Does Teresa Heinz-Kerry Make You Feel Creepy?

blatham

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2004 05:51 pm
avis

You are mad at her because you didn't know where Mozambique was located? Or because she speaks a bunch of languages? Or because she wears something designed by a foreigner?
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2004 06:02 pm
Re: Teresa "my home is Mozambique" Heinz-Kerry
avis wrote:
I think she hates America and Americans.

What did she say to make you think so? You only mentioned that she was born abroad, speaks foreign languages and wore Chanel - is that enough reason to presume that someone "hates America and Americans"?

avis wrote:
I guess its time for me to leave my Democratic roots and head to the Republicans.

Did you vote for Al Gore and Clinton? Or have you left your Democratic roots some time ago already?

Welcome to A2K, by the way.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2004 03:33 pm
Well, the Boston Convention (speech and "shove it" comment included) doesn't seem to have harmed Theresa Heinz-Kerry's reputation ... if anything, she's better liked now, according to the polls.

ABC News/Washington Post Poll. July 30-Aug. 1 (compared to July 22-25)

"Regardless of how you might vote, please tell me if you have a favorable or unfavorable impression of Teresa Heinz Kerry, or perhaps you don't know enough to say."

34% (+7) Favorable
24% (-2) Unfavorable

42% (-5) No Opinion

CNN/USA Today/Gallup Poll. July 30-31 (compared to July 19-21)

"We'd like to get your overall opinion of some people in the news. As I read each name, please say if you have a favorable or unfavorable opinion of these people -- or if you have never heard of them. How about Teresa Heinz Kerry."

44% (+13) Favorable
30% (+11) Unfavorable

26% (-24) Never Heard Of / No Opinion
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2004 06:53 pm
nimh wrote:
Well, the Boston Convention (speech and "shove it" comment included) doesn't seem to have harmed Theresa Heinz-Kerry's reputation ... if anything, she's better liked now, according to the polls.

ABC News/Washington Post Poll. July 30-Aug. 1 (compared to July 22-25)

"Regardless of how you might vote, please tell me if you have a favorable or unfavorable impression of Teresa Heinz Kerry, or perhaps you don't know enough to say."

34% (+7) Favorable
24% (-2) Unfavorable

42% (-5) No Opinion

CNN/USA Today/Gallup Poll. July 30-31 (compared to July 19-21)

"We'd like to get your overall opinion of some people in the news. As I read each name, please say if you have a favorable or unfavorable opinion of these people -- or if you have never heard of them. How about Teresa Heinz Kerry."

44% (+13) Favorable
30% (+11) Unfavorable

26% (-24) Never Heard Of / No Opinion

Isn't a bit ridiculous that national polls are being taken about Mrs Heinz Kerry (can't forget the "Heinz")

She's intelligent, she's opinionated, she's very rich, and she's odd.

I've now said all that I'm going to say about her... until she commits another faux pas.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2004 07:14 pm
I'm a little concerned that avis thinks first ladies are elected.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2004 08:34 pm
finn said
Quote:
Isn't a bit ridiculous that national polls are being taken about Mrs Heinz Kerry

Ain't it. The exciting new world of political discourse. The '76 movie Network looks increasingly prescient.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2004 06:13 am
They'll poll anything ... and you can bet the campaigns read this stuff, too ...
0 Replies

fremantle

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2004 06:21 am
Network.....I'm as mad as hell and I'm not gonna take it...her her her

Who could blame her if she hated Americans look what they have done to Iraq!!!
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2004 07:02 am
a rather wonderful piece here...

continued here
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2004 08:00 pm
My man Fitz

http://www.azstarnet.com/ss/2004/08/01/32082.gif
0 Replies