Those Lovable Democrats

revel

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2004 07:35 am
Quote:
If the Republicans are smart, there will be no comment about this from them.

agreed.

It is a picture that would inspire those kinds of comments. But I hardly think that they are in love or anything, they probably were campaigning and showing that they were team or something. I think as a subject it is frivolous, but then most of the subject matters that the republicans bring up concerning our side are shallow ones that are not real issues.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2004 07:38 am
Redheat wrote:
Brand X wrote:
I think the White House is pleasantly surprised, laughing its collective arse off. Why do the Republicans to "do" anything right now?

They're gaining in the polls simply because of the Keystone Cops element of the Dem ticket! Save it for the fall.

What polls would those be? The ones beaming to you from fantasy island?

The ones you read when not in PDiddie denial orbit. :wink:
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2004 07:59 am
nimh wrote:
OK, there's one newspaper I'll never take seriously again.

You mean there was a time when you actually took the Washington Times seriously?
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2004 08:04 am
Hey, I dunno. I thought it was just another right-wing newspaper - its not that I looked up their site every week or something but when I saw something of theirs thats how I placed it. I didnt know it was just plain talk-radio-style loonie.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2004 08:12 am
Brand X wrote:
Redheat wrote:

Poll freak coming in ... and sorry, but I'm thinking "fantasy island" too, X.

Bush has been steadily gaining a couple of percentage points (nothing much, just a couple) over the past two weeks or so - perhaps thanks to the Saddam trial, perhaps the transfer of power or economic news. But these pics up here are from the last, what?, two days? There isnt much polling results going on from just the last two days that you could already look for their effect in, even if you'd think that was a worthwhile exercise. (I dont, because whatever negative effect the pics might conceivably have will be outmuddled by the traditional Veep bounce and Iraq goings on).

Anyway, for what its worth, Rasmussen does do a daily tracking poll, and its practically "flat": Bush and Kerry today both at 46%, compared to 47 to 45 for Bush yesterday and 47 to 46 for Bush the day before.
0 Replies

Redheat

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2004 08:51 am
nimh wrote:
Brand X wrote:
Redheat wrote:

Bush has been steadily gaining a couple of percentage points (nothing much, just a couple) over the past two weeks or so - perhaps thanks to the Saddam trial, perhaps the transfer of power or economic news. But these pics up here are from the last, what?, two days? There isnt much polling results going on from just the last two days that you could already look for their effect in, even if you'd think that was a worthwhile exercise. (I dont, because whatever negative effect the pics might conceivably have will be outmuddled by the traditional Veep bounce and Iraq goings on).

Anyway, for what its worth, Rasmussen does do a daily tracking poll, and its practically "flat": Bush and Kerry today both at 46%, compared to 47 to 45 for Bush yesterday and 47 to 46 for Bush the day before.

Exactly, it's a dead heat and essentially been so for the past several months. Everytime Bush gets a point his loyalist dance themselves silly with gloating. It's a few points people and usually within the margin of error.

Not to mention you have to look deeper at other indicators. Such as his "disapproval" which has grown to meet is approval. The % of undecided that is shrinking meaning that in a dead heat everyone is pretty much decided. What about the independent support? He's lost ground there along with the Hispanic vote in which he had a large % of support in 2000. Add to that the Arab vote in which again he enjoyed a great % of support in but now is losing.

So if you're going to quote popularity numbers and use this as support for Bush's landslide victory then you're not really paying attention. I don't think the polls are wroth a sh*t right now. Not to mention that the American people are a little phsyco when it comes to polls.

