Another Day Where We Do Not Know If Any Gods Exist Or Not!

onevoice

Tue 22 Sep, 2015 07:09 pm
@neologist,
Quote:
Are you saying that is you, Frank?

Lol!
0 Replies

izzythepush

Wed 23 Sep, 2015 01:24 am
@onevoice,
It's a terrible point, I've never known anyone blame God when a kid nicks a bar of chocolate. What sort of backward society would do that?
Frank Apisa

Wed 23 Sep, 2015 03:08 am
Stolen shamelessly from another forum where I post:

http://www.debatepolitics.com/attachments/religion-and-politics/67190506d1442969615-pope-vs-gop-pope-right-jpg

Yet another day where we do not know if gods exist or not!
izzythepush

Wed 23 Sep, 2015 04:42 am
@Frank Apisa,
That's twice you've screwed that up.
Frank Apisa

Wed 23 Sep, 2015 04:54 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

That's twice you've screwed that up.

If you get off thinking that...be my guest!

Careful of the keyboard!
onevoice

Wed 23 Sep, 2015 05:21 am
@izzythepush,
You missed the point complete Izzy. It is very natural to blame God when things go wrong... As we see it. Note I said natural,. Not right, justified, or OK. I have heard some doozies over the years. Probably even hollered out a few of them with some profanity thrown in there myself. It wasn't until I was able to separate my view of God, and His handy work (people) that I was able to see Him for who He really is, His love for what it really is, and His purposes for what they are. He does not purpose for bad things to happen to us. He never did.

Problem is man has decided it MUST be all his fault based merely on the fact He created us. That makes about as much sense as a child blaming their parent for getting in a car accident on the way home from the school, when it was caused by an idiot who just couldn't wait to respond to that text they just got. It's OK to be angry when something bad happens. But to blame someone not even involved in the happening of a situation is foolish.
izzythepush

Wed 23 Sep, 2015 05:23 am
@Frank Apisa,
Look at both occasions you've "shamelessly stolen" something from another forum. Have you printed an article? No, you've printed computer code. Ergo you've screwed up.

If you purposefully meant to post code, which is what you appear to be suggesting, you're an effing idiot.
izzythepush

Wed 23 Sep, 2015 05:25 am
@onevoice,
I've not missed the point. It's only natural to blame God when things go wrong if you're a bloody idiot.
onevoice

Wed 23 Sep, 2015 05:29 am
@izzythepush,
So... You just choose to direct that anger at people instead. I see.
izzythepush

Wed 23 Sep, 2015 05:35 am
@onevoice,
Who's directing anger? It's about taking responsibility.
Frank Apisa

Wed 23 Sep, 2015 05:40 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Look at both occasions you've "shamelessly stolen" something from another forum. Have you printed an article? No, you've printed computer code. Ergo you've screwed up.

If you purposefully meant to post code, which is what you appear to be suggesting, you're an effing idiot.

If you get off thinking that...fine with me.

But as I said...mind the keyboard.

Anyway...the idea...the notion...was stolen. Sorry I did not steal it the way you wanted me to steal it. But on the good side, I did give you an opportunity for a good time.
onevoice

Wed 23 Sep, 2015 05:48 am
@izzythepush,
Look at some of your recent posts Izzy. I told you there is a spirit behind everything. Yours is primarily anger. It's not so much about what you say, as it is about how you say it. You will never be able to force anyone to take responsibility for anything. It is something an individual needs to work out in their own heart.
izzythepush

Wed 23 Sep, 2015 06:02 am
@onevoice,
I'm sorry, but I don't take anything you say seriously, nor do I appreciate your pathetic attempt at psychoanalysis.

You may be happy with your sunshine and lollipops view of everything, just don't expect anyone else to give a monkeys.

Someone so incessantly cheerful is often trying to hide something, usually from themselves.
izzythepush

Wed 23 Sep, 2015 06:04 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

izzythepush wrote:

If you get off thinking that...fine with me.

But as I said...mind the keyboard.

Anyway...the idea...the notion...was stolen. Sorry I did not steal it the way you wanted me to steal it. But on the good side, I did give you an opportunity for a good time.

This is what you meant to write was it?

Frank Apisa wrote:

Stolen shamelessly from another forum where I post:

http://www.debatepolitics.com/attachments/religion-and-politics/67190506d1442969615-pope-vs-gop-pope-right-jpg

Yet another day where we do not know if gods exist or not!

I have to say

hasn't really changed my life nor raised a wry smile.
Leadfoot

Wed 23 Sep, 2015 07:17 am
@onevoice,
Quote:
It wasn't until I was able to separate my view of God, and His handy work (people) that I was able to see Him

Interesting observation. Me too. And then following that, I was finally able to see people too...
onevoice

Wed 23 Sep, 2015 07:20 am
@Leadfoot,
Yes! Exactly! Smile
0 Replies

Smileyrius

Wed 23 Sep, 2015 07:32 am
Quote:
He does not purpose for bad things to happen to us. He never did

I think the biggest problem with this is that bad things DO happen. Those who are suffering and who have had a belief in God would need a good enough reason as to why such a god would allow them to suffer if he had the power to stop it?

The big question you then have to deal with is, If his purpose was never for bad things to happen to us, what was his purpose and why is it not accomplished?

izzythepush

Wed 23 Sep, 2015 08:31 am
@Leadfoot,
I've always been able to see people.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Wed 23 Sep, 2015 09:15 am
@Smileyrius,
Quote:

If his purpose was never for bad things to happen to us, what was his purpose and why is it not accomplished?

While that was not his purpose or will, I think he knew very well that bad things would undoubtedly happen, and in the end would serve his purpose.
neologist

Wed 23 Sep, 2015 10:31 am
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot wrote:
. . . While that was not his purpose or will, I think he knew very well that bad things would undoubtedly happen, and in the end would serve his purpose.
That would make God responsible for 6000+/- years of unspeakable human misery, including the suffering of his own firstborn. Are you prepared to make that accusation?