I would like my boyfriend to move out of our apartment.

Reply Tue 9 Jun, 2015 12:38 am
I have been living in an apartment with my boyfriend for a little over 8 months. Our names are both on the lease. We have a son together, who is 1 and a half...but for the sake of my child, I don't want to be with his dad any longer. He was fired from his job a few months ago, and has not attempted to find another one AT ALL (and has not contributed financially for several months). He also has admitted to using drugs outside of our home, does not clean up after himself, and is EXTREMELY loud when he gets upset. Being that we are in an upstairs apartment, and have been arguing more and more recently..I am afraid of losing my home, and most importantly, my SONS home. I would like for him to leave, but since he is on the lease, I am unsure of my rights. Can anyone offer some advice on how to deal with this issue?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,817 • Replies: 1
No top replies

jespah

Reply Tue 9 Jun, 2015 05:50 am
@madelynrose,
Since we don't know what country you're in, it's not easy to advise you. How about enlisting the help of your landlord? If your boyfriend is using drugs, the landlord probably doesn't want the guy anywhere near the property, even if all usage and dealings are done offsite.
0 Replies