Gay Couples:Marriage is Not a Right

Ionus

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2015 10:40 pm
If loving adults want polygamy who are you bigots to stop them ? Its Marriage Rights . If you do want to stop them, then clearly you are anti-civil rights .
Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 9 Jun, 2015 12:26 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:
This is a homosexual forum anyway, in case you havent guessed . ... You are all very fine Nazis indeed .

In all the 13 years that I'm here, I've totally missed that it is a homosexual forum.

But just to get facts correct: homosexuals were among the first to get imprisoned by the Nazis in the concentration camps, the third largest group there.
FBM

Reply Tue 9 Jun, 2015 01:34 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Let it never be claimed that I shied away from asking stupid questions: What was the second largest group? POWs?
Ionus

Reply Tue 9 Jun, 2015 02:51 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
I've totally missed that it is a homosexual forum.
Do a head count.

Nazis are against freedom of expression and must exclude people from the group. These two things are essential or they cant move on to greater evils. I dont see why they have to hate homosexuals unless they want to copy exactly the 1930's version.

Have you never met any homosexuals who were sickened by the idea of heterosex ? I have met plenty.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Tue 9 Jun, 2015 02:53 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
But just to get facts correct: homosexuals were among the first to get imprisoned by the Nazis in the concentration camps, the third largest group there.
As anyone looked into if this cut down in the number of homos in the next generation? That might be the key to some factual information on whether this is a genetic affliction or not.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 9 Jun, 2015 03:22 am
@hawkeye10,
Homosexuality is not an affliction, gross stupidity coupled with delusions of grandeur most definitely is. Instead of pontificating about gays you should seek help for your acute shitwittery, maybe there's a pill or something you could take.
Ionus

Reply Tue 9 Jun, 2015 03:27 am
@izzythepush,
Of course it is an affliction. It is not normal and produces problems. What else can you call it ?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 9 Jun, 2015 03:28 am
@FBM,
FBM wrote:
Let it never be claimed that I shied away from asking stupid questions: What was the second largest group? POWs?
Roma and Sinti. (POW's were in POW-camps, and there weren't any before the war.)
Ionus

Reply Tue 9 Jun, 2015 03:29 am
We want equality NOW !

Marriage rights for Polygamists !

Consenting adults should be allowed to express their love by marriage if they want to...
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Tue 9 Jun, 2015 06:22 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

...(POW's were in POW-camps, and there weren't any before the war.)

Minor oversight, I'd say. They worked it out on the fly, looks like.

Oh, look! A butterfly! *fades back into background*
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Tue 9 Jun, 2015 06:53 am
Cant answer it can you ? Why cant loving adults be married if they want ? What a pack of biased hypocritical bigots . You are truly heterophobic fools .
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 9 Jun, 2015 09:38 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

If loving adults want polygamy who are you bigots to stop them ? Its Marriage Rights . If you do want to stop them, then clearly you are anti-civil rights .

Polygamy has nothing to do with marriage rights or equality. It's simply against the law. I think there is just no way that a reasonable person can accept your way of thinking which is almost pathological.

Therefore, I cease to address you - consider yourself ignored from now on.

Ionus

Reply Tue 9 Jun, 2015 06:46 pm
@CalamityJane,
So all we have to do is make a law where homosexual couples can not legally get married and you are happy . Did you think this through ? Of course you will ignore what threatens an already ill informed opinion..otherwise you feel threatened .
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Tue 9 Jun, 2015 06:48 pm
There isnt an ounce of intelligence in this homosexual enthusiasts argument . They are heterophobic .
0 Replies

JoeBruno

Reply Sat 20 Jun, 2015 01:21 am
@farmerman,
Marriage is not a right. I proved that.
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Sat 20 Jun, 2015 01:28 am
http://civilliberty.about.com/od/gendersexuality/f/Is-Marriage-a-Civil-Right.htm

Quote:
Is Marriage a Civil Right?

By Tom Head

Question: Is Marriage a Civil Right?

Answer: Recognized federal civil rights law in the United States is grounded in the U.S. Constitution as interpreted by the Supreme Court. By this standard, marriage has long been established as a civil right.

The operative constitutional text is section 1 of the Fourteenth Amendment, which was ratified in 1868. The relevant passages read as follows:

No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.
The U.S. Supreme Court first applied this standard to marriage in Loving v. Virginia (1967), where it struck down a Virginia law banning interracial marriage. As Chief Justice Earl Warren wrote for the majority:
The freedom to marry has long been recognized as one of the vital personal rights essential to the orderly pursuit of happiness by free men ...

To deny this fundamental freedom on so unsupportable a basis as the racial classifications embodied in these statutes, classifications so directly subversive of the principle of equality at the heart of the Fourteenth Amendment, is surely to deprive all the State's citizens of liberty without due process of law. The Fourteenth Amendment requires that the freedom of choice to marry not be restricted by invidious racial discriminations. Under our Constitution, the freedom to marry, or not marry, a person of another race resides with the individual and cannot be infringed by the State.
While the U.S. Supreme Court has not yet ruled on same-sex marriage, it is unlikely that it would overturn the foundational premise that marriage is a civil right. Lower courts, even when relying on disparate state-level constitutional language, have consistently acknowledged the right to marry. Legal arguments for excepting same-sex marriage from the definition of marriage as a civil right have rested, instead, on the argument that the state has a compelling interest in restricting same-sex marriage that justifies limiting the right to marry (an argument that was also used to justify restrictions on interracial marriage), and/or that laws permitting civil unions provide a substantially equivalent standard to marriage that satisfies equal protection standards.
JoeBruno

Reply Sat 20 Jun, 2015 01:31 am
@CalamityJane,
Gender equality? Answer these:

Why do men and women athletes play on different teams in different leagues?
Why are there no women playing in the World Series or the Superbowl?
They don't compete in the Olympics or college sports, either.
Why do women need special physicians called "gynecologists?"
Why do the 2 sexes need separate restrooms?

WHY? Because, physically, emotionally and mentally, they are NOT EQUAL.
FBM

Reply Sat 20 Jun, 2015 01:33 am
@JoeBruno,
Nobody claims they are. But they should be equal citizens, enjoying equal rights. Anything else is unconstitutional.
JoeBruno

Reply Sat 20 Jun, 2015 01:37 am
@FBM,
If marriage is a civil right, why does anyone need a marriage license?
We have the right to work, buy a car and buy a home because no license or state approval is required to do these things.

If state approval in the form of a license is required for marriage, then it is NOT a right.
JoeBruno

Reply Sat 20 Jun, 2015 01:40 am
@FBM,
Marriage is NOT a right if state approval in the form of a license is required.

We have the right to work at a job, buy a house and buy a car. We know these are rights because no state approval in the form of a license is required to do them.
0 Replies