Do early sexual experiences with peers negatively effect children?

Reply Sat 22 Aug, 2015 06:48 pm
Hard question to google (if it phrases it as sex abuse experiences and the like the result is going to be predictably negative, but that's not the question here,) but some results answering the specific question include:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2818170

"It was concluded that adult sexual adjustment is not negatively or positively influenced by typical early childhood sexual experiences among similar-aged siblings."

Though specificly studying the effect of sibling-incest, one might say if that didn't screw you up...Smile

Contrary to what the knee-jerk types think, I don't wanna lower the age of consent younger adults can have sex with anyone over the aoc, but only so they can have legalized normative sexual experiences with their own age range (favor within 2 years representing who you're likely hanging out around with in school.) If it's legal, health and educational services can be made available and it doesn't have to be kept secret. Nothing good happens in the dark. Instead of doing what doesn't work for drugs as with prohibition, make normal adolescent sexual experiences legal.

Gonna get a lot more benefit "being cool about it" with adolescent-aged kids legalizing and helping them figure sexuality out than you get making it illegal.

After going to war, sex messes people up the most and easiest. Making sex when going through puberty desiring sex illegal and taboo so it's happening in secret is a great way to ensure the future of psychiatric services because most people are screwed up, but not a very ethical model.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 842 • Replies: 4
No top replies

vikorr

Reply Mon 24 Aug, 2015 04:51 pm
@HesDeltanCaptain,
Quote:
Making sex when going through puberty desiring sex illegal and taboo so it's happening in secret is a great way to ensure the future of psychiatric services because most people are screwed up...
Do you have any studies to back up this opinion...because it seems to me that if they do it young and aren't caught, then:
- the legal system has little to do with them being screwed up; and
- there are no moral consequences inflicted on them by others, so that has little to do with them being screwed up

Now if they tell a friend, and that friend disparages them, then you could argue causal affect, but:
- most young guys would think they boy who got lucky was a stud, yet you imply he also ends up being screwed up
- if a girl tells her friend, and she ends up disparaging the girl who got lucky...well, when you compare it to guys reactions, that would speak for a difference in biology, rather than anything to do with the legal system

Basically, I can't see what foundation you are basing your opinion on, other than 'they end up screwed up'.

So a study would be interesting, if you have one.
Setanta

Reply Mon 24 Aug, 2015 06:35 pm
It depends on how big your wee-wee is.
0 Replies

HesDeltanCaptain

Reply Tue 25 Aug, 2015 05:32 am
@vikorr,
As of yesterday I do. Reading around for sci-news on phys.org I came upon one about how when girls have sex (among 11-17 yo's think their study was) they lsoe friends, whereas when boys have sex they gain friends. Made a thread about it, around here somewhere.
vikorr

Reply Tue 25 Aug, 2015 04:59 pm
@HesDeltanCaptain,
Quote:
As of yesterday I do. Reading around for sci-news on phys.org I came upon one about how when girls have sex (among 11-17 yo's think their study was) they lsoe friends, whereas when boys have sex they gain friends.
Err, yes, we said pretty much the same thing

vikorr wrote:
- most young guys would think they boy who got lucky was a stud, yet you imply he also ends up being screwed up
- if a girl tells her friend, and she ends up disparaging the girl who got lucky...well, when you compare it to guys reactions, that would speak for a difference in biology, rather than anything to do with the legal system

My post was aimed at the quote of yours (that I referenced) which basically says that making underage sex illegal is a reason why kids who engage in it (with other kids of the same age) are screwed up.

Quote:
After going to war, sex messes people up the most and easiest. Making sex when going through puberty desiring sex illegal and taboo so it's happening in secret is a great way to ensure the future of psychiatric services because most people are screwed up,

I was pointing out the problems with that opinion, and asking if you had any studies to back up that opinion.
0 Replies