Nothing says lovin' like a little huggin'
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,601 • Replies: 66
No top replies

astromouse

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2004 02:06 am
By the way Dick Cheney sends his regards.....
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2004 02:14 am
I like especially the remark about Kerry's "four month in Vietnam" in relation to President Bush's remarkable success there.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2004 05:26 am
LOL how low can you sink ...

Homophobia and the Frenchophobic shtick all rolled into one uptight, nasty bit of non-humour ... the whole "monsieur" Kerry thing alone! if this is the voice of the American right, they deserve to lose on points of style and sympathy alone ...

Remember when Tory chairwoman Theresa May called her own party "the nasty party", in an attempt to warn her flock of the way it started to look? Yeah. Xactly.

One compliment tho. In terms of compacting as many out-there smear insinuations into as concise a condensation of words as possible, its a diligent piece of agitprop ...
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2004 05:27 am
He acquired all those medals in just four months?

That's amazing, isn't it?
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2004 05:28 am
Walter Hinteler wrote:
I like especially the remark about Kerry's "four month in Vietnam" in relation to President Bush's remarkable success there.

Not to mention Cheney's ...
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2004 05:34 am
Until quite recently I thought Bush would win. But the polls, Michael Moore and articles like this suggest to me the tide is turning.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2004 05:35 am
nimh wrote:
LOL how low can you sink ...

You mean to quote from The Washington Times?

Well, sometimes you have to quote even such papers, if only to prove, like Foxfyre certainly wanted, the low level of such a paper, here with the words of its editor in chief.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2004 05:37 am
Definitely the same sex marriage ticket.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2004 05:38 am
Speaking of sinking low:

0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2004 05:45 am
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Speaking of sinking low:

Joke, Walter, joke.... :wink:
0 Replies

Redheat

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2004 06:15 am
Quote:
to contrast with the chilly Republican images projected by George W. Bush and Dick Cheney, who keep their legs crossed and their hands to themselves at all times. No one imagines George W. inspecting Dick Cheney's cheek for razor burn in anticipation of a friendly kiss to greet the day.

Now are we talking the same Dick Cheney who had to hold Bush's hand in their 9.11 testimony?

Is this the same Dick Cheney that ran the country after 9.11 because his little bushie sat frozen in the classroom not knowing what to do? I mean know one told him where to go, what to say and Cheney was too busy.

Of course there's a chilly image do you often take your brain out and talk to it? and we all know that Cheney is Bush's brain.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2004 06:23 am
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Well, sometimes you have to quote even such papers, if only to prove, like Foxfyre certainly wanted, the low level of such a paper, here with the words of its editor in chief.

That was from its editor in chief?!

Shocked

OK, there's one newspaper I'll never take seriously again.

Imagine that, say, the NYTimes (just to come up with one of those much-maligned liberal media), wrote an editorial full of tasteless puns on Bush's sexuality, foreign loyalties, etc. Imagine the outrage. Yet we are still to believe newspapers like this one provide a reasonable alternative to the "liberal media"? Way out ...
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2004 06:31 am
http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20040709/i/r1261949189.jpg
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2004 06:39 am
It is really very simple. Kerry brought Edwards in as veep candidate in order to counter the perception of him as a stolid, anal retentive, dullard. One of the few things that the political naif Edwards has going for him is "charisma" (you should pardon the expression).

When the two of them were running in the primaries for president, it was obvious that the two of them didn't particularly care for each other. Now they are joined at the hip.

It's all hype, kids. But the media will have a blast with the pics!
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2004 06:42 am
I dunno, that picture, looks like Vlad is about to get some fresh blood in the campaign....
0 Replies

Redheat

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2004 06:51 am
McGentrix wrote:
I dunno, that picture, looks like Vlad is about to get some fresh blood in the campaign....

I dunno but this kind of rhetoric gives off an "insecure of ones masculine side or threat to it" kind of ring.

Really is this the kind of issues the Republicans are going to run on? The " I am uncomfortable with men being that close" platfrom. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2004 06:57 am
It's interesting. I really wonder what the effect (if any) the pics will have on the swing voters. I still think that many men are uncomfortable, if not completely turned off, by obvious shows of physical affection between two men, whether it is genuine or not. Other people, who may see through the staged affection as an obvious political ploy, may be turned off too. Most of the folks who are comfortable with the pictures, IMO, would have voted for Kerry anyway.

[quote]Really is this the kind of issues the Republicans are going to run on?[/quote]

If the Republicans are smart, there will be no comment about this from them.

Stay tuned!
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2004 07:03 am
I think the White House is pleasantly surprised, laughing its collective arse off. Why do the Republicans to "do" anything right now?

They're gaining in the polls simply because of the Keystone Cops element of the Dem ticket! Save it for the fall.
0 Replies

Redheat

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2004 07:15 am
Brand X wrote:
I think the White House is pleasantly surprised, laughing its collective arse off. Why do the Republicans to "do" anything right now?

They're gaining in the polls simply because of the Keystone Cops element of the Dem ticket! Save it for the fall.

What polls would those be? The ones beaming to you from fantasy island?
0 Replies