You have a majority who think the country is going in the wrong direction but yet the % of approval doesn't match. You have a majority who think we are not safer, that Iraq was a mistake and that it didn't help us fight terror but yet Bush enjoys a slight lead in National Security. You really have to wonder sometimes about these polls, it was the same in 2000. Either the pollsters are messing with the numbers or Americans on the whole are pretty screwed up.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2004 08:58 am
What a pathetic comment on the Right . . . were the best viable candidate for the job a formerly hermaphroditic transsexual cross-dressing poodle fancier, i'd vote for him/her/it . . . now here's substantive evidence of just how fearful the Right is of losing their favorite Mannikin-in-Chief . . .
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2004 11:37 am
Redheat wrote:
nimh wrote:
Brand X wrote:
Redheat wrote:

Exactly, it's a dead heat and essentially been so for the past several months. Everytime Bush gets a point his loyalist dance themselves silly with gloating. It's a few points people and usually within the margin of error.

Not to mention you have to look deeper at other indicators. Such as his "disapproval" which has grown to meet is approval. The % of undecided that is shrinking meaning that in a dead heat everyone is pretty much decided. What about the independent support? He's lost ground there along with the Hispanic vote in which he had a large % of support in 2000. Add to that the Arab vote in which again he enjoyed a great % of support in but now is losing.

So if you're going to quote popularity numbers and use this as support for Bush's landslide victory then you're not really paying attention. I don't think the polls are wroth a sh*t right now. Not to mention that the American people are a little phsyco when it comes to polls.

You have a majority who think the country is going in the wrong direction but yet the % of approval doesn't match. You have a majority who think we are not safer, that Iraq was a mistake and that it didn't help us fight terror but yet Bush enjoys a slight lead in National Security. You really have to wonder sometimes about these polls, it was the same in 2000. Either the pollsters are messing with the numbers or Americans on the whole are pretty screwed up.

A dead heat is the same as a loss in the Kerry camp, and a boost for Bush in light of the Edwards bounce expected.

As bad as this Admin sucks Kerry still couldn't be any flatter.
0 Replies

Redheat

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2004 11:41 am
Quote:
A dead heat is the same as a loss in the Kerry camp, and a boost for Bush in light of the Edwards bounce expected.

Ok, Rolling Eyes I can only assume that by this theory you mean that Jeb will again steal FL for Bush so a close vote count will again divert attention away from the theft. I admit with digust that you could very well be correct. Jeb is working diligently as we speak to ensure that his bro, takes FL with ease this time. The fix won't be so apparent this time.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2004 11:43 am
Redheat wrote:
Quote:

Ok, Rolling Eyes I can only assume that by this theory you mean that Jeb will again steal FL for Bush so a close vote count will again divert attention away from the theft. I admit with digust that you could very well be correct. Jeb is working diligently as we speak to ensure that his bro, takes FL with ease this time. The fix won't be so apparent this time.

Oh, boo hoo.....
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2004 11:45 am
As I stated in another post.

When you can't think of a way to attack your opponents, go for a cheap laugh by implying that they are fags.

Because that's funny. Right.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2004 12:23 pm
Okay simmer down Democrats. At least Daschle apparently isn't the touchy/feely type.

Quote:
Daschle denies hugging Moore
0 Replies

Redheat

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2004 12:32 pm
Kind of like all those congressman denying they knew they were CROWNING Rev. Moon. I guess the actual crown in their hand and his placing it on his head declaring himself "messiah" threw them! Rolling Eyes

Who gives a flying fig what Daschle said he did? Personally I think he needs to give up his post and put in a Democrat who still has a backbone.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2004 01:15 pm
Quote:
When you can't think of a way to attack your opponents, go for a cheap laugh by implying that they are fags.

Well I haven't seen that insinuation from anybody but the Kerry/Edwards side. The Bush/Cheney team has been ridiculed, jabbed, poked fun at, and parodied ad nauseum and those who lean toward voting for that team are expected to take it like men. (Even us women). Brand X used the best analogy I trhink. It is the keystone cops element of the current Democrat party that provides some welcome comic relief for the rest of us.
0 Replies

Redheat

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2004 01:21 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
Quote:

Well I haven't seen that insinuation from anybody but the Kerry/Edwards side. The Bush/Cheney team has been ridiculed, jabbed, poked fun at, and parodied ad nauseum and those who lean toward voting for that team are expected to take it like men. (Even us women). Brand X used the best analogy I trhink. It is the keystone cops element of the current Democrat party that provides some welcome comic relief for the rest of us.

