Gay Couples:Marriage is Not a Right

farmerman

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2015 04:47 am
@Ionus,
are any polygamous marriages going on in the us? Are they allowed? Do the Mormons practice it? Any others youd care to mention?

I already posted a map where polygamy is either accepted or not "criminalized". In the Muslim world, polygamy follows on human trafficking (I suppose you are a fan of slavery also?)

Stop trying to mop up your crap with irrelevancies.

THere are so many people who have you on ignore that yu seem to get back to my posts with no waiting. Maybe Ill join them. You just dont seem to give a **** about logic or facts.
Ionus

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2015 08:25 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
are any polygamous marriages going on in the us?
Of course there are..why wouldnt there be ? Because it is illegal like cocaine ?

Quote:
Do the Mormons practice it?
Why do I bother if you dont or cant read my posts ? I pointed out there were at least two break away groups from the Mormans who kept polygyny .

Quote:
In the Muslim world, polygamy follows on human trafficking (I suppose you are a fan of slavery also?)
Any evidence for this ? I am basing my arguments on the ruling by the SCotUS that the constitution guarantees an individuals right to the pursuit of happiness and marriage laws were preventing that by homosexuals . Apparently that means marriage is not solely a man and a woman . There are approximately 3 billion in polygyny marriages .

Stop trying to disguise a lack of knowledge with distractions .

Quote:
THere are so many people who have you on ignore that yu seem to get back to my posts with no waiting. Maybe Ill join them.
Maybe you will . Who can say ?

Quote:
You just dont seem to give a **** about logic or facts.
Hit me with your logic and facts...
parados

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2015 08:25 am
@Ionus,
Quote:
You totally miss the point that Homosexuality was an offense in civil law AND still is to the church's own rules.

You claim 100% of Mormons will be for polygamy.
FM points out that polygamy is against church rules.
You respond that homosexuality is against church rules.

Either you are arguing that 100% of Mormons are for homosexuality or you are admitting that your argument is BS.
parados

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2015 08:47 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

Quote:
Why do I bother if you dont or cant read my posts ? I pointed out there were at least two break away groups from the Mormans who kept polygyny .

Using your logic,it would mean Christians are the same as Muslims since both are breakaway groups from Judaism.

Quote:
There are approximately 3 billion in polygyny marriages .

I do love your leaps of illogic. Because you found a source that says that 3 billion people believe polygamy exists that means that 3 billion people are in polygamous marriages?

Do you believe homosexuality exists? Do you believe homosexual marriages exist? Now apply your logic.
Ionus

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2015 08:58 am
@parados,
Quote:
Quote:
You claim 100% of Mormons will be for polygamy.
FM points out that polygamy is against church rules.
You respond that homosexuality is against church rules.

Either you are arguing that 100% of Mormons are for homosexuality
I'm sorry, parados, but this is so stupid as to beggar a response . Thank you for trying though...
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2015 09:04 am
@parados,
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Using your logic,it would mean Christians are the same Muslims since both are breakaway groups from Judaism.
I am worried about your mental state . Do you seriously think that makes sense ? The groups broke away so they could keep polygyny ....seriously, if you are not drunk you might want to have a brain scan . I am genuinely concerned . Put our differences aside.... what you think is clever is very childish and amateurish...please get a check up because you are a fraction of what you used to be....are you of advanced age ?
Ionus

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2015 09:06 am
@parados,
Quote:
Because you found a source that says that 3 billion people believe polygamy exists that means that 3 billion people are in polygamous marriages?
No, I found a source that was against Polygyny and used their figures for the number in a polgamos marriage . Do you think children count ? As being members of a polygamy marriage ...
0 Replies

parados

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2015 09:45 am
@Ionus,
You argue that 100% of Mormons are for polygamy.
FM points out polygamy is against Mormon church policy.
You point to groups that have left the Mormon church as your proof that 100% of Mormons are for polygamy.

Your logic is pretty stupid. I think we can all agree on that.
Ionus

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2015 09:51 am
@parados,
Quote:
Quote:
You point to groups that have left the Mormon church as your proof that 100% of Mormons are for polygamy.
You've had a pretty bad head knock haven't you ? The Mormons that left their church did so they could PRACTICE polygyny . The statement by their leader was to get the feds off his back . Do you think I will feel sorry for you and quit arguing because it is working . You aren't up to it . Do you think the ones practicing polygyny are for it or against it ? Take your time....
farmerman

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2015 11:57 am
@Ionus,
what a liar you are Anus.
Debra Law

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2015 12:10 pm
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

Homosexual marriage was illegal too, now look . The obvious choice will be to approve polyandry as well as polygamy...after all, it is Marriage Rights !

