A2Kicker, the 2015 A2K Fantasy Football League

alex240101

Reply Tue 8 Sep, 2015 04:48 am
@George,
I feel good about my team.
It is difficult not selecting Detroits defense, over Houston.
Staffords jersey number reflects the words super bowl.

A2K contenders, places two through ten, meet Ameer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imJNPw_9vQU

0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 8 Sep, 2015 10:36 am
Tevin Coleman looks to be a great pick, Tico, Falcons named him the starter today.
Ticomaya

Reply Tue 8 Sep, 2015 01:15 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Thanks. I saw that, but I'm still thinking potential timeshare once Freemen is healthy, plus not a great matchup in Week 1. But, if he kick ass Monday, who knows.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 8 Sep, 2015 01:46 pm
@Ticomaya,
I'm hoping my last-round pick of Christine Michael works out equally well, now that he's been traded to Dallas.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 8 Sep, 2015 01:57 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
I'm hoping his replacement for the Seahawks, Fred Jackson, works out ok-ish for me. I had plenty of super duper running backs early on my list but they were scooped by others. Not participating in live draft can mess things up in interesting ways.
On the other hand, I'm happy enough so far, especially since I picked up two more RBs since the draft.
I'm keeping Hayne as long as I can, to annoy the draft grading person, who scolded me. He might need to leave at the start of some Bye week, or earlier if he suddenly becomes hopeless, which I'm doubtful about.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 8 Sep, 2015 02:12 pm
@ossobuco,
I'd be willing to trade you a starting RB to replace Freddy Jackson, take a look at my team and see if anyone interests you. Your WR's definitely interest me.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 8 Sep, 2015 02:23 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Yeh, but they interest me too.
I've never traded, in baseball or football, being wary of that, that I might regret it and then be pissed at myself or the person I traded with, especially with an injury to the new guy a week later. I'm sure this is silly, as they happen all over the place, but that has been my way, preferring goof up on my own. I tend to put people on waivers when ready.

Still, I'll do some wait and seeing. I'm not as completely against it as I sound.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 8 Sep, 2015 02:28 pm
@ossobuco,
No problem, however, feel free to let me know if you change your mind!

I like trading, and yes, I've kicked myself before. But I also never won any league before I started being more aggressive with trades.

Cheers
Cyclo
ossobuco

Reply Tue 8 Sep, 2015 02:28 pm
@ossobuco,
Meantime, I'm always glad when you show up here, even if it's only for one thread.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 8 Sep, 2015 02:40 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
I'm also (you already know this, I think) am rather odd. I took a lot of people off my list because I don't like the team as a whole (a good reason as players and coaches affect production of other players) or because I don't like some particular player for being a gigantic jerk, if I happen to know about that.

My sports interest started way early, as a romantic fantasy as a teenage girl - I fell in love with horse racing for one horse, for football with one player at a school I then liked halfway across the US, baseball as a sport because of specific players that I barely remember now, my being a teen a long time ago - I liked baseball on tv as a pre-teen, 1950. Read a lot of sports story type books back then.

Point being, I'm not as much about winning myself in a fantasy game, as I am for the stories, plus then maybe doing well. I take silly chances. I'm presently second in fantasy baseball, this the last regular week, but I'll never be first, this year, Gargamel is way ahead of all of us and deserves to be. Maybe I'll come out well on the playoff, but he's been best for weeks and weeks.

Still, I'll think about it. Might take a week. I'll let you know one way or the other.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 8 Sep, 2015 02:52 pm
@ossobuco,
Thanks. I got into Reddit big-time and stopped coming around a few years ago when the Politics discussion sort of went downhill, but I have a soft spot for all my old comrades here. And I hope you're doing all doing well.

Cheers
Cyclo

0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 9 Sep, 2015 11:56 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:
I'm hoping my last-round pick of Christine Michael works out equally well, now that he's been traded to Dallas.

I'm hoping my last round pick -- the last pick of the draft -- Michael Floyd, turns out to be the SOD.

(Steal of the Draft)
Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 9 Sep, 2015 01:16 pm
@Ticomaya,
Rampant homerism!

Nice to see that his hand is healing up, though, if he can get healthy and Palmer can stay healthy I could see both him and Brown having a big season.

Cycloptichorn
ossobuco

Reply Wed 9 Sep, 2015 01:41 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Brown was on my team, last year or the year before. I forget which. I knew he was good, that's why he was on my team, but when I had him, he wasn't used much.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 9 Sep, 2015 05:25 pm
@ossobuco,
Sigh. I had Andrew Luck listed high, very high, and then gradually moved him a bit further down my list, still quite high. I envy McG nabbing him.

Pretty interesting article -
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2525119-andrew-luck-the-casual-confident-comfortable-new-face-of-the-nfl
McGentrix

Reply Wed 9 Sep, 2015 05:30 pm
@ossobuco,
[blush]awwww....[/blush]

ossobuco

Reply Wed 9 Sep, 2015 05:57 pm
@McGentrix,
Very Happy
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 9 Sep, 2015 06:04 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cyclo, I'll pass on the trading for now. Will revisit the question at some point... or not.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 10 Sep, 2015 09:43 am
No problem.

GL to all tonight and this season!
George

Reply Thu 10 Sep, 2015 01:16 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Yeah, actual football games! Woohoo!