You may have a point with that last line considering all the belly laughs Bush has provided us with concerning his verbal gaffes:

Quote:
We've got -- John Biagas is with us. John, thank you for coming. Newport News, Virginia. Newport News, Virginia. John purchased his business in 1997. He took a gamble and said, I'm going to buy the business from the previous owner. I think he said they might have had a million dollars' worth of sales in 1997 -- they're over $14 million now. That's pretty good growth, isn't it, in a five-year period of time?
-- Great, except that 1997 is seven years ago, Washington, D.C., July 2

Zarqawi has been a threat to lot of people... He recruits suiciders, orders suiciders, and has them attack on a regular basis.
-- Suiciders... Dubya can't let it go, Shannon, Ireland, Jun. 26, 2004

I mean, if you've ever been a governor of a state, you understand the vast potential of broadband technology, you understand how hard it is to make sure that physics, for example, is taught in every classroom in the state. It's difficult to do. It's, like, cost-prohibitive.
-- The Educator-in-Chief, like, speaks. Washington, D.C., Jun. 24, 2004

We don't want to discourage the innovators and those who take risks because they're afraid of getting sued by a lawsuit.
-- There's nothing quite like getting sued by a lawsuit, Washington, D.C., Jun. 24, 2004

But we've got a big border in Texas, with Mexico, obviously -- and we've got a big border with Canada -- Arizona is affected.
-- No matter how you slice it, this statement is geographically challenged, Washington, D.C., Jun. 24, 2004

It's amazing with the software that has been developed these days that enable a camera to distinguish the difference between a squirrel and a bomb.
-- When was the last time you saw a bomb scurrying about? Washington, D.C., Jun. 24, 2004

The Prime Minister brought up the Abu Garef ---- si -- situation.
-- By which he means "Abu Ghraib", Washington, D.C., Jun. 22, 2004

I got a million of em!

dubya speak

I hadn't really read those current quotes until after I posted them..............all I have to say is I'm laughing so hard I think I peed myself!
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2004 01:34 pm
I'll have to admit I've chuckled at a few of those myself, Redheat.

Also chuckled at these:

Quote:
"Bill Clinton's autobiography came out today. It's based on a true story." -Jay Leno

"Bill Clinton is everywhere now promoting his new book. I believe the last time Clinton did a media blitz like this it was to deny everything that's in this book." -David Letterman

"Bill Clinton's book went on sale today at long last. Earlier today hundreds of people waited outside of Barnes and Noble in the pouring rain for a chance to meet Bill Clinton. When asked if she minded the rain, one woman said, 'I'm meeting Bill Clinton. I just assumed my dress would get ruined.'" -Conan O'Brien

"I just read Bill Clinton's book. Hundreds of affairs, thousands of lies, lawsuits, subpoenas and then I got to page two." -Craig Kilborn

"Former President Clinton is everywhere right now. Earlier today Oprah Winfrey asked Bill Clinton if he has talked to Monica Lewinsky since the affair. Clinton responded, 'Are you kidding? I didn't talk to her during the affair.'" -Conan O'Brien

"A thousand people waited in line for an autographed copy of Bill Clinton's book. There was pushing, there was shoving, there was groping and that's just when Bill signed your book." -Craig Kilborn

"Bill Clinton was on 'Oprah' talking about the book. I guess tomorrow he's on Maury Povich doing one of those paternity test shows. ... In two days he's been on '60 Minutes,' he's been on 'Oprah,' tomorrow he's on 'Larry King.' The only thing he hasn't been on lately is Hillary." -Jay Leno

I loved it when Bill Clinton told Dan Rather the worst day of his life was the day he told Hillary the truth. Well, of course, it was. The first time you try anything it's always going to be difficult." -Jay Leno
0 Replies

Redheat

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2004 01:42 pm
Anyone else picture a bomb with a tail scurrying up a tree?

