Those Lovable Democrats

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2004 08:35 pm
ROFL....I love it. Smile

But careful Ehbeth....you'll give those uncompassionate Republicans a touchy feely image too. Smile
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2004 08:46 pm
More fun for Fox ...

http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:jaQ3fPN7OYgJ:http://www.macalester.edu/~bgnagy/rhetoric/Images/BushNColeman_hug.gif

(very, very suggestive, that one ...)

----

http://www.dispatch.co.za/2002/06/29/foreign/Images/BUSHP1.JPG

----

and this would be the one where some lame-ass moveon.org'er would paste in some "mommas boy" caption ...:

http://quest.cjonline.com/images/011501/hug.jpg

<shrugs>
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2004 08:49 pm
I'm not worried about it, foxfyre. Republican/Democrat - they're all political conservatives to me.

and the photoshoppers love the current lads in the house ...
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2004 08:54 pm
They're amusing in a kind of high-school yearbook* way, but not something I would accept in a newspaper/magazine for adults.

*speaking as a very silly former high school yearbook editor, responsible for many stupid comments about teachers
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2004 08:55 pm
Hmm. I was struggling with the caption to go with the Prez and the black gentleman, but no, the last one isn't okay--only actual photographs are cricket. Nice physiques though.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Tue 13 Jul, 2004 12:48 pm

Normally I ignore Matt Drudge. If you pay him too much attention, you just start to feel slimy yourself, like you need to go run and take a shower.

If you can wade through his lies and innuendo he'll occasionally have something that is legitimately newsworthy (he broke the news about the WaPo's story on DeLay and the Enron memos the night before it ran in the paper itself; I quoted him in the thread here titled "Hammer Gets Nailed").

But Drudge is typical of Republican gays in the media and government who shore up right-wing leaders that advance an anti-gay agenda.

Right now Bush and the Congressional Republicans are trying to exploit "class value" wedge issues by promoting an anti-gay marriage Constitutional Amendment, one that they know will never be affirmed by enough states to become law.

It is political opportunism at its most base.

So how does Drudge, who has been outed by a variety of people, rationalize his self-loathing anti-gay innuendo?

Last week, he headlined a series of photos (this is a .pdf of the page from July 8) that tries to imply that Kerry and Edwards aren't "real men" because of the photos he posts showing them patting each other on the back and so forth. In this weird cover story, Drudge breathlessly fanned the flames of gay-effeminate prejudices:

Quote:
"Hugs, kisses to the cheek, affectionate touching of the face, caressing of the back, grabbing of the arm, fingers to the neck, rubbing of the knees...

John Kerry and John Edwards can't keep their hands off each other!

In the past 48 hours, 'candidate handling' has become the top buzz on the trail."

Of course, the photos of Kerry and Edwards are just your standard political glad-handing, arm-in-arm, patting the back stock-and-trade. Every politician engages in such gestures. If you look at photos of Bush with other male politicians, he's a regular "touchy-feely" kind of guy. Just take a look at this group of pictures, for example.

Once again: how can Drudge, an outed gay man, post a totally slimy gay exploitative piece that doesn't even make any sense in the context of run-of-the-mill male political body contact?

Because he's just another GOP slimeball hypocrite, that's how.
0 Replies

Redheat

Reply Tue 13 Jul, 2004 01:01 pm
I don't have a pic but several Bush clips over the past couple of days show Bush infront of a SS man who is oh so very slightly placing BOTH hands on his hips.

:wink:

Talk about being lovable.
0 Replies