@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
may I make a decision tree to help you understand

Sure.

farmerman wrote:
1REMAIN AS SET TO YOUR SOLIDLY HELD "one issue" BELIEFS
2 WIN ELECTIONS
(choose 1)

So you are saying that the Republicans will lose elections if they continue to support civil rights??

If so, that is incorrect. The Republicans will never lose an election because of their support for civil rights.

In fact, the very opposite is just about to happen. The Democrats are going to lose the 2016 election because of the 2013 gun control debacle.

And then once that happens, the Supreme Court is going to swing WAY to the right. It won't be too long now before people start thinking of Justice Scalia as "one of the old moderates".
farmerman

Reply Sat 25 Jul, 2015 02:37 am
@oralloy,
You still dont see.
All you are doing is defining "civil rights" as it pertains to the 2nd AMendment.

0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 25 Jul, 2015 05:55 am
@oralloy,
Oralloy predicted that the Democrats will lose the 2016 election...and then wrote:

Quote:
...once that happens, the Supreme Court is going to swing WAY to the right. It won't be too long now before people start thinking of Justice Scalia as "one of the old moderates".

I hope everyone here who claims to champion a progressive agenda...and yet is doing as much as possible to damage and vilify Dem candidates...

...reads this, Oralloy.

You hit the nail squarely on its head here.

If the Dems lose the 2016 election...the SCOTUS will swing WAY, WAY, WAY to the right...and it truly will not be too long before people start thinking of Scalia and Thomas as moderates.

In fact...let me put it in large font so it cannot be missed:

Quote:
...once that happens, the Supreme Court is going to swing WAY to the right. It won't be too long now before people start thinking of Justice Scalia as "one of the old moderates".
RABEL222

Reply Sat 25 Jul, 2015 11:51 am
@Frank Apisa,
Could Oralboy be one or both of the Koches?
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 25 Jul, 2015 11:54 am
@RABEL222,
I doubt it...

...but the point he was making IS VALID.

If the Dems lose this election...if the Republicans win...

...they will control the Senate, the House, the White House...

...and in a short time...the Supreme Court.

These people who are damaging Dem chances ought to figure out some other way to cause trouble, because this one is a doozey.
RABEL222

Reply Sat 25 Jul, 2015 10:39 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Yes. They dont seem to remember that a republican Supreme Court has stolen one election from us already. What the hell will it be like with 7 republicans on the court. Are you ready for your surf status? Well maybe they will give us a 5 by 10 plot to raise vegies on.
gungasnake

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2015 02:43 am
Trump is basically a success story, who has held and succeeded at real jobs. Last demoKKKrat pol you could say that about was probably FDR...
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2015 02:49 am
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:

Trump is basically a success story, who has held and succeeded at real jobs. Last demoKKKrat pol you could say that about was probably FDR...

He is a guy born on third base...

...and people like you want to credit him with a triple.

Get real!
0 Replies

andy31

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2015 02:53 am
@RABEL222,
Ooooh!! Aren't you leftiest runing scared now huh??!!
You busters! You know what's cooking! I'm just reading all your posts here and you remind me a wild bees as if someone would poke their nest with a stick. he he he. ...
Are we having fun yet??? Well if not... you just wait another couple of months. Trump is just warming up. And if you didn't learn any lessons from him yet, than at least take this:
this man is NOT going to dance to nobody's music. Rules has just changed! He is the one who will play the music now, and he will apologize to no one. He will teach you a top dancing on the fast track! Lol
This country has too many enemies within. They are all hiding behind liberal and progressive agendas like a cancer, and waiting to strike, to destroy America, and turn it into 3rd world-like country, full of low IQ easy to manipulate and eazy to controll people.
I frankly see Donald Trump as a dose of chemo therapy for this country destroying all the infected cells. That's right! In fact I see left as a cancer and GOP as an infected organ.

This time the party that stands for America, GOP, has really excellent selection of good contenders.
The ones I am impressed with the most is Trump and Cruz. Dem's have no one worthy to pay any attention to.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2015 02:58 am
@andy31,
Trump is a big-mouth, uncouth, angry, shoot-from-the-hip, elitist phony. He is a man who would bring shame to the office of the presidency...and to the nation as a whole.

