Affirmative action

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2003 05:36 pm
Lash, Right on! We need Powell to keep some semblance of sanity in this administration. c.i.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2003 05:46 pm
REALLY interesting article, BillW. Thanks. And thanks to snood for bringing it up -- didn't know that.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2003 05:54 pm
sozobe, did you also notice in the article JC constantly admonishing the leadership for doing nothing but lip service but he was one of the few who stood solidly behind Lott. It was a very interesting article, one that can go and a diverse number of threads!
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2003 05:56 pm
Snood says
Quote:
Interesting. I'd give a lot to know the real psychology that makes whites want him to stay, but blacks on this forum give more credence to the honor Powell could gain by walking out.

How do you know that? Aside from you and only because you have made it known I have know idea what race people are. And frankly I don't think it matters.

As for quitting. Would you quit your job if you didn't like your bosses policies. Hell I worked in middle mgmt. and many the time I walked out of a meeting with the director with my fists clenched because I disagreed with him even to the point where I was ready to quit. Evil or Very Mad But I didn't. Why, because quitting would solve nothing. Rolling Eyes I am sure that Powell feels the same way, that is, quitting would solve nothing.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2003 06:06 pm
snood, au - As a matter of fact, it is very important that Powell does not quit, he is the only sanity and good in the administration (in this top level of foreign policy).
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2003 06:25 pm
How do you know that? Aside from you and only because you have made it known I have know idea what race people are. And frankly I don't think it matters.

As for quitting. Would you quit your job if you didn't like your bosses policies. Hell I worked in middle mgmt. and many the time I walked out of a meeting with the director with my fists clenched because I disagreed with him even to the point where I was ready to quit. Evil or Very Mad But I didn't. Why, because quitting would solve nothing. Rolling Eyes I am sure that Powell feels the same way, that is, quitting would solve nothing.[/quote]

Yeah I know, I know, Au. You and the Republicans keep saying race does not, or should not matter. One more time - I didn't make the rules - race matters. That's reality. And as for drawing an analogy between me quitting a job if I didn't like my boss' policies, and Colin Powell, who has been paraded as the incarnate proof of the Republicans' colorblindness, and who is the Secretary of freakin' State of the United States of America, I just don't think that flies too well.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2003 06:39 pm
snood, People have forgotten how to live with a little disagreements now and then. If you don't like what the boss is doing, you need to communicate why his/her actions are not proper. If you are unable to communicate with your boss, something is drastically wrong. c.i.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2003 06:43 pm
Snood
I am not now nor have I ever been a republican. Further no party claims my allegiance I make up my own mind.
Is it a colorblind society? No! Is there such a thing? Again no. However, we have to live our lives based upon what we are and have in common not based on the differences.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2003 07:32 pm
au, There was a very interesting program on a PBS channel last night about this scientist that tracked all the races from Africa to Australia, Asia, Europe, and Native Americans. He tracked it through the male DNA that doesn't change from generation after generation. As you say, people still haven't learned to understand we're from the same genetic background. c.i.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2003 07:33 pm
CI - you're talking about Colin and Shrub as if they are the asst manager and manager of the local mickey-d's.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2003 08:08 pm
I am? I've said in previous posts that I think Colin should stay, and Shrub is - well, Shrub. Shrub's advisors aren't doing a very good job, because as his popularity is dropping, he keeps his eyeballs fixed on Iraq instead of our economy. c.i.
0 Replies

trespassers will

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2003 11:51 pm
BillW wrote:
Looks like Watts both felt like and was slighted by the Republican leadership, IMHO!

Shame. He seems like a good man.
0 Replies