American history: is this true?

MontereyJack

Reply Fri 26 Jun, 2015 01:10 pm
bookmark
0 Replies

carloslebaron

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2015 07:43 am
No doubt the aborigines in this land were defending their right to own what they inherited from ancestors, their food, their shelters.

No doubt that the religious Pilgrims turned into savage conquerors to acquire more land by abuse of power and better arms to destroy tribes of aborigines.

Trying to say different is to spread out big lies.

But this is how powerful families came to be powerful in the first place, because their first ancestors were savage bullies who took control of other people making them servants and slaves. This is the origin of the rich families and the feudalists of the past.

This nation was founded with the blood of innocent people who lived in this land for several generations. They might have wars between themselves, but wars is a common event even in ancient Europe and anywhere.

What the Pilgrims did was exactly the same: kill and conquer, because such is what humans do.

A flag reflects only who the killers and conquerors are, who the victims and losers are in each side of a battle. That is all what the flag reflects in reality.

And people just feel proud of the flag they carry.
Setanta

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2015 03:28 pm
@carloslebaron,
You speak as though you were an American. If you are, you're English is piss-poor, never mind what passes for thought in your head.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2015 03:47 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Shut up Miller, you ignorant jackass.

You seem annoyed by my presence? I believe you have no responsibility/authority to maintain the virtual neighborhood's attendees; or am I wrong? You call me an "ignorant jackass"; am I now?
Setanta

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2015 03:48 pm
@Foofie,
You've always been an ignorant jackass, Miller, and a dishonest bigot trying to hide behind your Foofie sock puppet.
Foofie

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2015 04:16 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

You've always been an ignorant jackass, Miller, and a dishonest bigot trying to hide behind your Foofie sock puppet.

I still say you seem to be annoyed by my presence. Is it something I said?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 28 Jun, 2015 02:24 am
You wish . . . that's the only reason you post here, MILLER>
Foofie

Reply Sun 28 Jun, 2015 03:22 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

You wish . . . that's the only reason you post here, MILLER>

Miller is much more educated than I am. But, thanks for the compliment.
Setanta

Reply Sun 28 Jun, 2015 03:27 pm
@Foofie,
No, Miller/Foofie, you are an ignorant jackass, and you only post here hoping to annoy people.
Foofie

Reply Sun 28 Jun, 2015 04:03 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

No, Miller/Foofie, you are an ignorant jackass, and you only post here hoping to annoy people.

No. I post here to share my views that do not represent the brain washing that many have had, as to how the world is, who ethically has a right to run the U.S., and who are possibly pretending to have the same goals for the country as those that don't waste their time interacting with the demographic that mostly presides over this forum. In my opinion, many in this forum reflect a mutual admiration society by those who would like to think they have arrived, so to speak. I am willing to share the "score," since I do not like to see delusion, possibly a worse delusion than believing in being Raptured Up at some point.

We really have had a different set of experiences. I just learned different lessons from my experiences.
Setanta

Reply Mon 29 Jun, 2015 03:10 am
@Foofie,
No, Miller, you are completely ignorant of history. You only post your bigoted, hateful point of view, and you do it in the hope of annoying people. Historical events are subject to verification, opinions don't count.

Your post had absolutely no relevance to the thread topic. You just wanted to, once again, spew your hatred of anyone is not Jewish and affluent.
Foofie

Reply Mon 29 Jun, 2015 06:42 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

No, Miller, you are completely ignorant of history. You only post your bigoted, hateful point of view, and you do it in the hope of annoying people. Historical events are subject to verification, opinions don't count.

Your post had absolutely no relevance to the thread topic. You just wanted to, once again, spew your hatred of anyone is not Jewish and affluent.

The interpretation of history is what the winner of wars has usually done. The facts don't change, just the interpretation. If this forum is supposed to be a venue to different opinions, then I'm in the right place; however, if someone decides that there should be thought police, since truth can only be objective, I might be in the wrong place. You are making accusations as to my motivations that could only be correct, if one is a mind reader.

As an example, observing the media, regarding the recent Supreme Court decision on LGBT marriage, I have listened to opinions from both sides. Both sides have an argument, and it is subjective as to which side one subscribes. That is really the way the U.S. should be, in that both sides have their say, without condemnation. Can you see that I have as much right to my opinion, or interpretation of an event, as you do in filling a post with nuanced history that might belabor your analysis, in some people's opinion, even though there is a dedicated coterie, in my opinion, that will appreciate your detailed history of an event.

Can I assume you were a history major? I was not.

You accusasation above of my being so "clannish" as to not likeing anyone outside of my ethnicity that has attained a certain affluence, is silly. Just to set the record straight. In the military I was fortunate enough to meet enough well educated WASPs to realize that the Gentiles back in NYC that I had met, were those that did not go to a good parochial school, and therefore, oftentimes were not as intelligent as the Jewish students. And, the smart parochial school students were quite clannish in their lives, just associating with those from a similar background. So, it's not that I have any hatred for anyone; I just learned that the movers and shakers in the U.S. are the WASPs that do not live in NYC anymore, for the most part. And, the alienation I met from the educated Catholic residents taught me that they are too clannish to bother with. Now this isn't spewing any hate; just sociology. You know the mentality that made for ethnic/religious enclaves above NYC, when the old neighborhoods changed.