Quote:
I would think that the USSC would not even hear such a case.

That is such yesterday thinking . Today's modern world demands equality .

Ionus: Google "logical fallacies" and pay special attention to the "slippery slope" fallacy. The law requires that a person end his first marriage before entering a second marriage. The state prohibition against a single person entering multiple marriages has a rational basis. Whereas, there is no rational basis for the denial of marriage equality to homosexual couples, who are similarly situated to heterosexual couples.
farmerman

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2015 01:23 pm
@Debra Law,
he will attempt a lame counterargument. Fear not. He never makes sense.
Debra Law

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2015 04:50 pm
@Ionus,
Parados wrote:

I agree with Parados that Ionus uses stupid logic. Fallacious arguments are not persuasive.

Ionus wrote:
You've had a pretty bad head knock haven't you ?

This is an ad hominen, which is an attack on the person and not the person's argument.

Ionus wrote:
The Mormons that left their church did so they could PRACTICE polygyny .

Some Mormons splintered away and formed cults. The members of these cults are not modern-day Mormons. One such cult is led by Warren Jeffs. He is a convicted child molester. Depraved men who form cults do not have any right secured by our constitution to spiritually wed and rape children. Serial rapists are criminals. The present day existence of cults does not support your argument that 100 percent of Mormons favor polygamy.

Ionus wrote:
The statement by their leader was to get the feds off his back .

Perhaps public pressure was a motivating factor in the change of church policy that came about more than a century ago, but so what? That does not support your assertion that 100 percent of the Mormons who live today are in favor of polygamy. Your argument is based on a false premise. After all, you do not have supernatural ability to read the minds of all modern day Mormons and proclaim they are lying when they say they don't want plural marriages.
Debra Law

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2015 05:09 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Whatever happened to Foxfyre? Although I didn't agree with her conservative views on the matter of civil rights, she made thoughtful and respectful arguments that would test a person's debating skills. I have mellowed over the years and wish my own arguments had been more respectful. It's hard, however, to hold back when addressing someone like Ionus. But, I'm trying . . . Smile
ehBeth

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2015 05:48 pm
@Debra Law,
sending you a pm
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2015 06:05 pm
@Debra Law,
Geez I missed this woman Razz

0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2015 11:34 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
what a liar you are Anus.
What a drunken inadequate excuse of a man you are Gomer .
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Wed 1 Jul, 2015 12:00 am
@Debra Law,
It is not a logical fallacy and your smart arse approach is wearing a bit thin. Google the actual finding by SCotUS and READ it !! It is based on the legal rights on marriage being denied to an individual when those rights are essential to living in a modern society with the freedoms guaranteed by the constitution . It can not be withheld from polygamists who as adults want to enjoy the same freedoms they have been guaranteed . Now as a matter of constitutional law, it is verbalised bullshit but if we are to live with it then it is clear marriage rights can not be withheld from polygamists .
Ionus

Reply Wed 1 Jul, 2015 12:03 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
You will clearly make a factual error but will be too distraught to be a man and admit it . Why are you so insecure ? You do know drinking only procrastinates and the mental and emotional problems you have will get worse for you ?
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Wed 1 Jul, 2015 12:11 am
@Debra Law,
Quote:
I agree with Parados that Ionus uses stupid logic. Fallacious arguments are not persuasive.
Do you even know what paradum said ??

Quote:
This is an ad hominen
REALLY ??? Wow...you are so clever...did you Google it ?

Quote:
Some Mormons splintered away and formed cults. The members of these cults are not modern-day Mormons. One such cult is led by Warren Jeffs. He is a convicted child molester. Depraved men who form cults do not have any right secured by our constitution to spiritually wed and rape children. Serial rapists are criminals. The present day existence of cults does not support your argument that 100 percent of Mormons favor polygamy.
They are ALL child molesters !! Everyone of them ! Good argument, not fallacious at all .

Quote:
Perhaps public pressure was a motivating factor in the change of church policy that came about more than a century ago, but so what? That does not support your assertion that 100 percent of the Mormons who live today are in favor of polygamy. Your argument is based on a false premise. After all, you do not have supernatural ability to read the minds of all modern day Mormons and proclaim they are lying when they say they don't want plural marriages.
This is the only respectable part of a very stupid post . No, I dont have ESP . You are assuming the Mormans changed because they did not want polygyny, and their leader was reflecting that change rather than the pressure he was under . If the main stream Mormans changed, what makes you think they would not change back again ? Simply because it might damage your argument supporting homosexual marriage . Your argument is based on a desperate premise that the SCotUS decision doesnt mean what it means .
0 Replies