies

Allsixkindsamusic

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2005 09:27 am
Literally, Grandmothers: the guardians of culture and family honour who know everything worth knowing.
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2005 09:31 am
I know. This is the first time I've seen that word online. It made me think of my wonderful grandmothers...both of them polar opposites in personality, style, attitude, appearance, but both strong and wise.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2005 10:33 am
Interesting that the wisdom of the ages, which originated in much the same way the products of laboratories come to us -- by cuious folks sampling herbs to see what happens -- are ignored, largely because they are "traditional."
0 Replies

Paaskynen

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2005 01:24 pm
And the absolute summit of insanity is when a Western pharmaceutical giant informs the natives of a poor country that they can no longer use their traditional herb like they had been since time immemorial, because the company has patented its medicinal use worldwide!
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2005 09:51 am
There are no bigger criminals in the world than the purveyors of western pharmaceuticals (sp?)!
0 Replies