Setanta

Reply Mon 29 Jun, 2015 06:51 pm
@Foofie,
Spare me the phony-baloney appeal to free speech, Miller, you hateful, bigoted bitch. I provided the historical facts, and named my sources. You just came and puked up your hateful opinion of any European who is not Jewish. You're a bigot, and hater.
Foofie

Reply Mon 29 Jun, 2015 07:07 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Spare me the phony-baloney appeal to free speech, Miller, you hateful, bigoted bitch. I provided the historical facts, and named my sources. You just came and puked up your hateful opinion of any European who is not Jewish. You're a bigot, and hater.

No different than an American of Irish ancestry that finds it hard to appreciate the British. Unfortunately, the Catholic Church spread the rationale for European anti-Semitism so well, throughout Europe, more than just a few yawned when they heard that Hitler committed genocide against ALL Jews.

You might not like my alienation from Gentile Europeans, but that is just the way it is; cause and effect. Other Jews might be more diplomatic in their thoughts towards European Gentiles. I might just be more honest than what many have come to expect from a secular Jew?

And, as long as we are discussing honesty, how many Catholics are quite alienated from Protestants, but in work environments try ever so hard to come off friendly, even though both might be aware of the charade (the friendliness is only superficial)?

And, how friendly are you to bible toting Evangelicals? Just because their beliefs do not mirror yours, you shouldn't be alienated from theirs. I guess you're not.

I will not spare you the "free speech phoney baloney," since I believe that is part of this country's history. It might be in the process of erosion, based on political correctness that the progressive left espouses?
GorDie

Reply Mon 29 Jun, 2015 08:52 pm
@Wilso,
The Americans did not just slaughter Indians. It was a WAR.
The Indians were attacking them. DO not forget that. They were trading with eachother, and then the Indians attacked the settlers, partially due to bandits and drunkards actions, but it was a WAR. not a Genocide... first of all.
second, it was not a matter of racism until the Indians demonstrated a savage war behaviour against a More Powerful and Advanced enemy (demonstrating stupidity which can be rationally judged as a trait worth discriminating against.).

2 facts you should remember. I am not against any ethnicity. I love all peoples. But you should at least be pragmatic.
0 Replies

GorDie

Reply Mon 29 Jun, 2015 08:56 pm
@Wilso,
Can I please have the information you were using as a reference to determine the Natives fought wars with the Vikings and were not descendants of them, or oblivious to their presence.

Vikings are the descendants of Mother Russia. They made it to Norway and had no where to go but the many sea islands. They built ships. Discovered Denmark. Discovered Scotland and Ireland. Iceland and Canada. They were not the settlers of Europe.

But I would love to see the evidence that Natives were in contact with Vikings.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Mon 29 Jun, 2015 09:02 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
Not a hateful word in it this post . Always a pleasure to read ...
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2015 02:07 am
@Foofie,
You're not practicing free speech so much as you're just spewing more of your bigoted hatred. Now you're hoping to get a rise by dragging in Americans of Irish descent. Once again, you just come here, MILLER, to spread your bigoted hatred, and in the hope of annoying people. You really are pathetic.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2015 02:08 am
My little dog knows more about the history of North American than this joker calling himself GorDie.
Foofie

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2015 10:52 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

You just wanted to, once again, spew your hatred of anyone is not Jewish and affluent.

Do you mean I only like affluent Jews? Are you implying that I am affluent? Is that why at 19 I was 1A draft status, not being in college, like many a Jewish boychick? Actually, affluent Jews would have nothing to do with me, since I am not one of them. I just value educated people, of any background, except when they are part of a clannish demographic that only pretends to be friendly with those outside their group. That reflects very often educated Catholics in NYC. It seems to me that a parochial school education confers a degree of alienation from many other groups in society, at least in the NYC environs, perhaps because Catholics are top dog politically in NYC, and they see other groups as possible contenders?

I think you misconstrue the true attitude of many Jews, myself included, in that many do not feel friendly towards many other people, as one is supposed to be as a good Christian. It's not hate; just avoidance due to being wary. The act of avoidance in NYC does incur much resentment amongst others. But, would it be the fault of Jews if their ancestry was always literate, and other demographics are only a century away from illiteracy oftentimes? Call this a superiority complex if you like, but that difference does make for much antagonism, based on not liking anyone that just might think they are "smart." One of the benefits of being a smart WASP in America; lower class Catholics might just avoid them, while they might rail against the supposed "smart Jew."

But, it really is not your charge to maintain the correct thinking on this forum. It really does not matter what I or anyone thinks.

Regardless, thank you for the insight that many Gentiles might just sort Jews into those that are affluent and those that are not affluent. Jews sort themselves into those that are college educated and those that are not. Also, those that are accomplished in some field, and those that are not. Affluence is really just a by product of one's education and abilities - that is what matters for many an American Jew, in my opinion. And, since the world is Gentile, Jews really are not jealous of successful Gentiles; more often jealous of each other, if they are jealous of anyone. Do you remember the wedding scene in Private Benjamin when a (Jewish) male relative was lamenting his marginal success in life. What would be the equivalent in some other demographics? Not ever getting the right civil service job?