Gay Couples:Marriage is Not a Right

Ionus

Reply Sun 28 Jun, 2015 09:01 am
@farmerman,
Now, Gomer, you have been wearing your cape and yelling at the clouds again, havent you ! What did we say about that...
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Sun 28 Jun, 2015 09:07 am
@parados,
Quote:
I notice you can't list a single right that is not available to a married homosexual couple that is available to a married heterosexual couple. Not even 1? And you were so confident with your statement.
That is because you are such an idiot you dont even know you misread what I said :
Quote:
All the rights homosexuals wanted are granted when they are legally married .
You are either drunk out of your brain or have been hit in the head with a bus . I'll say it AGAIN :
Quote:
Read the statement from the SCotUS .
Paradum, come back when you are sober because you are making a complete fool of yourself .
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Sun 28 Jun, 2015 09:09 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
Mormons today are the most monogamous group of "Christians" in North and SOuth America Europe and Australia. I dont know how they act in Asia or in third world countries
Gomer, you are making stuff up . How many of them would want polygamy to be legal, that was the question . But you go on about now which is nothing more than they are following the law .
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Sun 28 Jun, 2015 09:14 am
I have never seen a more stupid idiotic pair of clowns try to make sense in all my life . Gomer and paradum, you have been out celebrating heavily with your boyfriends is the only reasonable explanation for you to have carried on like complete imbeciles . I challenge both of you to put your real names to what you just said or admit where you were wrong like proper ladies .
farmerman

Reply Sun 28 Jun, 2015 09:33 am
@Ionus,
YAWN. Heres a little reading material from the Mormon Encyclopedia (vol3 pp1091-)

Quote:
President Gordon B. Hinckley, prior president of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints made the following statement in 1998 about the Church’s position on plural marriage:

“This Church has nothing whatever to do with those practicing polygamy. They are not members of this Church.... If any of our members are found to be practicing plural marriage, they are excommunicated, the most serious penalty the Church can impose. Not only are those so involved in direct violation of the civil law, they are in violation of the law of this Church.”

At various times, the Lord has commanded His people to practice plural marriage. For example, He gave this command to Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Moses, David, and Solomon (Doctrine and Covenants 132:1). At other times the Lord has given other instructions. In the Book of Mormon, the Lord told the prophet Jacob “for there shall not any man among you have save it be one wife: and concubines he shall have none... for if I will, saith the Lord of Hosts, raise up seed unto me, I will command my people; otherwise they shall hearken unto these things (Jacob 2:27-30).

In this dispensation, the Lord commanded some of the early Saints to practice plural marriage. The Prophet Joseph Smith and those closest to him, including Brigham Young and Heber C. Kimball, were challenged by this command, but they obeyed it. Church leaders regulated the practice. Those entering into it had to be authorized to do so, and the marriages had to be performed through the sealing power of the priesthood. In 1890, President Wilford Woodruff received a revelation that the leaders of the Church should cease teaching the practice of plural marriage (Official Declaration 1).

The Lord’s law of marriage is monogamy unless he commands otherwise to help establish the House of Israel ( Encyclopedia of Mormonism Vol. 3, pp. 1091-1095).
Ionus

Reply Sun 28 Jun, 2015 09:53 am
@farmerman,
Being the fool for the obvious, I dont suppose you noticed it is to convince people that they dont do polygamy, so they are all good law abiding citizens . All it requires is for it to be legal and a "voice" from God and they are back on track .

They only gave it up after a war (1857,1858), a specific Congressional Act of 1862 banning it, a Supreme Court challenge to legalise it again in 1879, their leader issuing a manifesto against it in 1890, and again in 1904 as they apparently still hadnt stopped, which resulted in two main splinter groups going off to continue polygyny, so yeah, it looks like they really dont want it... Rolling Eyes
parados

Reply Sun 28 Jun, 2015 10:48 am
@Ionus,
You are quoting Anthony Kennedy and then trying to give meaning to Kennedy's statement that clearly isn't there. That doesn't make it Kennedy's argument.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 28 Jun, 2015 11:04 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:
How does this not apply to polygamists ?
If you'd read Justice Kennedy's opinion and not just two sentences from the last paragraph - you could know it.
farmerman

Reply Sun 28 Jun, 2015 11:08 am
@Ionus,
Anus. I believe the topic deals with TODAY and today's world.