Or was that just me Shocked

Hey I find jokes about any politican funny! Difference is though that Bush was being serious.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2004 04:01 pm
I had posted this on McG's 'liberal rage' thread, but given the emphasis on attraction and attractiveness, I think it may be more appropriate here:

Quote:
It's now official: Bush has better hair than Kerry!

STERLING, Ill., July 8 /PRNewswire/ -- May the best candidate win, but
when it comes to the best presidential hair, George W. Bush has America's vote, according to Wahl Clipper Corporation's 2004 Grooming Survey and First Ever "Index" on men's grooming habits.

Despite John Kerry's recent claim that the Kerry-Edwards ticket has the
best hair, Wahl's survey found that the majority of Americans overwhelmingly voted for Bush's hair over Kerry's (Bush -- 51 percent; Kerry -- 30 percent; neither -- 10 percent; don't know -- 9 percent.)
"Wahl isn't choosing sides politically, but when it comes to what we know
best -- hair -- we're interested in what Americans think is a fitting
hairstyle for their president," said Pat Anello, Director of Marketing for
Wahl Clipper. "Whether you're running for president or running a busy
schedule, Wahl has innovative, quality products that make grooming easy."

The truth behind these and other hairy facts have been tabulated to form
Wahl's first annual Grooming Index, designed to benchmark the grooming
behavior and habits of American men (age 18 and over).
The survey, conducted by Opinion Research Corporation, is based on
telephone surveys of 1,009 adults, 18 and over (including 512 men) conducted between May 6-9, 2004 with a margin of error among all adults plus or minus three (3) percent (and a margin of error plus or minus four percent among men).
http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=109&STORY=/www/story/07-08-2004/0002207030&EDATE=
[/QUOTE]
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2004 04:14 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
Quote:

Well I haven't seen that insinuation from anybody but the Kerry/Edwards side.

Rrrright. Us liberals have been calling Bush and Cheney fags, eh? I can remember Bush being called pretty much everything thats bad and dirty under the sun by the Bush-haters on this board, but the "he's so gay" shtick wasn't among it.

Now here, however, we have the chief editor of the WT going after the Dems like this:

Quote:
The two Johns lock eyes frequently in deep contact and stop barely short of demonstrating what great kissers they may be. Monsieur Kerry might yet give us a demonstration of French kissing [..] No one imagines George W. inspecting Dick Cheney's cheek for razor burn in anticipation of a friendly kiss to greet the day. [..] after all [..] the veep is a man from Wyoming, where the wrong kind of familiarity can invite a swift and fatal case of lead poisoning.

Besides, says a Kerry spokesperson, "I think we're just seeing genuine affection between them." But he adds nervously, "I hope we do not see them wearing matching outfits when they ride bikes together this weekend."

No, you're right - not a hint of playing the real men vs pussies shtick here, no ... not a hint of trying to get a cheap laugh by spieling on how the other guy is just sooo gay. What a contrast with those classic men in the WH.

Fox, just a day or so ago you were claiming that there was no more homophobia in the Republican Party than among the Dems. I presume (tho with some perplexion) you were serious. Well, lessee which widely-circulated liberal newspaper next comes up with the "you cant take them seriously, they act so gay" line about Bush.

Hey, if even Eminem can say it, I'm sure the Reps can: "OK folks - enough with the gay jokes". Or you'll be looking pretty shameful ...
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2004 04:16 pm
Quote:
Daschle denies hugging Moore

Oh, thats just silly. Even if Moore was lying (which wouldnt surprise me).

I mean, what next? Rumsfeld denying he shook hands with Saddam?
0 Replies