Gay Couples:Marriage is Not a Right

Ionus

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2015 07:12 am
@farmerman,
What a belligerant drunken old fool you are ....you see yourself as the saviour of mankind . You say it doesnt matter what arguments are used...of course it doesnt matter to you ...why would common sense and justice mean anything to a bigot who has to bluff his way out of a thread when he is clearly wrong ? The great Gomer cant admit mistakes...he doesnt make any . Whatever you are drinking I just hope it is enough to see you off this world without you having to sober up and realise what you are..that would be cruel indeed .
Ionus

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2015 07:16 am
@Ionus,
Look at this :
Quote:
Lets allow marriage between multiple couples...0ne woman many men, one man many women, or loose arrangements between many men and women . Otherwise you are interfering with their rights .

Did I get a single argument against it ? No..because there isnt any . Where are our heterophobic crusaders when you need them ? What is to stop any arrangement of adult couples ? Why stop incestuous relationships if both are adults and are in love, it would be against their civil rights wouldnt it ? There is only a double the normal chance of birth defects, and when detected in the womb he-she can be pulled apart and thrown in the waste bin for burning . Makes sense to me to allow homosexuals to break a 75,000 yr tradition .
farmerman

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2015 08:40 am
@Ionus,
Dipshit, you are demonstrably clueless. Since most govts have outlawed polygamy and polyandry, your argument falls flat.
Why not try to make an argument for legalizing your hobby, kangaroo embuggery.
farmerman

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2015 08:42 am
@Ionus,
Quote:
why would common sense and justice mean anything to a bigot who has to bluff his way out of a thread when he is clearly wrong
Ive been thinking the same thing. Hows it working for you?
You are clueless about the meaning of civil rights arent you?

just say no.
glitterbag

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2015 12:15 pm
@farmerman,
When guy with the kangaroo fetish feels dissed (and that is hard to predict because saying hello could be a trigger) he totally loses his **** and EVERYBODY gets called a racist. My all time favs are the ones in which he uses racist language to try to insult others by calling them racists.
neologist

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2015 03:40 pm
I see my point being made here:

Marriage implies joint sexual activity, an emotional issue.
Legal union implies joint banking activity, a clerical issue.

No vituperation over the latter.
glitterbag

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2015 06:31 pm
@neologist,
I was very young, but there was a time in these united states that marriage between races was a crime. An honest to god crime, you could be locked up.
neologist

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2015 06:47 pm
@glitterbag,
There are still folks who have that fear of mixed races. I doubt they would approve of mixed race legal unions, either.

I don't believe they are the same category, though I admit there may be some overlap. My proposed solution is not likely to take place, so my argument is strictly academic. I just wanted to see if there were any others who might 'agree to a degree'.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2015 07:17 pm
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

Its all in a name . Marriage Theft is going to upset at least 45% of the population so that 5% of homosexuals who make up 7% of the population can have what they want which I see as a denial of who they are...they are queer . They are not normal and indulging in fantasy will not change anything . All we have to do is give them the equivalent of marriage with a different name out of respect for the joining of a man and a woman who invented it and have owned it for the last 75,000 years at least .

This above statement of yours, Ionus, says it all - you think homosexuals are not normal and they're queer. You are a bigot and regardless of what you think, you are in the minority of people who share your thoughts. Thank goodness it's a minority of narrow minded people who won't accept what's different from their own point of view. I might add, your point of view only reaches to the edge of your plate.

There is really no point in discussing this topic with you. You're so far down the road, I would never want to go there.
CalamityJane

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2015 07:26 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

I agree with the OP, THe collective majority has the right to decide what marriage is, they can if they want decide that it means one man and one woman. I have never taken a position on if this should be the case but I have given reasons why the collective might reasonably and rationally decide to do thus. It appears however that the decline in the health of the institution of marriage might make the point largely moot however.

Hello? Read any news lately? The majority of the U.S. and their legislators have decided that equality is the way to go and this includes same-sex marriage. To date 38 states allow legal same-sex marriage, 8 states have banned same-sex marriage, but were overturned. They appealed, so the jury is still out. Regardless, it's only a matter of time before the entire country has same-sex marriages legalized; it will be only a very short time.

So the collective majority has decided already. The institution of marriage, where every second marriage ends in divorce, is not something that needs to desperately be upheld between men and women only.
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2015 07:26 pm
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb192/DinahFyre/1526454_10204311519491275_2546774804823109520_n.jpg
CalamityJane

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2015 07:29 pm
@FBM,
Don't tell Ionus - his plate is empty! Smile
FBM

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2015 07:31 pm
@CalamityJane,
Wink Heehee...
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2015 08:32 pm
@farmerman,
Look dickless. if two adults are in love who are you to stop them from getting married . Stay away from the barn, your motives are obvious .

Quote:
Since most govts have outlawed polygamy and polyandry
You mean in their marriage laws ? The thing you want to destroy because of your heterophobia ?
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2015 08:37 pm
@farmerman,
Tell us about thermometers again, idiot . I'm sure you can fit rocks into this somehow so your fan club will go ooohhh isnt he wonderful ? So knowledgable about homosexuals stealing marriage that he fitted rocks into it . You are just stuck on civil rights because it is fashionable . Your type are more the slave owner . When that was fashionable, you would be just as into slavery and the thinking on the other side . Get a dick transplant and grow up before you die of old age . Happy to pay more taxes, clown ?
Ionus

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2015 08:40 pm
@glitterbag,
fancytesticle, you are the epitome of an idiot . Anti-Jewish, poorly educated low intelligence and trying to side with whichever cause is fashionable . Why dont you go and save some beached whales because it is clearly submarine sonar that has been doing it for thousands of years . Or spend millions to rescue a single whale trapped in ice one year and the ignore it all the following years . Your type has a low attention span...look a squirrel ! Go chase it !
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2015 08:41 pm
@Ionus,
Well, meow, mr. pissypants
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2015 08:42 pm
@glitterbag,
You really dont get it do you ? You would have followed fashion on that too, and been against mixed marriages . Where all de white girls at ? It was probably your best chance and you blew it .
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2015 08:46 pm
@CalamityJane,
Tell me the history of homosexuals and psychology . Straight off the top of your head because you really know the topic dont you ? I specifically use words to generate emotions . I still maintain I know and have worked with more homosexuals than any here bar those who are homosexuals . Obviously male homosexuals, given their promiscuity, know far more than me .

How narrow minded do you have to be to follow the fashion like you ? Dont think, just avoid criticism and join the conga line .
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2015 08:50 pm
@FBM,
That sums up the depth of understanding by your crowd . Lets not complicate matters . This is a homosexual forum anyway, in case you havent guessed . And there are others like me who have PM'd but are afraid to go against the crowd . You are all very fine Nazis indeed . Intimidate, abuse, vilify...anyone for throwing rocks ? I bet gomer can recommend some and think he is being clever all at the same time . Dont get him when he has been drinking though, or he'll blame his hand .