Is he done for good this time or will he come back?

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2021 02:28 pm
So my ex and I dated for 11 and a half years before breaking up over a dumb argument. He said back then he was never coming back. Well about 2 years later he did come back and wanted to work on our relationship. We had a planned pregnancy and I'm now 8 months pregnant. He is really excited about our baby and wants to be involved, but he now is playing hot and cold. Not sure if he wants a relationship. Saying he's not ready for a relationship. His friends are telling me he is confused and doesn't know what he wants. Well I found out that he is messing around with other girls. I should add we are not together anymore again so he is free to do that. It's the whole breadcrumbing me that's annoying. I talked to him about what's going on and asked if he was coming back and he said he doesn't know what the future holds. I told him he always says that and by the way he is acting it doesn't look like he is so your not are you. And he said probably not. Is he serious this time? Is he just scared? Did he just say that to not hurt my feelings? I asked him why he kept flirting with me and making me think he was coming back and he said because at the time he thought he was. He was doing all that 4 days ago. Now he has been quite and distant. I really hate this game playing and just want to know if he really is done for good this time or if he will come around after baby is born.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 1,433 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2021 02:37 pm
@Darthsheep32,
Darthsheep32 wrote:

So my ex and I dated for 11 and a half years before breaking up over a dumb argument. He said back then he was never coming back. Well about 2 years later he did come back and wanted to work on our relationship. We had a planned pregnancy and I'm now 8 months pregnant. He is really excited about our baby and wants to be involved, but he now is playing hot and cold. Not sure if he wants a relationship. Saying he's not ready for a relationship. His friends are telling me he is confused and doesn't know what he wants. Well I found out that he is messing around with other girls. I should add we are not together anymore again so he is free to do that. It's the whole breadcrumbing me that's annoying. I talked to him about what's going on and asked if he was coming back and he said he doesn't know what the future holds. I told him he always says that and by the way he is acting it doesn't look like he is so your not are you. And he said probably not. Is he serious this time? Is he just scared? Did he just say that to not hurt my feelings? I asked him why he kept flirting with me and making me think he was coming back and he said because at the time he thought he was. He was doing all that 4 days ago. Now he has been quite and distant. I really hate this game playing and just want to know if he really is done for good this time or if he will come around after baby is born.

Sorry to say this, D, but it almost doesn't matter whether he will or won't. The relationship does not sound substantial...and he does not sound dependable. Might be time for you to consider alternatives to this dude.

You can certainly give it some time to see how it works out (either he will or he won't "come back")...and then you will have to deal with the problem of how long this "come back" will last.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2021 02:37 pm
@Darthsheep32,
Why don't you just drop this bag of bones, sue him for child maintenance and go it alone?
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2021 07:06 pm
What kind of a man plans a baby with a woman and then starts playing games about the relationship? He’s a lousy boyfriend, he would be a lousy husband, and too bad, but he will be a lousy father.

He is unable to commit to anything or anyone. Expect nothing from him. Concentrate on yourself and your child.
Mame

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2021 10:20 pm
@PUNKEY,
Yeah, what I just said Smile
Linkat

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2021 02:25 pm
@Mame,
Mame wrote:

Yeah, what I just said Smile

BUT with attaching the $$$ - hopefully he is in a position to financially support the child he so haphazardly made. At least have some useful purpose.
0 Replies