Cruz is not quite as classy as Trump.

I can understand why you and other American conservatives find them attractive...and want one of them as president.

They are what American conservatives look for and desire.
andy31

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2015 03:35 am
@Frank Apisa,
No one can match, or even get close matching Obama of bringing shame to this nation, Frank.

Both Trump and Cruz have some flaws, but their agenda and baldness what moving people. For example, Trump is wrong with his intentions to punish GM by imposing tariff on their parts made in Mexico: The very reason for them going to Mexico is our idiotic laws making difficult or impossible to build any factories and make a profit. Mostly of course imposed by our foolish Obama distructive policys. So bring the laws to more sensible level - and they all come back.
Tariffs on them will initiate tariffs on us and thus tariff war.

But at least Trump would definitely surround himself with the best, smarters advisors on the planet. Unlike Obama, surrounded by traders, ex- criminals, and idiots like this fool Sharpton. No wonder his presidency is a total disaster! What he gave us?! Obama care?? Absolutely the worst thing that could happen to this country!
Setanta

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2015 03:44 am
@andy31,
Surely you don't allege that English is your native language? If you do, i'd have to say that you are very poorly educated. Your drum beat of blaming Mr. Obama for anything and everything you don't like about the American economy is clear evidence of partisan hysteria. Trump and Cruz are a pair of clowns, and i could think of nothing better for the Democrats than that one of them would get the nomination.

http://crooksandliars.com/files/images/15/03/cruz-palin-2016.jpg
Ionus

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2015 03:44 am
This whole thread is typical of USA political threads . Wild accusations, unsupported claims, opinion as absolute fact, no middle ground or compromise, and either paradise of hell at the end of the vote . Why are USAians so full of hatred about politics ?

In Oz, they had to make voting compulsory because no one showed up at the polls . Perhaps because it is everyone voting, we rarely get our blood lust up over it like you guys . We tend to vote the left in to spread the wealth, and then the right to fix the economy and balance the books . We switch them every decade or so, quicker if they are fools .
0 Replies

andy31

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2015 03:55 am
@Frank Apisa,
Now left fighting so hard to bring and have here all those 3rd worlders just because they vote 80% dems.
This is as low as you can go!!!! Who the f.... Obama was elected by and was sworn to protect ? ... us citizens or some banana republic and Mexican rejects? I will never understand how US President can betrade his own people. .. and get away with it!!!!
But... the whole other level of shocking reality is that the very same people that he is pissing on, still support him and defend him!! What the hell is going on with that??!!
Well.. I quess, as they say, stupidity has no boundaries.
0 Replies

andy31

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2015 04:18 am
@Setanta,
Setanta, go to hell with your english.
... no I've never allege that English was my native language, and considering that I'm doing pretty damn well, in my humble opinion.... or we can switch to my native language and we will see how you will perform.
As to the Trump and Cruz, you should be careful what you wish for. You might get just that, and I guarantee if you are leftist, you ain't going to be happy!
As a little reminder, Trump didn't make his billions from being clown.
Setanta

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2015 05:14 am
@andy31,
Your native language is not the common language of the United States, the politics of which constitute the topic of the thread--so how well i would perform in that language, if at all, is not relevant.

Leaving aside that making lots of money from questionable real estate transactions is not necessarily a qualification for the office of President, you have no idea what i wish for, nor even if i am what you seem to consider an insult, which is to say, a "leftist." You should go into track and field--you're very good at jumping to conclusions, at least.
Setanta

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2015 05:17 am
@andy31,
By the way, if you think you are doing "pretty damned well" in English, your opinion is not only humble, it is deluded. The Chinese gentleman who runs the corner store in this neighborhood has only been here five years, and his English is far superior to yours, and he makes a good living while using it--which seems to be one of the few feeble criteria you have for success.
farmerman

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2015 08:21 am
@andy31,
Quote:
Trump didn't make his billions from being clown
Yeh, he got it the old fshioned way.
He merely supplemented his income with his clown gigs
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2015 08:35 am
@andy31,
andy31 wrote:
or we can switch to my native language and we will see how you will perform.

Setanta has been called lots of things, but I don't think anyone's ever called him Doctor Doolittle.