relation dilemma

Reply Wed 12 Aug, 2015 12:35 pm
I am a lady who is confused because am being forced into a relationship with my ex whom we have a son with and the man I love is like showing me mixed signals such that I don't know where I stand. should I stay with my ex whom I don't love or wait for the man I love?

CoastalRat

Reply Wed 12 Aug, 2015 01:52 pm
@Precious Knight,
I too am confused. How can you be "forced" into a relationship with your ex? You may well be forced to communicate with him, be civil to him and actually have to interact with him at times because of the son you share with him, but I don't see how you can possibly be forced into a relationship with him.

Quote:
should I stay with my ex whom I don't love or wait for the man I love?
Why must you do one or the other? You don't love the ex, so don't stay with him. If the guy you "love" is not sure of his feelings for you, why would you sit around and wait for him to make up his mind. Lots of other single men out there for you. Go find one.
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Wed 12 Aug, 2015 06:16 pm
@Precious Knight,
Presumably the 'force' is a result of a lack of financial independence on your part?

If so, the answer you want, in relation to your ex, is found when you remove the considerations of finance. There is often a difference of course, between what we want, and what we need.

The answer you want, in relation to your current love is found in:
- what do I need to be happy; and
- are my needs (to be happy) worth standing up for, in my own eyes

It's the conversation in your own mind about who you are, what you need, and what that's worth to you, that will result in your decision.
0 Replies

Aliesending

Reply Wed 12 Aug, 2015 06:22 pm
@Precious Knight,
whenever you put expectations into a situation you are setting yourself up for failure. no matter what choice you make have faith that it wil be the right choice. and it will turn into the right choice.
vikorr

Reply Wed 12 Aug, 2015 06:30 pm
@Aliesending,
Faith itself, results in an expectation.

Morals too, result in a social expectation of others behaviour.

Having expectations of yourself, gives you something to aim for. If you fail your own expectations, that's okay, so long as you don't beat yourself up over it. It gives you something to improve on.

We choose our friends based partly on how well they meet certain expectations of ours.

....just food for thought Wink

Aliesending

Reply Thu 13 Aug, 2015 04:29 pm
@vikorr,
Faith is not an expectation. Faith is knowing whatever happens, will work out the way its suppose too, so try to find another way to sound like you know what you're talking about. Have Faith that it will work out, and it will.
vikorr

Reply Thu 13 Aug, 2015 04:35 pm
@Aliesending,
Quote:
Faith is not an expectation....so try to find another way to sound like you know what you're talking about.

Before you go slinging mud at people, perhaps you need to re-read what you read, to ensure you know what you are talking about, for I didn't say faith is an expectation.

I said it results in expectation. And by any common definition, it does. You say have faith it will work out and it will...in other words, you expect it to work out when you have faith that it will.

I note that apart from misreading the one thing you thought could let you sling mud, you ignored every other point that went against your initial claims regarding expectation.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 13 Aug, 2015 06:07 pm
@Precious Knight,
Why would you stay with your ex?
0 Replies