Home remedies for spider bits/venom?

Reply Fri 7 Aug, 2015 07:19 am
Yesterday opening my living room sliding door a spider let out a itty bitty battle cry and leaped from its' perch onto my head (or that's how I imagined it anyway hehe.) Thankfully my hair is kept short so I felt it, shook my head, and saw a disturbing dark colored, possibly black spider on the carpet. Grabbing a brick used for bookeneds from the shelf I clobbered it quickly only then realizing I probably should tried figuring out the species.

Then naturally I had a nightmare about it later that evening. And waking up this AM was surprised to see yet another even larger spider between wall and ceiling. Being just out of reach I wondered how I could squish it. Flyswatter in hand I dragged it along into the arachnid figuring if nothing else I could knock it onto the floor and end it there. Unfortunately (predictably hehe) I only knocked it down behind my computer desk and now there's a woudned and presumedly very pissed off venomous bug somewhere. Not a good thought for us barefoot types. I just hope they dont take things personally and hatch plans for retribution. Smile

So as a safety measure I"m wondering about home remedies for typically encountered midwest domestic spider species. Brown recluse for example. Have gotten at least 4 such bites over the years here, 3 on my face (and the implcations of those keep me from dozing off for days afterwords hehe.)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 930 • Replies: 3

jespah

Reply Fri 7 Aug, 2015 09:09 am
@HesDeltanCaptain,
The home remedy for a brown recluse spider bite is to not **** around and go to the Emergency Room.
roger

Reply Fri 7 Aug, 2015 03:44 pm
@HesDeltanCaptain,
Not to worry. Spiders have a notoriously short attention span.
0 Replies

HesDeltanCaptain

Reply Sat 8 Aug, 2015 07:08 am
@jespah,
Big baby. As I said I've been bitten at least 4 times by those. Smile
0 Replies