Does my girlfriend still have feeling for her ex?

becurse

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2015 08:35 pm
Hi,
I am starting to believe that my girlfriend might still have feelings for her ex even though she says she doesn't love him. She said that she started to like me back in November when we were both at a party together. I have always liked her but didn't want to say anything to her because has always been in a relationship. We were both at a club together about 2 months ago and we both said how we feel. She was still with her boyfriend at the time. She always used to talk to me about how her badly her boyfriend was treating her. For example, he always used to hang around with this other girl and make no effort with her. I honestly thought that she was using me for the same thing and didn't expect that she would actually break up with her boyfriend. About a week before she broke up with him, we spent a lot of time together. She said that she was trying to let herself hang around with other people seeing as though her previous boyfriend did the same to her. We both say how happy we are because of how things have turned out. However, she still keeps in touch with him every now and then and it makes me feel uncomfortable. We were talking today and she was saying that she had mixed feelings but she wouldn't say what her mixed feelings were for. I think she is hiding something from me. Our whole situation is weird because I met her through her ex boyfriend because I was friends with him. I had no intention of doing anything with her at the time because she was in a relationship. But it's always in the back of my mind that I am a rebound. She assured me that I wasn't on the day she broke up with her boyfriend and I had no choice but to believe her. Am I just being being paranoid about everything? What do you think?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 2,527 • Replies: 5
No top replies

vikorr

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2015 08:58 pm
@becurse,
Keh,
- you steal a girl from your friend...can you see the red flag here?
- she wanted to make him (the ex) pay...can you see the red flag here?
- she was doing it with you because he was doing it with another girl...can you see the red flag here?
- she complains about how badly he treated her, but still stayed with him...can you see the red flag here?
- having treated her badly, she still keeps in touch with him...can you see the red flag here?
- she complains of mixed feelings but won't tell you what they are...can you see the red flag here?

Take a step back from what 'you want' and look at it for what it is.
PUNKEY

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2015 09:06 pm
There's a part of her that is being pulled back to him, but it does not seem to be enough to leave you for - yet.

You two need to talk. Find out if these feelings are enough for her to want to go back to him. If yes, then let her go. If no, then insist that she cut off all contact with him, out of respect for you.

She had not yet healed before you two got so serious. Your mistake was moving too fast with someone who was not ready.

0 Replies

becurse

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2015 09:15 pm
@vikorr,
I didn't tell her what to do at all. I honestly thought she wasn't going to break up with him. I was just seeing her as a friend when we were hanging out before she broke up with him. She told me that I made her realize that she didn't love him anymore. She also said that her relationship with him was over like 3 months ago emotionally but she didn't want to go through the pain of a breakup. I really don't know to think. I am really happy right now and she says she is too. I'm gonna have to talk to her about things.
0 Replies

LOCKed1

Reply Tue 9 Jun, 2015 12:01 am
@becurse,
I want your GF
0 Replies

Anna in love

Reply Tue 9 Jun, 2015 12:25 pm
@becurse,
becurse, I trully think that if you want to stay with her in future, you should fight for her. But do not push her, speaking about her ex, just try to do as many pleasent things as possible: give her flowers, make her dreams come true. She will notice that!
0 Replies