What the Saints did in the 19th century is considered their "legacy".
You need a time machine to make your assertion even closely approximate reality.
You undesrtand how time keeps all things from happening at once??

Perhaps not.
Ionus

Reply Sun 28 Jun, 2015 10:39 pm
@parados,
Quote:
You are quoting Anthony Kennedy and then trying to give meaning to Kennedy's statement that clearly isn't there. That doesn't make it Kennedy's argument.
Yes, it does...I have 4 SC Judges who criticise Kennedy along the same lines . The gist is that marriage only for heterosexual couples went against the constitutions guarantee of freedoms .
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Sun 28 Jun, 2015 10:40 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
I have read the entire document along with summary statements from all Judges . Have you because it doesn't appear that you have .
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Sun 28 Jun, 2015 10:43 pm
@farmerman,
You can make all the assertions you want and throw in what you think is a glib personal attack but any thinking person can see that polygymy for Mormans is still on the cards . They quit under severe pressure . Take away the pressure, it will come back . If you cant see that then you are clearly bullshitting to yourself, but you do that a lot dont you Gomer ? Like never ever never being wrong . What a drunken clown you are...
farmerman

Reply Mon 29 Jun, 2015 02:05 am
@Ionus,
so it appears that, once your mind is made up over some wacky belief, mere facts and evidence cant sway you.

I dont think anyone will ver confuse you with a "thinking person". You should , perhaps, write the Mormon Synod with your novel hypothesis about them merely waiting for a convenient future time in order to spring polygamy back on us.

I have to give it to you, no matter how insane your hypotheses sound, you'll buy into em without any doubts.

ONCE again, from THE ENCYCLOPEDIA OF MORMONISM

Quote:
"... If any of our members are found to be practicing plural marriage, they are excommunicated, the most serious penalty the Church can impose. Not only are those so involved in direct violation of the civil law, they are in violation of the law of this Church..."

Seems pretty clear to "thinking people"

Below viewing threshold (view)
farmerman

Reply Mon 29 Jun, 2015 02:17 pm
@Ionus,
you can be a douche bag but not on my watch. You have to learn to make sense. The fact that you actually believe all your plops is whats sad. You totally miss the point that Polygamy is an offense in civil law AND to the church's own rules.

The CAtholics used to burn Jews a while back, they dont do it so much these days.I also recall eating no meat on Fridays by order of the Vatican.
Can you grasp the concept of "Time passing" ?

FBM

Reply Mon 29 Jun, 2015 07:10 pm
@farmerman,
I've got iAnus on Ignore, so I don't know what he's saying, but do you really think he believes what he posts? I got the strong impression that he was willing to say anything to get attention. A knee-jerk contrarion attention-whore, like a few others that I put on Ignore.
Ionus

Reply Mon 29 Jun, 2015 09:14 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
You totally miss the point that Polygamy is an offense in civil law AND to the church's own rules.
You totally miss the point that Homosexuality was an offense in civil law AND still is to the church's own rules.

Quote:
Can you grasp the concept of "Time passing" ?
Can you grasp the concept of "Forced to Comply" ?

Quote:
you can be a douche bag but not on my watch.
Not only can you be a douche bag, you are . Who appointed you the 'watch' or is this another delusional award given to yourself, you know, like a 'signtist' .
Ionus

Reply Mon 29 Jun, 2015 09:22 pm
@FBM,
Here's another clown who brags who he ignores . In another era he would be bragging about ignoring Jews, witches and infidels . Yet he thinks of himself as a nice person, believing all the right things...green, save the fat lesbians (or whales), Marriage Theft, Global Warming Incorporated, you name it he signs up for it . It is so people dont criticise him . He needs to run with the pack and say yes sir .

Yes, I do believe what I post . You idiots have created more divisiveness simply because you wouldn't accept a compromise . You were too brave to accept anything but total victory . Well you have opened a Pandora's Box and dont have the brains to close it . It makes you feel too good to go back . And are you in the firing line ? No . Homosexual couples will pay for you .

This aint over .
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2015 02:16 am
Three guys married each other in Thailand and broke the internet there .

https://www.vpointnews.com/Article/4581/three-guys-married-each-other-in-thailand-and-broke-the-internet-there

0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2015 02:17 am
http://www.polygamystop.org/history.html

Quote:
An estimated over three billion people around the world today still believe in polygamy.

What do you think about that Gomer ? Still think marriage is only between a man and a woman ?