America is a Democracy so maybe you should hold off!?

Redheat

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 07:33 am
disenter512 wrote:
Why do Gays get aids?

if it is normal and good then um maybe they wouldn't be the number one spreaders of the disease?? Just a thought ha ha

End

One can only hope that people like you don't reproduce.

hetrosexuals get AIDS. They also get Syphllis, Gonerreha, and a host of other VD's. What would be your point?

This is a perfect example of what this opposition to gay marriage REALLY IS. It's about the SEX. Some people can't wrap their small minds around the reality of how two gay's get intimate with each other. It's not about tradtion or the downfall of soceity, it's about a certain part of the population unable to deal with their own sexuality so they lash out in fear and ignorance.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 07:40 am
You are demonstrating an unusual level of ignorance towards your opponents with an arguement like that.

disenter512 is stating HIS opinion on gay marriage and hardly represents the "opposition to gay marriage"

This issue has nothing to do with how gays have sex.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 07:44 am
McGentrix wrote:
You are demonstrating an unusual level of ignorance towards your opponents with an arguement like that.

disenter512 is stating HIS opinion on gay marriage and hardly represents the "opposition to gay marriage"

This issue has nothing to do with how gays have sex.

You could have fooled me!
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 08:18 am
I don't share Disenter's views on homosexuality or 'gay marriage'. I do think there are a sufficient number of Americans who wish for marriage to retain its classic definition and it hurts nobody for their feelings and sensibilities to be considered. A great many people believe marriage is one of our most important and most enduring traditions and, without negating successful rearing of children by single and/or gay parents, a loving mother and father in the home is strongly supported as the best situation for children, whether gay or straight.

So again, I ask. Is the agenda here that the pro-traditional marriage folks have to give up everything in favor of the minority? Or is there room for compromise in which marriage remains defined as one man one woman and everybody else can also form themselves into legal family groups with all the benefits but pick another word for it?
0 Replies

Redheat

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 09:05 am
Quote:

Homophobia and Apple Pie
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 09:26 am
In a moment of red heat, one of our members wrote:

I have a very low opinion of Dissenter--and that in no way warrants such a remark as this. This is deplorable, regardless of the point of view of the critic or the criticized.
0 Replies

Redheat

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 09:31 am
Setanta wrote:
In a moment of red heat, one of our members wrote:

I have a very low opinion of Dissenter--and that in no way warrants such a remark as this. This is deplorable, regardless of the point of view of the critic or the criticized.

Wanna bet? When you have family and loved ones who are gay and they are attacked, smeared and maligned by people like this what kind of remark do you think that warrants?

Nobody ever gives a thought that when they post bigoted homphobic posts that it could be talking about a son, daughter, mother , father or other loved one. So sorry but if you insult MY FAMILY then all bets are off and I don't give a rats ass if you like it or not.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 09:32 am
Certainly no further comment is needed here.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 02:08 pm
I don't get the offer to compromise. Heteros are giving up nothing if gays are allowed to marry. All that's there to irritate them is the homophobia.
0 Replies

Redheat

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 02:14 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
I don't get the offer to compromise. Heteros are giving up nothing if gays are allowed to marry. All that's there to irritate them is the homophobia.

exactly

I'd just like to say that if you put "black" or any other minority in place of "gay" with some of the posts they would be considered racist.

People need to understand that there's a difference between opposing gay marriage and gay bashing. Gay bashing is the same as posting racist comments and should be treated the same.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 04:35 pm
Re: I am talking about what I feel like?
dissenter's subject line: I am talking about what I feel like?

disenter512 wrote:
Well Deb, nicely done you have taken over my topic and have made it into something unrecognizable. This is about democracy and Gay and now you are actively trying to turn over a norm that has been in existence for thousands of years.

disenter512:

Even though you started the thread, you cannot control what people discuss therein.

It's similar to giving birth. You can give birth to a child, but the child always has a mind of his own.

I discussed the points you raised. You argued that America is a democracy, the majority rules, and if the majority decides to deprive gay couples of the right to get married, the minority just has to go along with it. After all, you argued, gays are not subjected to horrific treatment and if their choice to come out of the closet subjects them to Christian hatred, so what? You argued that everyone is subjected to hatred of some sort or another and that we should just chill.

My responses and the responses of many others showed disagreement with "your topic."

Simply because your topic didn't get the support that you anticipated, that doesn't make the discussion "unrecognizable."

In other words, I plead "not guilty." I did not hijack "your topic."

END
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 06:03 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
Is the agenda here that the pro-traditional marriage folks have to give up everything in favor of the minority?

I don't see that you'd be giving up ANYTHING, let alone everything.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 08:38 pm
So it's gay marriage or nothing. No room for compromise to make this a win/win proposition.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 08:49 pm
Where's the compromise?
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 09:19 pm
So far I haven't seen much willingness to compromise here.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 09:22 pm
Setanta wrote:
Certainly no further comment is needed here.

this applies to the entire gay marriage issue......no one is going to give any ground.....meanwhile life will continue as is.....where doing it is concerned...people are gonna.......every which way possible......Vive La Difference....
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 09:28 pm
Foxfyre, what is gay marriage taking away from you?
A sense of superiority? What?
The ability to say "I've got something you don't."? What?

It's hard to discuss this when it is not clear what you would be losing.
0 Replies

nappy69

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2004 07:12 pm
OK people as I have lived a little longer I wish to say sorry for my hate speach and repent for it.

this is disenter512 and I am currently being punished and can't long on to my account. Because I lost my passoword. ha ha I am sorry I am a dork and Some times I wish I was not even born. this has been very inlightening and interesting and I think that I will not be so quick to show how dumb I really am.

PS I am using a friends account untill I can find my password so sorry and please don't work yourselves to a frazzle over me.

END

Disenter512 humbled much

peace
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2004 07:19 pm
Piece, brother.
0 Replies