25

Who do you think is the most memorable movie character ever and why?

CalamityJane

1  
Reply Mon 15 Jun, 2015 08:21 am
@Paaskynen,
Paaskynen Smile You haven't been here in ages - good to see you again!

1  
Reply Mon 15 Jun, 2015 10:16 am
izzythepush wrote:

glitterbag wrote:

Every character in 'Its a Mad Mad Mad Mad World', it was chock full of great actors and entertainers, I laugh every time I see it. Another old movie that is even funnier today than when it was made in the 60's, 'Dr. Strangelove: or how I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb'.

Another film made in the 60s, chock full of talent and just as funny today is The Wrong Box

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taLNQWahGbw[/youtube]

I bought a DVD of the original "The Lady Killers" made in 1955 with Peter Sellers, Alec Guinness, Herbert Lom and several other great character actors. Personally, I like it better than the remake. It moves a little slower, which to me makes it all the more enjoyable. It shows up on TV every so often, but I got the disc so I can watch it when the spirit moves me.

1  
Reply Mon 15 Jun, 2015 10:30 am
@glitterbag,
My dad would agree with you. I was very impressed with Tom Hanks' portrayal of the professor, very like Guinness' original, despite the different accent.

Paaskynen

1  
Reply Thu 18 Jun, 2015 12:41 pm
@CalamityJane,
Hi C-Jane,

Well, life happened, you know, work, wife, teenage daughter. Plus I started a blog with a bunch a old classmates of mine (which ran out of steam this year).

Now the no-longer-teenage daughter is working abroad planning to study for a college degree. The wife is working abroad too, for lack of jobs locally, so I find myself retracing my virtual footsteps.

This would make for a memorable movie character, but which?
CalamityJane

1  
Reply Sat 20 Jun, 2015 02:44 pm
@Paaskynen,
I can help you write the movie - my teenage daughter gave enough material for it. Anyway, I am happy you are back. Lightwizzard who was another movie fan unfortunately passed on a couple of years ago. We haven't had any good movie suggestions for a while

GorDie

-1  
Reply Fri 26 Jun, 2015 11:03 pm
@Charlie Concord,
For me it is Moglie. from Jungle Book. but I wanted to go with Lord of the Rings, as a general character. XD

jenniesmith011

-1  
Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2015 05:49 am
@Charlie Concord,
Ratso Rizzo by Hoffman

gustavratzenhofer

1  
Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2015 05:36 pm
I forget the character name Eberhard Krumschmidt played in Notorious, but I can not think of a more memorable movie character than that.

Thanks for asking, Jane.
CalamityJane

0  
Reply Fri 3 Jul, 2015 04:31 pm
@gustavratzenhofer,
gheez, I am getting all verklemmt: gustav is here!! Is this your annual furlough post? How the hell have you been?

Roberta

0  
Reply Fri 3 Jul, 2015 10:28 pm
The old man in the Old Man and the Sea keeps popping into my head. Spencer Tracy alone in a small boat. Wonderful.

GorDie

1  
Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2015 12:34 pm
@Charlie Concord,
What do you think about the main character from Underworld?
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQTX6-x9qpdrrt2bjvv0xfuYktD5bxJQm5awtBcZhXsd8r28QqY

0  
Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2015 12:41 pm
@GorDie,
I think it's the sort of film that appeals to someone with a very limited attention span.
GorDie

1  
Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2015 01:02 pm
fare. - I am still striving to think of that character who is riding the back of my head.
But Alice is still a fricken Memorable character.

She is the main character of a trilogy and a sequel which focus Exclusively on her. Kind of reinforces the memorable aspect.